So, who did it best?

So, who did it best?

MBV obviously.

the new Ride is a (sad) joke

MBV - 8.5/10

Slowdive - 8/10

Ride - 6.5/10

Slowdive definitely, and this is coming from someone who never even really liked Slowdive.

Slowdive > m b v > Weather Diaries

this

I was never a huge Slowdive guy either but the new album got me glancing back at their old stuff a bit.

slowdive

Why don't like the new Ride?

The 6 range isn't bad, you know. I do like the first 4 songs and the closer quite a bit but my interest definitely wanes in and out in the middle of the album. I see some love for Rocket Silver Symphony and Cali but I dunno, I'm not super into them.

Slowdive is slightly better than mbv. New Ride, whatever the fuck it's called, is shite.

literal buttgaze.

Burger -gaze.

Slowdive>MBV>Ride

Ride's new album is still super nice though and atmospheric

MBV came out with a solid yet inferior record compared to their earlier stuff. It is still extremely unique and original. Slowdive came out with a generic shoegaze trash album that sounds like a generic indie band/ coldplay. Also it sounds like it was produced by a corporate producer
Ride - why the fuck would I listen to a new ride album?

Can't stand how good this is

Can't stand how shit this is

mbv- the only shoegaze album...and even then,it doesnt accomplish that much instead of livong with 3 tracks of nostalgia

slowdive- more of a dream pop or post punk album...with Daydreaming included as the closer

weather diaries-I dont get the hate t b h.....that album has a diverse variety of influences(space rock in the title track and Rocket Silver Symphony(Spiritualized anyone?),krautrock in Lannoy Point,progressive rock in two tracks,surf rock,dream pop and britpop)
if you are looking at it as shoegaze release,then it's normal to see it as a disappointment

Slowdive>MBV>Trash