Why are there no good movies about Ancient Egpyt?

Why are there no good movies about Ancient Egpyt?

there are but starring stupid yucky white """"""people"""""

I am interested too I would like my stepson to learn of his ancestors king tut and cleopatra

because hollywood likes to play it safe and only retread egypt memes that have worked before, like the mummy and the bible, none of which have a lot to do with actual egyptian history

gods of egypt was a step in the right direction, but it was too fucking goofy

i would really love for a director to do a really nice and well researched period piece about something we haven't already seen a million times, say the war against the hyksos, but fat chance

Because nobody cares about egyptian history.

We need a Cleopatra biopic with pic related pronto.

WE

only if we get Kanye as Marc Antony

too much incest

always saw him as more of a nero or caligula but that will do

Because Egypt (or anything related to Africa) isn't interesting, unless it involves BLACKED Panther capeshit.

Plus, nigs will riot if there are no blacks that are kangz.

BLUE KANGS THE BEST

AYOOOOO

Why is she so fat?

The Egyptian.

she is big and beautiful user

Black baby

The Mummy

Cleopatra was Greek, not a shitskin.

because americans think they were black for some bizarre reason.

Serious answer: it costs money to do period films, especially if they are set someplace foreign like Egypt. Egyptians and egyptologists are not a significant market from any studio's perspective.

Also all movies about ancient egypt take place during new kingdom and that's bullshit.

we really dont

name the top 5 American made Egypt movies with mostly black cast

what does it matter what period it's set in if it doesn't bear any resemblance to the historical situation at that time. the mummy may as well be set in the middle kindgom, wouldn't change anything

>Egyptians and egyptologists are not a significant market from any studio's perspective
Egypt is one of the most popular and recognizable exotic settings even between the plebest plebs

Prince of Egypt
The Mummy
Stargate 2018

>Stargate 2018

never thought i would say this but after ID Resurgence i'm not even sure if i want to see that

Hawks' Land of the Pharaohs, starring Jack Hawkins, of all people, is pretty alright.

[last lines]
Vashtar: So it's finished.
[they gaze at the pyramid]
Vashtar: A structure to house one man and the greatest treasure of all time.
Senta: And a structure to last for all time.
Vashtar: Only history will tell.
Kyra: Will he be remembered?
Vashtar's servant: I don't think I'll ever forget him!

Why is there an Asian guy with them?

There aren't?

>greeks
>white

yea i did that with my son when he was pretty young. i call him in from da porch to da hallway just say "aye! dis ya grandpa" holdin up a pic of king tutut. He be like "aight" and walk away

i used to think that this was a meme that was totally blown out of proportion but then i went to the states for the first time last year and overheard a black guy telling some bullshit version about egyptian mythology and how Osiris BECAME GAWD ALMIGHTY and he told the little boy he could be king Tut

>war against the Hyksos

Hollywood wouldn't make a movie depicting Jews as the enemy

not to mention revealing the unflattering truth behind the exodus myth

actually a very good film, the new one with Christian bale is ok too.