Ariel Pink vs. Sufjan Stevens

Help me out, Sup Forums. Who do you prefer and why?

I think they are quite different

Ariel

Ariel Pink, I either love (Illinois, Age Of Adz) or outright dislike (EYR, Michigan, A Sun Came) a Sufjan album, with Ariel Pink I either love it (House Arrest, The Doldrums, Pom Pom, T&B, Scared Famous, Before Today) or think "eh" (Worn Copy, Loverboy)

DESTROYS your path

AP

How on Earth can you dislike Michigan?

Ariel has better style

John Maus

is sounds like he constantly thought "oh this is such a great idea! I should save it for Illinois" during the making of it

Ariel's early back catalogue constitutes the best lo-fi of the 2000s, his songs are warm, tongue-in-cheek (lol), and ofc there's the whole added benefit of not having been religiously indoctrinated to the point where every other song is a parable in disguise

sufjan because ariel pink is shit and sufjan stevens is god himself

Both are greeeeattt, but sufjan cause his music is sincere and I value that more then goofy foamyboyant core

You're an idiot

Can't get into Sufjan at all, even his big songs are just meh to me. But Ariel Pink is glorious.

Ariel's music is sincere, but it's a subtle sincerity, and one that patently has flown straight over your head

when will this meme die ffs

i like sufjan more but ariel pink is also cool so yuh

Is John a meme or something?

he makes great music

is this thread bait?
Sufjan miles above this talentless freak

ITT shit taste
soof all the way, pink doesn't have an album higher than 7/10

Age of Adz & Illinois both 10/10

Ariel Pink makes good pop music
Sufjan Stevens has mastered a plethora of genres and used them all to wring emotion out of the coldest of hearts

he's a bit on the spectrum, but in a good way

fuck off underage hipster

>dislike Michigan
kill yourself

lmao, he's even worse than pink

fuck off underage

Ariel is a fucking faggot

irrelevant meme

He sucks

this guy gets it

fuck off underage

fuck off underage

S U F J A N

why even compare some B-grade indie musician with one of the best singer/songwriters ever? lmao

I think Ariel Pink is just better overall, plain and simple.

Look, I understand the appeal of Sufjan but I can't really relate to him. Also, you literally disagree that he is a very pretentious person.

>The Black Hawk War, or, How to Demolish an Entire Civilization and Still Feel Good About Yourself in the Morning, or, We Apologize for the Inconvenience but You're Going to Have to Leave Now, or, 'I Have Fought the Big Knives and Will Continue to Fight Them Until They Are Off Our Lands!'

Ariel really just makes good music. While he doesn't try to make a grand and majestic album, his music showcases his strong abilities as a musician and retains his relatable quirkiness. Carrie & Lowell felt like the only record Suf has made that wasn't pretentious or overthought.

@73503468

>Ariel
9/10 discog
>Sufjan
4/10 discog

really makes you think

meant "can't disagree"

Kill yourself, faggot

>Sufjan
9/10 discog
>Ariel
4/10 discog