Do you like this movie?

Do you like this movie?

I thought it was entertaining.

Other urls found in this thread:

orthosphere.wordpress.com/2013/03/04/the-argument-from-truth/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I love it. I offends nu-males like no other. Snyder knows what he is doing.

I like how that was clearly posted from an iphone. The symbol of numales.

I thought it was okay. It wasn't as bad as everyone said it was. I didn't mind Lex's acting.

Only problem was that the entire movie was not really a movie. It was setting itself up for a different movie. And how they kinda shoehorned Wonder Woman at the end fight was kinda weird.

And it would have been neat if the fight between Batman and Superman lasted longer than 30 seconds.

It is entertaining as a study in bad filmmaking

After a few rewatches you realise it's really awful.

orthosphere.wordpress.com/2013/03/04/the-argument-from-truth/

I would call it Kinotainment

pretty good, but not the second coming of christ. i like all the references in the background.

Except it's the highest level of film making on every level. If Snyder used his skill on a film without action and through in some LGBT themes and then released it under a psuedonym it would sweep the awards of every festival, be on a bunch of end of year top 10s and everybody would cry about how it got "snubbed" at the oscars.

it was 90 minutes before Batman did anything remotely Batman like. and Superman was just a moody dick and didnt do a thing until the last 25 minutes.

27% is too generous, even for the ultimate cut.

No I'm not a tasteless imdb drone with no cinematic skill set.

Nah Suicide Squad is way better. More interesting characters

the theatrical version was a mess but the ultimate edition was enjoyable

doesnt fix all of the stupid shit in the movie and lex is still awful but it became a decent flick

Zack Snyder has become like Ridley Scott. he focuses so hard on getting the scenes looking perfect that he forgets about things like the script, dialog and who the target audience actually is.

I bet excited kids were bored shitless and left the theater in droves.

>it was 90 minutes before Batman did anything remotely Batman like
That's why it's top tier capeshit. Appeasing the autists who read comics or watch cartoons is the worst thing you can do. If the manchildren are mad then you know it's good.

>I bet excited kids were bored shitless and left the theater in droves.
Yeah, and maybe now they will grow the fuck up and stop wallowing in their infantile pandering.

still capeshit but a change of pace from marvel and i could buy into the feud between these heavy weights much easier than 'boohoo 1 floor of a building got destroyed, better have a civil war because this is the first time civilians have died at the hands of the avengers'

10/10 kinogod.

two words:
Jesse Eisenberg.

jesus fucking christ he makes Jared Leto's Joker look good.

>Thinking a phone is a symbol of ones masculinity.
This is what nu-males think

It's really not. You can't pretend a film has artistic integrity when "characters" who are mere ciphers appear for no other purpose than as built-in adverts for future movies. Wonder Woman has no lines of dialogue other than with Bruce Wayne, serves no purpose other than to advertise her own future movies, has no impact on the story and no impact on the final fight with cave troll.

Any idiot can film a man in such a way that there's a stained-glass window behind him, or ask the CGI artist to make a hole in a wall shaped like a whale. The real trick is to make you care about the characters and empathise with what they're going through, which Zack Snyder consistently fails to do in any of his movies.

its a symbol of emasculation.

I dislike it, because it's a lot of waisted potential. It hurts watching the movie and thinking how you'd improve almost 70% of it.

I won't watch anything with ben affleck in it

This. What the fuck was Jesse Eisenberg doing and why didn't anyone stop him on set.

I loved it and I love it even more at the fact it triggers so many people

That's the reason you didn't see Gone Girl? Oh, user.

Doomsday called.

The movie was absolute shit, but he was the best part.

He was doing the same Eisenberg shit he does in every movie.

It wasn't as bad as everyone said, but definitely not remotely good.

The only good things about it were Batfleck and Basedfred.

The worst part is between Lex Zuckerberg or Doomsday.

It was worse than everyone said, if anything.

>Knows what he's doing.

I don't actually like it, but it's our last hope at stopping Disney/Marvel from spreading their degeneracy across the West, so I have to support it.

fuck you pleb

Knowing contrarians on this board, someone will surely defend it and call it "kino".

And it already happened.

Have you seen Justice League's trailer?

He can film a turd for 3 hours and Dcucks will call it kino

i liked shirtless batfleck and that's about it

The shilling is mainly ironic. There aren't a lot of people who genuinely like the movie on this board.

No, what about it?

I really wanted to like it and be hyped, but I just didn't find myself that hyped by the end.

It took itself so fucking seriously that I can't take it seriously, Batman straight up murdering people really bugs me, Jewsse Eisenberg was shit and grating and completely non-threatening and intimidating, Wonder Woman was shoehorned in so fucking badly, Doomsday was introduced way too late and felt so utterly pointless for being such an important villain, the justification for them teaming up and being buddies immediately was fucking stupid, Superman being a grim dumb fuck was stupid, so much of it was stupid.

But it had good parts, some really nice shots, and Batfleck was a damn good Batman, but there's so much fucking wrong.

The only thing it did was make me excited for Justice League, and now we're not even getting Darkseid first, we're getting fucking Steppenwolf first, so fuck it.

I want her to bite my head off

batman being fine with shooting the russians gas tank was the final straw for me with snyders batmurderer

Snyder went full quips. It's basically like Avengers.

I know, but there is a minority that isn't being ironic.

no

Batman will hurt you and hospitalize you, make you never walk again, but he'll do everything to try and not kill you.

I'd like to see you try desu

Fell asleep. Pointless capeshit faggotry.

I'd mainly focus on Batman and Superman and their conflict. I'd swap the actor and wouldn't make Luthor a pretentious faggot. I'd also remove Doomsday.

I went in with an open mind, because I like Batman and didn't want to get caught up in company wars. I stopped the extended version halfway through because of how boring it was. The only thing this movie had going for it was nice visuals, which is probably what tricked people into thinking this was good, but the symbolism pushed in them didn't make up for the generally dull story. The knightmare sequence was pointless. I just couldn't care about finishing it, and I rarely ever turn a movie or show off. Watched Imperium instead. Harry Potter going undercover as a nazi was far more entertaining than two of my favorite superheroes fighting, and that's a damn shame.

Note how he shot the guy in the shoulder; he didn't fucking turn a gas tank into a giant non-lethal ball of fire.

i don't see a bullethole in that shoulder desu

You don't see it anywhere else, do you? I guess Batman just shot a waterballoon behind the guy.

Seeing Lex as nothing more than a pretentious faggot only means you didn't see through the smokescreen.

The Ultimate Edition is one of the few Capeshit movies that I like.

>smokescreen

wonder woman is the feminist critiquing manhood you fucking nu-male. her discussions with bruce essential to the theme of masculinity in the film.

"He made me half a man. I can't even piss standing up" - Wallace to the Senator, referring to Superman.

"You're not brave. Men are brave"

"You were never a god. You were never even a man.".

Lex, Batman and Wallace all feel emasculated by Superman's existence. They were acting like nu-males. Except Batman is really an alpha and he realized how fucked up he was being by the end.

I hated it. I need a movie that I can watch with my wife and her son that doesn't make me feel emasculated.

I was howling like a maniac with laughter in theaters every time Batman went on an undeniable murder spree

You were not alone, user. Now let me take a moment to point out something I slowly realized after thinking the movie over:

Batman as presented in BvS is being employed to provide some commentary on post-911 western society. It's all there. It's pretty much undeniable. He freaks out after his building falls, he tortures, he lies about WMDs to Alfred, he goes to "war," he justifies his actions against Superman based solely on where he's from and what he might do.

Snyder and his team know the place the Batman holds in pop culture, and while it's totally understandable seeing him this far across his line given the portion of his career we're being shown, everyone who's most upset about seeing him kill might pause a moment and ask themselves why they think he's being shown this way.

The message seems pretty clear to me: the moment we compromised our principles, we stopped being heroes too.

Don't think for a moment that the community Superman represents in this context comes out of it looking any better. It's the combination of silence and ambiguously motivated actions that allows guys like Lex to keep painting them as the bad guys in the first place.

What did Snyder mean by this scene ?

The problem with all of that is MoS ends with a literal 9/11 literally saving the world.

Yeah, and Zod was the cause of it. What would you say he's a good stand-in for?

No it didn't, superman did.

9/10 movie

Why did Snyder choose to have both generic hipster Bernie bros protesting on the same side as the evangelical, God hates fags cuckservstives?

I don't have a pic of the Christian protestors but I've seen the film twice now and know that there are protestors with anti-alien Christian signs that are visual mirrors of the Westborough Baptists church signs

Im not sure what the intention was of taking these two very opposite kinds of people and putting them both on the same side against Supes

I guess you're forgetting that whole bit about a passenger airline crashing into one of the twin towers of the world engine.

anything you could come up with will fall apart under the smallest bit of articulation.

Not the worst superhero movie I've seen in the last 20 years. About the best thing I can say about it.

For the movie being all about the conflict between Batman and Superman, they did a very poor job of building up their reasons for fighting each other. Well, Superman's reasons for hating Batman anyways beyond "the script says I hate him now."

I heard the Ultimate cut fixes that, but fuck spending money a second time on this shit.

because watchmans said aliens would unifies the humanity agains common threat!

the director's cut just has clark looking into exactly why black lives matter.

>it's a "Snyder made the movie shit on purpose" episode

even if, just if, we agree the pretensions faggot bit was just an act, underneath it is revealed nothing but an even bigger faggot.

I love Affleck Batman (minus the Martha scene and Snyder's horrible writing) and hated everything else. I actually think Batfleck is the best on screen Batman we've seen so far, topping Bale. It's just not fair that Affleck's great potential is being thrown into these shitty movies with shitty scripts. All I want is a standalone Batfleck film with competent writers.

affleck was less than worthless as wayne, though.

His acting was great, the writers fucked up his script

I hated it.

Then I watched the Social Network after watching a few of Eisenberg's other shitty films (Adventureland, American Ultra), and was sad that I had seen him in awful movies first. Dude's pretty good.

OK then, take this apart.

Zod's religion is science as embodied in the Kryptonian genetics program. Preserving that and Krypton's culture are literally the only things that matter to him. He's clinging to Krypton's "glorious" stagnant past, willing to genocide entire cultures to resurrect it, and blind to the advantages of cooperation and tolerance.

Despite all his high tech trappings, at his core, he's an extremist fundamentalist.

Now refute it.

>minus the Martha scene
retard

>You're mom and my mom have the same name!
>No way we're like best friends now!

That's what I meant, not the warehouse fight. That was badass

Like I said, retard.

>The hot as fuck blondes love superman
>cucked nu-male protesting
P O T T E R Y

>zod is osama

didn't realize bin laden had spaceships, hijacked the world media, was a legitimate threat to anyone after 9/11.

>You now realize that when Superman refused to fall in line like a good little pawn, Lex literally drug Zod's corpse out of the closet to play the part of the boogeyman.

kek what do you know about filmmaking? You probably think Spielberg is the pinnacle of cinema. Truth is, while Snyder does struggle with plot in his movies, his strength lies in his visual storytelling and the fact that he does know how ti make a movie a movie, a cinematic experience if you will. This days movies have the quality of tv shows, with bland and visually unstimulating images.

Yeah, it needed more explosins and batman punching people, it would have been hella fricking epin.

What was wrong with it?

>Lex, Batman and Wallace all feel emasculated by Superman's existence.
Is this really what Snyder is trying to tell us?
Did Krypton go extinct because they banished their penises?

>2016
>Not having a phallic escape pod
It's like you want to stay a virgin forever

Bernie Bros hate Superman

6/10 for theatrical
8/10 for Ultimate Edition

This film was great from start to finish, the way it got Batman and Superman to learn about eachother through their undercover work was a great way to drive the plot. Jesse Eisenberg playing a millennial atheist who has an axe to grind against God (in this case Superman) was a great motivator for him to start manipulating our two main characters.

I don't like some of the artistic choices 2bh, you can have a somber plot but and still keep things colourful, the contrast in the opening scene in the desert made me want to peel my eyes out. Snyder's love affair with high contrast colour filters hasn't seem to have subsided since 300.

The story is completely solid as far as I'm concerned, a lot of movie goers seem confused as to why Batman suddenly didn't want to kill Superman when it spells it out for you with a simple flashback. Batman has built Superman up to be this emotionless alien but when this alien begs him to save his human mother called Mother it hits close to home in Batman that A. Bruce wasn't able to save his mother and B. He feels empathy for this person whom he thought was just an alien.

It's not brilliant cinema by any means but it's a spectacle that seems to have resonated with audiences on a personal level hence the record level blu-ray purchases.