Anyone here work at an Amazon warehouse?

Anyone here work at an Amazon warehouse?

What is the hiring process like? I have heard it's interviewless, they just hire. Do you like it?

wow i actually want to work at one of these warehouses too just because im 18 and want okay pay

Anyone?

I filled out the questionnaire online, then you get an "offer". Went to a Goodwill with a bunch of other rejects and got to listen to a presentation with a saliva drug test sticking out of my mouth. Was told I had a job by email then never heard back. Was really amazed how such a good company had so bad of a hiring process.

How long did it take between you filling it out and you getting the offer?

So they said you had the job, but then nothing? Did you ever start working there?

Maybe two or three days. It was during Christmas season, so I imagine they were desperate for workers.

You heard right, the 'interview' is just them taking a picture for your badge and double checking your high school diploma. The hiring process can take up to 1-2 months getting all the documents and waiting for them to respond (maybe different bc in my case, we were opening a new building; my seasonal friend had orientation a week after the application).

You don't have to talk to anyone in-person and everything is done through the computer until the orientation.

So they actually check for diploma?

My brother actually went through this process and got hired on. They hired him through email, like you said, promised him they were "getting things ready" for about three weeks. Finally he got in. Confirmed saliva drug test. Pay is like 10 or 12 an hour? Can't remember.

Nope. Got another email for a different position so I went online to try to talk to someone, but there is no phone number, only online chat. Lady on chat told me I was hired for the first position, but wasn't sure what happened and that I should reapply. Kind of lost interest at that point and stopped pursuing it.

They do but I know a few people who went through orientation and got a free pass as long as they showed the diploma to HR once they found it

The drug test was on the same day too iirc

Oh, so they want a physical diploma, they don't check some database?

I passed my equivalency. but something fucked up and they say the results were lost or some shit and i never got the paper, never really needed it so never bothered with trying to fix it. I think it just doesn't exist now.

I spent a couple months doing temp stuff at warehouse and I met a few people that had worked at the Amazon warehouses. Nobody had anything good to say about them. Then again, it's pretty hard to find somebody that'll say anything good about warehouse work. It's work for people that have no skills or are in the middle of becoming qualified for better jobs. The amount of shitty people working at them is incredible.

It's probably fine if you're trying to get your life together and need a stable job. Work hard and try to get your bosses to like you if you want it to be as comfy as possible.

Plus, I think Amazon is trying to automate away these kinds of jobs. I'm hoping they get that done in the next thirty years.

Worked at Lexington Amazon for almost 2 years

ama i guess

Meatballs or beach?

I live at the beach now, so meatballs

Yup a physical diploma but I was able to get a copy from my high school since I lost mine lol. They're supposed to store a physical copy for a long time. Were you considered 'graduated' after all that even though the results were lost?

Did they actually verify your diploma? If so, how?

i bought in my physical copy when i came in for the interview, they photocopied it and never worried about it afterward

I got a letter with my results showing I passed, and that I would receive the documentation. Never did. I called and they could not find my name in the system. Said they would get back to me, while waiting I got a job and kinda forgot about it. Eventually called again and it was the same story, but no job ever checked so I was never too concerned.

did you ever swipe any sex toys

Damn, that may fuck me up. Wonder if they would hire anyway if I just went and took the GED asap

That's pretty fucked up if you passed the test and they never gave you your paper. I got mine the year after I was supposed to graduate, and after the test, they did a small ceremony at the high school as a formality I guess, then mailed out the actual paperwork. Did you go to any kind of grad thing after taking the test?

no but i packed a shitload of them, we used to have a game between the workers to fine who got the weirdest item. to this day the weirdest sex toy I packed was a translucent dragon shaped pocket pussy called 'Enter the Dragon'

I'd talk to HR first, they might be ok with your story if not then find out what you need to do. amazon cares more about whether or not you show up and can keep up with rate than your thoughts. they pay you work fast and consistent not think.

No, there was nothing like that. Was supposed to just be sent out to me.

>'Enter the Dragon'

I was under the impression that they pretty much exclusively used staffing services for the basic warehouse gigs.

They had a hiring even in my area. You just show up, fill out the paperwork and you have the job. No interview or anything

were you hired as full time, or part time that turned to full?