Why are there no good movies about Ancient Greece?

Why are there no good movies about Ancient Greece?

Other urls found in this thread:

linkedin.com/pulse/first-ancient-greeks-were-black-norman-mccreary
4chanlit.wikia.com/wiki//lit/_Wiki
upload.wikimedia.org/wikisource/en/4/42/The_Legacy_of_Totalitarianism_in_a_Tundra.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Too CIS white and male.

Jews don't want to depict a prosperous society without themselves.

Shut the fuck up you history revisionist.

linkedin.com/pulse/first-ancient-greeks-were-black-norman-mccreary

but they were mostly faggots

how did they reproduce?

300 ?

Because the left is currently pushing the 'European/white people have no culture' meme, and films celebrating said culture would work against them and thus will be rare.

There are plenty of films with good bits pertaining to ancient Greece.

As a whole Alexander was a fairly bad movie. But its portrayal of Greek society were pretty awesome, especially the scenes of Alexander as a boy wrestling and learning under Aristotle.

there's only one way, so probably that

I don't know about good, but
>300
>Troy
>Alexander

I wouldn't mind seeing Anabasis turned into a movie, as long as it wasn't too 300-esque

>Greeks
>CIS

OP said good.

but user claimed they were all homosexuals

:b there aint any out there :b

>all

OP, read a book. 100 times better than Hollywood's tripe

Jews are trying to hide the fact that most achievements of western civilization were done by great white males.

But it's not about Greece

straight males get out

Well, like literally everything in History, it was dominated by white males. And since anyone who isn't a white male is seething with jealousy, and since the SJW religion dominates our current cultural landscape to placate this jealousy, it's likely that they'll just remake it with women or blacks like Ghostbusters or whatever the fuck.

You'll find a better source material in books, not movies was what I meant

Why are there no films about ancient Mesopotamia?

Zionists probably hate them too
>Over Iran/Iraq area.
Yeah they hate them

Okay, what are some books then? You dont actually think i would search for them by myself, right?

But couldn't they also have the message be like "look at how great these places were before Islam came along and ruined it all"?

>what are some books then
i'm fucking dying of laughter.

sorry but it reminded me of the WHAT ARE BIRDS thread here 4chanlit.wikia.com/wiki//lit/_Wiki
There should be a Greek section/history section here for you.

And /lit/ has 'start with greeks' inforgraphics, go look at them

Fucking plebs ITT.

Thanks senpai

I'd love to see that.

But lefties love Islam for some reason. Despite the fact that it is objectively 10x worse than Christianity. It just goes to show you how incoherent and deeply illogical the left really is.

>writing all that shit on linkedin
I didn't even know this was possible

There are plenty, they're just not good. Same with ancient Rome or even the Middle Ages, most are shit.

Histories
Republic
History of the Peloponnesian War
Hellenica
Going to War in Ancient Greece (Children's book)

So so many....

Thanks, man

/lit/ is fine board, just lurk a bit to get a handle of things. really helpful and they have the most advanced memes and shitposts of Sup Forums.

They wrote a book by the way, that's a big ass pull about post-modernism.

>The Legacy of Totalitarianism in a Tundra is a metafictional novel collectively written by anonymous users of the literature board of Sup Forums, /lit

upload.wikimedia.org/wikisource/en/4/42/The_Legacy_of_Totalitarianism_in_a_Tundra.pdf

Hollywood heads have an undying hatred for anything greek related.

two thousand years of asshurt.

I don't understand why there isn't even an adaption of the Epic of Gilgamesh yet.

I once had my dad telling me that "logically", Islam is probably the best Abrahamic religion because it's newer than Judaism and Christianity, and so therefore more "developed/evolved".

All of the Abrahamic religions are desert death cults used as a tool to make people meek/slave-like.

Not even trying to be edgy.

Huh?

It's obvious that Islsm is just some poorly written desert fable about a murderous pedophile.

Batman & Robin was written after Batman, it doesn't make it more advanced.

They were originally used to get people to behave, as people are, at their core, just highly evolved animals.

So they did serve some use at a particular point in history. Now Islam seems to be struggling to adapt to the modern world.

Also, Christianity is being replaced by the SJW Religion. And even though I'm an ardent atheist, I think I'd rather Christianity above this insane narrative that currently dominates our culture.

There are 2 fucking genders, godamnit.

300 isn't perfect it has flaws but I'd say its at least good its stylized and surprisingly more historicaly accurate than u would think

ARE YOU IMPLYING THAT THE MEDIA IS RUN BY JEWS AND THOSE WHO SWEAR FEALTY TO THE JEWISH IDENTITY?

WOW ARE YOU SOME KIND OF RACIST? WHO CARES IF JEWS THROUGH ETNO-RELIGIOUS NEPOTISM DOMINATE INDUSTRIES OF MENTAL INFLUENCE? JEWS ARE WHITE TOO SO REALLY IT'S WHITE PEOPLE'S FAULT.

Greeks were too chill by antiquity standards, not enough political drama and wars for writers to use as a crutch.

Jews despise Greece and Greeks in general.

Greek civilization was the antithesis of Jewish culture and religion, and the Greeks thought the Jews t be decadent, poor and miserable barbarians. Just look at the Seleucid anti-jew campaign.

Braveheart and Gladiator are great films, user.

>What are the Persian wars?

What is the Peloponnesian war?

Who is Alexander

Successor Kingdoms and their constant warring with each other ring a bell?

During the Pelloponisian war alone you have figures like Socrates, Thucydides, Plato,Alcibiades,Pericles, and many more.

Theologically Islam makes more sense than the tribal Jewish God or the triple Christian God. But then you have all the retarded Sharia rules and hadiths.

Now compare that to Rome.

>half the thread is crying about Jews
>don't recommend any good films by Kakoiannis or Piavoli

No it doesn't. It literally says to kill nonbelievers. It literally deifies a vicious ginger pedophile. It's complete and utter nonsense.

Look, I know you think If you like "stuff brown people do" it makes you smart and heroic. But you're wrong. It makes you look like a self-deluded fool.

Islam's followers are so far behind Christians and Jews that they'll likely never catch up.

u wot m8?

Is there anything that isn't fantasy?

Unfortunately no