youtube.com/watch?v=ixZDTiXiHsc
youtube.com/watch?v=tWZ9ihZ_TUw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>genre: queer punk

>genre: rap

there's a few good queer punk bands out there tho desu

bikini kills fucks and if you disagree because of politics you're a cuck

>look at me guys i'm so cool for listening to feminist bands

Genre shouldn't be defined by the identity or politics of the person making it.

is there any good riot grrrl music? I listened to Le Tigre recently because of nostalgia but I cant really stand most of the songs now

more like bikini kill sucks

Sleater Kinney

>conscious rap
>depressive black metal

says you

I only listen to genres with the word "gruggle" in them.

>rock against communism

>genre:
>"Indie"
>Signed to a label

there are white conscious rappers tho

I will never understand this or what indie is actually supposed to describe. College rock? Unconventional pop? Pop rock?

absolute pleb

youtube.com/watch?v=ixZDTiXiHsc

>punk
fucking terrible genre

sam hyde is so painfully unfunny

riot grrrl was actually badass back in the 90s, before tumblr came along and ruined feminism
youtube.com/watch?v=tWZ9ihZ_TUw

i like conscious rap because usually the beats are more jazz and funk influenced which i enjoy in hip hop

The "independent" descriptor was generally used to refer to bands and labels that operate independently of major labels (Sony, WMG, etc.) meaning that they were completely detached from the mainstream music industry; It's since been more commonly used as the name of a genre, but what defines that genre isn't very clear and it seems to morph over time. I think these days people use it to refer to what ever kind of music is currently popular within the circles of stereotypical trendy hipster kids.

>rock for communism

I have no issues with modern day feminism but the name of the genre is so stupid I'm not going to give it a chance

>going through the sample playlist of the lineup of my local music festival
>female vocalist screams "1-2-3-4"

If you don't like le tigre's first album then I don't like you

Riot Grrrl and Queer Punk is ALL TERRIBLE

That hairy Bikini Kill cunt's voice is atrocious.

Worthless music, riding on a critically-lauded narrative. USELESS.

Kill all critics.

The blow

what a pleb

>liking music because it has a narrow, one-sided political message

How absolutely boring and pointless. Marxists belong in a fucking meat-grinder, for no other reason than being artistically and aesthetically WORTHLESS.

THAT GIRL THINKS SHE'S THE QUEEN OF THE NEIGHBORHOOD

tacocat is the she-it

>genre: Blues

little baby bird brain

>genre: EDM

>genre: Neofolk

What's going on big guy?

>genre: NSBM

Riot Grrrl is to music what Slam Poetry is to poetry

the Riot Grrrrrl fanzines and the music was better than most Grunge ťbh

Can we talk about how shit Priests are?

>genre: party rock

Sleater-Kinney are good
There's a few bands like L7, Babes in Toyland and Hole that are sort of borderline cases as well that are good
I've never liked Bikini Kill, don't know why they're as revered as they are

Slant 6 are good as well

> maybe if I pretend to like this awful hamfisted feminist punk girls will have sex with me!

>genre

Babes in Toyland and L7 hated being labeled riot grrrr back in the day and didn't want to have anything to do with it.

I didn't understand why until I saw "the punk singer" and realized the movement consisted of whiny bitches saying mosh pits were too violent and shit
>mfw I ended up on a hospital after a chick at a 90s HC show stage dived over my head and almost broke my neck

>Genre: True Cvlt Black Metal

I didn't know that, I only mentioned them because I see them get labeled Riot Grrrl a lot. Don't blame them for not wanting to be lumped in with that scene desu. Still well worth checking out though, they were really good.

L7s worst is miles better than anything Kathleen Hanna ever did. Can't say the same about Babes in Toyland, their early EPs where good but their albums are an endurance test, they where tailor made for 90s MTV though
7 Year Bitch needs to get more recognition, surprised modern feminists don't worship them

>genre: pickle rock

>genre
>pronunciation: ʒɑ̃ː.rə

wtf