Does anyone on Sup Forums read The Wire?

Does anyone on Sup Forums read The Wire?

Other urls found in this thread:

rocklistmusic.co.uk/thewire_p3.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Does anyone on Sup Forums read

A saw one of their Best Albums of all time list, and it was filled with try hard shit.

>try hard shit
what does that mean?

>top 40 pop rap
>tryhard shit

>top 40 pop rap
what?

top 40 pop rap is try hard shit because you're trying hard not to look pretentious, but would probaly shit on other popular stuff like bro country.

rocklistmusic.co.uk/thewire_p3.htm

Where exactly is this "top 40 pop rap" you speak of?

never read anything from them apart from those simon reynolds hardcore continuum essays

simon reynolds is a fucking hack

t. guy who listens to "intelligent trap" released on hyperdub

why do you say that?

>new namefag trying to fit in
So fucking sad!

Sometimes pick up a copy for the reviews. They often cover some good, interesting releases - but a lot of it just doesn't excite me personally. There's no real rhyme or reason to what they cover, so it can be a little too eclectic for my tastes at times, personally. It's still one of the very few decent printed music mags in the UK.

shilling starting up again for the summer?

this. Isn't it some Sup Forumstant's fake magazine?

lmao why are there always a few sweaty poptimists in these threads

no you retard

>Wire
>not poptimist as fuck
Keep paying for Aurora's opinions retards

The Wire hasn't been worth reading since like 2010, and even then it had its issues with dilettantism and at times shockingly surface-level/downright uninformed writing.

I flip through the new issues every once in a while since a buddy of mine is a subscriber(the dumb fuck!), and every issue that I check out seems to be even more trend-conscious and Tinymixtapes-esque than the last. It's very sad.

The Wire has been pandering to poptimists and college progressives for years now in the hopes that it's gonna help their dwindling subscription numbers. I hope it's not helping.

You're telling me it's just a coincidence that this no-name webblog just so happens to be spammed on Sup Forums and it's not the creator trying to shill it? Bullshit. I've never even heard of "Wire" before a few days ago on Sup Forums but they seem to be a new wannabe-Pitchfork and their taste in music is awful.

but theyre not new you fucking retard

Can you go into more details? I've never read this shit before but I'm intrigued now.

Whatever. They're still a half-poptimist, half-entry level underground wannabe rag. Even Pitchfork is better than this garbage poseur SJW pop/hip-hop dickriding bullshit.

it was much better than pitchfork until a few years ago

Liberals ruin everything

No sweetie it was never good

Only when I turn on subtitles. Which I don't. Because I'm not DEAF.

>on a music forum
>thinks I'm deaf
>ISHYGDDT

well it was always run by liberals lol

pitchfork has never been good

of course
they have a monopoly on the media
quelling all dissenting opinions
journalism is codeword for free speech genocide

maybe not but at least it wasn't tryhard bullshit like the wire

Why the fuck this shit named after a crappy libtard HBO series