Why is this crap so overrated?

Why is this crap so overrated?

I just watched the first two episodes I don't understand what makes it different from most other Japanese giant robot fighting teenage saves the world crap.

shut the fuck up reddit faggets

Because they made a badly written movie to tie it all up and said it was full of sybolism when really, they just didnt know how to end it

Now people say that its a deep movie but not one fucking person whoever declares it can give an explanation, because it was fucking garbage that made no sense

It was a shit because the creator just wanted to finish it up and be done with it

it's a deconstruction of that concept. need to see more of the show before that becomes evident.

Have some determination. Watch at least 5 eps. wheter you like it or not. Right now you've definitely got the wrong idea.

>I don't even understand EoE
The post

I don't know. The whole thing just seemed silly to me.
I mean Shinji was basically the king of betas. Not to mention his dad is literally the best dad ever.
>hooks up Shinji with 3 girls he could fuck, one of them even being a clone of his mom since Shinji is into that
>gives him a giant robot to pilot, who is also his mom so he can be inside her a lot
>was busy saving the world from space monsters
And yet, Shinji is mad at him for not coming to his baseball games.

because all anime belongs in the trash

Point proven

>overrated?

Why would it be overrated? No one cares about a stupid boy like Shinji or that whore Rei. Amrite?

Alright I'll give it 4 more episodes.

>Symbolysm
>In Eva
Back to school

>I just watched the first two episodes-

Can we ban posts like this? How many people come here a day to say they don't get a shows appeal they aren't even close to completing yet. I don't get the point of Chinese food, Ive only tried General Tso's chicken and there about 80 other items on the menu. Since I know Europeans hate food analogies, I don't get sex I've only jacked myself off, but I'm pretty sure I got the full spectrum of the experience at this point.

The first few episodes were made to be feel familiar on purpose.
You gotta set pins up before you knock them down.

To be fair nobody cares a stuck up German slut whose mother killed herself to get away from either.

Class Rep Hikari or bust.

>Class Rep Hikari or bust.

Nobody likes an old hag, you mongoloid! You're nothing but a bunch of savages! I bet you don't even wipe in this country!

The meccha parts aren't the point of nge

But the series was already perfect
The movie mostly just added flashy fights
It's about depression, anxiety and existentialism, it's not even that deep or hard to get into
Something like Lain is actually bit harder to understand as far as animu goes

Reminder that Neon Genesis Evangelion is just an autistic worse version of Mobile Suit Gundam and Space Runaway Ideon. Anyone who says it is a "deconstruction" has only seen less than 10 other animes, all of which were made after 2000. Everything that Evangelion is known for was done better 15 years earlier by the master Tomino. The only reason Eva became popular is because it pandered more to pervert pedophiles (most anime fans, especially Sup Forums.) Evangelion is the go-to anime for newfag plebs. They say it has "deep" characters but they really only like it because the 14 year olds show a lot of skin. A big difference between Gundam and Eva is that 0079 has one of the best endings in anime history and Evangelion has not one, but two of the worst.

>I just watched the first two episodes
>didn't get where shit goes down
>didn't watch the End Of Evangelion yet
shut the fuck up and finish it

of course not silly

>. Anyone who says it is a "deconstruction" has only seen less than 10 other animes, all of which were made after 2000. Everything that Evangelion is known for was done better 15 years earlier by the master Tomino
>If someone has made reconstruction of something before something coming after it can't be reconstruction
aren't you a bright one

>Evangelion has not one, but two of the worst.
i don't agree with you at all, but this line cracked me up

There's a lot of Gundams out there now, which one of them is best? I liked Gundam 00 because its near future world felt plausible but its characters and themes were incredibly shallow.

Why was Seele fighting Gendo and Nerv in EoE if both WANTED THE SAME FUCKING THING? (human instrumentality project to come true)

Why Misato was so indifferent to Asuka through the series?
She obviously cares deeply for Shinji, but couldn't give a shit about Asuka...

The Human Instrumentality Project was just to trigger the cataclysm. Where the numerous factions differed is in what they wanted to do with it.

why would she give a shit about asuka?
no one actually gave a shit about her, except shinji, but he was too busy either dancing with her, or choking her...

>Asuka
>(space to emphasize Asuka's superiority)
>(more space)
>Class Rep
>Rei
>Lesbian Nerv girl
>Misato
>Doctor lady

It captures the feeling of teenage angst pretty well, and has hot girls. It also has the perfect balance between light-hearted stuff (their daily life in the apartment) and dark stuff (the world is being destroyed and is already kind of dystopian).

Wasn't the whole point controlling the instrumentality?
The one at the helm basically could do whatever, Gendo had different motives (getting his waifu) than Seele

It's got okay characterization and remarkable visuals. The overratedness comes from people thinking something 2deep4u is going on due to the gravity and mystique of its Christian symbolism. In reality, there is no symbolism, and Anno just thinks that shit looks cool. It's probably enjoyable if you were to go in knowing that it's just a dramatic character study with gratuitous mech violence and A E S T H E T I C.

She was jealous of her relationship with Kaji.

Why did Gendo grab Rei's boob before shoving his hand in her body?
Also why the boob area if he ended up with his hand in her uterus?
Why not just go straight for the uterus?

>>(space to emphasize Asuka's superiority)
fucking kek'd

Seriously? If looked like the other way around.
Misato has problems, but being jelous about a teen crush on her former boyfriend that is way older than the kid? I don't think so...

Because, just like Shinji, Asuka was in her care and lived with her, for starters?

That's because everything that came after was inspired by it. You'd understand if you were watching anime before and after it came out

show was really good
EoE was okay.

What cataclysm? Why would that matters after everyone become one in counciousness?

Controlling instrumentality? I never got that through the series. Is that in the manga, book or something outside the anime?

samefaggingjust tell me that you also don't know that misato was sexually frustrated
she was indeed jealous of asuka
like said
and she also wanted to fuck shinji

you should try and watch the rebuilds
although different than the originals, some stuff is explained more clearly

the manga was much better with absolute honesty my close blood relative

Same reason Star wars crap is overrated.

>Controlling instrumentality? I never got that through the series. Is that in the manga, book or something outside the anime?
It was implied Gendo's motive was getting his waifu back and that he was hiding it form Seele so that's kinda what I figured. And it was also implied the whole reason Seele wants the instrumentality was to control it somehow

you know that nge is an anime original right?

>try to watch for awesome big robot battles
>receive faggy 2deep4u bullshit

This is one of the reasons i never got into Anime. I just want to see some chaos and war, not angsty retards going through emotional problems.

Capeshit and certain movies are guilty of this too, the reluctant superhero trope is so annoying. If you got power, fucking use it.

I was a pretty big fan of eva, and re watched the series several times, but after watching the third part of the rebuilds I cannot seed anything eva related without cringing,
fk you anno, anime was a mistake

I got that Misato can only deal with her problems through sex and alcohol, but there is not one scene I can remember that hints that she is jealous of Asuka.

She broke her relationship with Kaji because she couldn't handle her daddy issues, and since then I got the impression she never invested herself in a real relationship. Only casual sex and getting drunk to avoid the problems.

Asuka has nothing to do with that.

Yeah, some people tell me this, but they also tell me the Rebuild is other continuity, so I'm not sure understanding rebuild is gonna help me understand the original series...

Then go watch some gundam you queerbo

cataclysm; noun:
a large-scale and violent event in the natural world.
Everyone becoming a single consciousness is one of many different possible outcomes.
If you didn't think Misato was as fucked up as the rest of them you probably weren't paying close enough attention.

>But the series was already perfect
>It's about depression, anxiety and existentialism
This user gets it. Anyone who begins their discussion of Eva by talking about ancestral ayylmaos and the human instrumentality project has missed the forest for the trees. They literally named an episode "The Hedgehog's Dilemma" and it still goes over peoples heads.

the rebuilds are a different timeline
the first movie isn't that much different
the third is completely different
although it's a different timeline, by connecting the dots between the original and the rebuilds, you'll get a clearer view

weeaboos always try to pretend evangelion is some beautiful work of cinema because they have invested so much time in a genre meant for children and pedophiles.

It's your fault for not reading literally anything about it. There are tons of action focused mech battles. Eva is one of the few exceptions, not the rule

this
not really, weeboos nowadays are more geared towards SnK and SAO, typical tumblr trash...

he was sexually attracted to Rei. She was made in the image of his wife

What other desirable outcome there is?
Gendo wanted to kickstart instrumentality to be together with his wife again (since her soul was forever bound to Eva 01, this was the only way, right?).

Seele also wanted instrumentality.

I really don't get the conflict. I understand the character development and motivations much better than I understand the "technical" stuff and background of this series.

Its like Anno was just making things up as he go and the end result is a lot of plot holes and unanswered questions...

Rebuild isn't even finished so nobody knows what it is yet.
Just the fact that one has an Asuka Langley Soryu while the other an Asuka Langley Shikinami should tell anyone that it's not the same story.

thoughts on fate/zero?

what the fuck are you doing?

It's about a manchild who lives in a big robots fantasy world and refuse to grow up. Japan have a big problems with these people wand they try to get rid of the american democracy to start the extermination of the weaboos. You know the reason why Sup Forums hate Evangelion is because it told them how worthless pieces of shit they are. Evangelion should be the last anime you watch. If you still watch anime after that then shoot you in the head.
Also fuck off