Just graduated high school and everyone else seemed really happy and relieved but I'm more depressed and anxious than...

Just graduated high school and everyone else seemed really happy and relieved but I'm more depressed and anxious than I've been in years.
Music for this feel? Already listening to pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s1FntLpp3sFd
youtube.com/watch?v=al66FlK4Hu4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

if youre self-loathing give this one a shot

ah, you've failed to mature unlike 'everyone else'
i recommend an album such as this

I've been meaning to listen to this but I thought it was just talking heads-esque new wave? not that I'm complaining, I absolutely love new wave but that style of post punk doesn't typically lend itself to self loathing...
I've listened to their first two but never this one, I'll have to check it out

Many people say that their life got better after highschool, but mine got much worse. Either way have fun op, the summer after high school is usually a good time.

college sucks (on an academic level, it's otherwise fun) but if you give it your best shot and go into a not shit major your life will be great

assuming you go to college that is

just pull the trigger and listen to it man. especially the lyrics. it is a truly fantastic album and it doesn't really emulate anything TH did

I'm in the same exact situation, plus I've just realized that I have a crush on the girl in my math class that teased me.
I might've had an actual chance earlier in the year but I dubbed her cause I thought she was joking. I think she's dating some Jamaican guy now, prom's tomorrow, and graduation's on Friday.

She has my number, but women don't pursue guys and I'm definitely not gonna text her. Probably didn't even save my number.

I hope summer is alright, most of my friends are going on vacation and leaving for school early but I'm going for a record store job so hopefully I can have some fun there.
I've never listened to this album and I'm not big on emo, but I love Rites of Spring so I'll give it a shot
I'm going into data science cause I love stats but I'm afraid my comp sci skills are really lacking and that my school (drexel) isn't good enough. I go to a really competitive high school so some people shit on schools that aren't top 25, which makes it hard to be confident in my college decision
On the first track and I get what you're talking about, it's really great thanks
I know that feel. I've kind of struck out girl-wise in hs. I'm not super ugly or unpopular, but I'm really awkward (not in the charming way) and I can't pick up any sort of signs

Sorry for the blog post boys, having a bit of a rough time. Having a beer and listening to soul mining right now though and it's hitting the spot, so thanks

Normis

Have you heard their album "a promise" that's probably their best album and nothing else has topped it and describes your whole muh anxiety meme.

Also a personal 10/10 for me

I felt the same way at the time, but really it's a good thing. You can new make a new beginning somewhere else and you will make less mistakes and grow more and meet a lot of people and find new interest you didn't even know you had. Look at all the potential you have. If you're not quite sure what you want to do yet, go travel somewhere and see new things.

>but I'm really awkward (not in the charming way)

For the best. You'll find ways to grow and improve instead of being a perma awkward Micheal Cera type.

The song that I listened to over and over at the end of my senior year was Smashing Pumpkin's 1979 btw.

I don't pick up any of the signs until it's too late. In a few months I'll be a kissless 19 year old virgin.
At least you're not ugly, I'm ugly as fuck and 5'4 on top of being awkward.

>I go to a really competitive high school so some people shit on schools that aren't top 25, which makes it hard to be confident in my college decision
lol ignore the prissy fucks. you do you man.

And fat.

Yeah don't worry about it OP. That shit isn't gonna matter in like two months.

Oh yeah, xiu xiu is my favorite band but I'm feeling more "Rose of Sharon" than "Ian Curtis Wishlist" rn if you get that...
I hope...
not huge on smashing pumpkins but for me that song would be temptation, I was blasting it as I drove out of the parking lot tonight and it felt pretty good
I know, but this shit is bringing me back to when I was super depressed a few years ago and it doesn't feel too great

listening to some merzbow record rn, I'll get to this after. Thanks for the rec!

let me know what you thought of it when you finish

I finished it up a few minutes ago and I'm definitely glad I gave it a shot! Was not expecting that level of paranoia and shame which is exactly what I want right now, so thanks for the rec
Have you heard John Foxx - Metamatic? I think you'd love it

not OP but this somehow brings a feeling of hope 4 me
thx

OP I was just feeling similar to this today. I recorded some bullshit in VST host. Stream of consciousness just thinking about how much I've fucked up in life and the prospect of dying alone.

vocaroo.com/i/s1FntLpp3sFd

the universe is waiting
youtube.com/watch?v=al66FlK4Hu4

I'm more of an Ian Curtis wishlist type of guy, my dude. But yeah I gotcha ya

I've actually never listened to this so I'll have to give it a shot
Seems a bit aimless, but given the subject matter it feels fitting. Nice job user