Not memeing or trolling, can the Cowboys win the Super Bowl?

Not memeing or trolling, can the Cowboys win the Super Bowl?

I think they've got a good shot now that their pass rush has picked up some. If Claiborne comes back, the secondary will be great again. Dak has played elitely, and if he starts to shit the bed Garrett can put in Romo. They have home field advantage and the team isn't relaxing like they did in 2007. I think they've actually got a great shot, more than what most people are giving them.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9yh1DyvTuDA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yes they have a chance and probably the third or second biggest odds of winning.

Look up Belicheks record vs rookie qbs

I don't think so. Rodgers is too good for any team right now.

Repeated media narrative to hype up wild card games so people will care enough to watch it.
Irrelevant and inconclusive.

Why do you people have to go full tinfoil hat with everything?
Is it mostly hype? Sure
Is it some grand conspiracy to drive ratings? Fuck no that's dumb as shit. It's the NFL people are gonna watch anyways.

>Rodgers
>3li

Let's be real. Eli is a chump that got lucky two times. It won't happen again and you memers will never get your Giants vs Patriots 3li edition

Conspiracy? It's literally common media stratigies and television executives talk about this shit all the time in interviews.

Just because your ass it too dumb to understand major american sports are an entertainment product and not some serious practice that's life and death. Media from major networks like ESPN that pay millions for the rights to air these games hype up and manipulate their viewers into getting excited for games so they can have higher ratings and therefore earn more money from advertisements and be able to purchase even more rights to air sports and grow their brand/company.

fool me once...

You're probably right, but he went through Green Bay twice to get there.

>Dak playing in Owl vs Belichek
>Belicheck gets in his head, Patriots jump to a 14-point lead as the first half winds down
>Garrett finally wakes the fuck up and puts in Godhand
>Romo wrecks the Patriots shit and cements himself as a HOF player
yes

Does any other playoff team have what it takes to do what the Giants did to them?

No.

Not irrelevant, though I can't think of a single rookie Beli's beaten playing as well as Dak is right now. I really hope we get a Pats Cowboys superb owl cuz both teams are fun to watch

there has literally NEVER been a rookie QB playing as well as Dak. Just broke the record for highest passer rating for a rookie by a healthy margin

The cowboys will go as far as their defense will allow them to.

If the packers lose to the giants (50/50 prospect imo), they'll walk to the Owl.

>There has literally NEVER been a rookie QB playing as well as Dakota since they changed the rules to benefit QB's*

FTFY

was there a QB playing as well as Rayne before they changed the rules to benefit QBs? Kinda hard to do so if the rules aren't in their favor dontcha think?

Been watching Giants 32 years.

Member when Kaepernick was in the Super Bowl?

Dallas has a top form offensive line. They were a decent squad (for me to poop on) with Tony and Murray.

Dak is a damn sight better than Dilfer and he has a ring.

The Eli of 2016 is not the same Eli of 2007 or 2011.

Please God. Please. I honestly hope Dak gets hurt on the first snap of the playoffs, and Godhand leads the Cowboys through the playoffs ending with an absolute wrecking of the Patriots.

they are as good as anybody and arguably more complete than the rest on paper. i think anyone but the lions could come out of the nfc though. should be some great games.

afc is all steelers/pats. maybe the chiefs get through one of them but beating both would really be something else. then again the pats 14-2 is baby soft like the panther's last year. might not be nearly that good, just propped up by the all time greats doing their job every week.

pit v dal would be incredible.

meanwhile pit has very quietly won 7 straight. so i would second the hype. he's been good most every game all year. lately the rest of the team has shown up (d has had some bad bad games) and changed around him.

Dallas has a shot, but they'll be a bigger threat if they get good picks in the draft for defensive line

Romo destroying the Gnats to make up for Cabo/the 2 loses & then BTFO'ing the Hawks to make up for the botched hold would be too awesome. It becomes the greatest sports story OAT if he tops it off by beating the Pats in the OWL of a lifetime.

>godhand

you mean butterhand
youtube.com/watch?v=9yh1DyvTuDA

>godhand
his career as a starter is effectively over, and there is literally no fucking way your dream scenario happens, ever. also, way to have faith in your rookie QB who saved your season, you scumbag. With Romo you'd have been lucky to sniff .500 this season, while Dak did his job and got you to the second-best record in the league.

correct

captcha system carnot

not to mention Zeke Elliott

I think they can beat every team in the NFC and most from the AFC but if they meet up with the Patriots in the Super Bowl it's going to be a blood bath.

Belicheck is great at making rookies look like rookies and that Patriots defense is complex and confuses a lot of teams. Bill also has a tendency to destroy weak coaches and I know Garrett is having a good year but no one will ever think of him as a top level coach.

I've been following the Patriots since I was a little boy and in the Bill and Brady era there is only one type of team they consistently lose to.

-Well coached teams
-With spectacular, top-tier defenses

Think about all of the Pats notable losses over the last 15 years. Against Baltimore, the Steelers back when they had a great defense, the Giants Superbowls, the Broncos, getting murdered by the Chiefs that one time, Seattle has given them a lot of trouble since Pete Carroll came aboard and they became a top tier defensive team, heck even the early Rex Ryan Jets gave NE headaches.

That's it, that's the only type of team that beats NE. They make spectacular offenses look pedestrian and Tom Brady will move down the field on you at will if your defense isn't at their best.

The Cowboys have a great offense, great weapons but a middling defense and head coach. Belicheck will make Zeke a non-factor, Malcolm Butler will put Dez on an island and the Pats will allow the Cowboys to dink and dunk down the field until they eventually get a third down stop. Then Brady and Blount will take the field, control the clock and put up points on most every drive.

The Patriots were built to handle teams like the Cowboys.

Doesn't dispute user's point that Belichick has never played a rookie playing as well as Dak, and in fact, only strengthens the point since those rules give Dak an advantage.

Roflsburger and Wilson both beat the Pats as rookies, and by almost every measure Dak has had a better rookie season than either of them.

This is the most sickeningly overdramatic dicksucking I've ever seen on this forum, and that's saying a lot

Oh, uh sorry.
What I mean to say was

>Cowboys

better?

What would be better is if you made an argument that wasn't purely gay rhetoric.

The 2016 Pats defense is nothing like the monster you describe. By every standard metric except points per game they are above average, but nothing great. PPG is highly affected by the offense's performance, meaning, if the offense jumps out ahead, the defense can play a lot more prevent style, which tends to lead to giving up yards in exchange for limiting points. This explains why their other metrics (yards/play, 1st downs/game, 3rd down %) are more in the top 10-15, as those are indicators of a bend-but-don't-break style defense (as well as a low sack total since the Patriots blitzed the 5th fewest times this year--they tend to sit guys back in coverage).

Keep in mind that the Patriots played the easiest schedule in the league this year, so when you look at standard metrics you have to keep in mind they literally played one team all year (Steelers) that is a consensus top 10 offense, or if you wanted to stretch it, maybe you could count Buffalo. By DVOA, which adjusts for opponent quality, the Pats rank in the top 10-15 on defense, again, good but not great. Passing-wise they are ranked 23rd in DVOA.

The one thing they do have going for them is that their run defense is ranked fairly high. Again, though, keep in mind that their opponents were almost always playing from behind, which means they tended to abandon the run (Pats had 3rd fewest rushing attempts against them).

This image of Belichick's scary defense is just a carryover from the past. Typical Patriots fan gushing. Wouldn't be surprised if this guy is the one spamming all the GOAT etc threads.

Not to mention he seems to have leveled up a bit at the end of the season. That game against the Lions was awesome, he got the deep ball to Dez working and was able to open up the offense a bit.

If Romo was healthy this year we would have had the same or close to the same record. Last time he was healthy we were 12-4. He also lead the league in QB rating that year and set the NFL record for best December performance. He won the first playoff game, and played near-perfect in the next game which we would have won if Dez hadn't """dropped""" the game-winning TD pass.
Anybody who blames Romo for this teams lack of success in the past is an idiot, period.

Not to mention what? Wtf does he have to do with Dak vs Romo? Are you implying Romo wouldn't play well if he had a first-team all-pro RB on his team? That makes no sense

You can only play the schedule you're given, which based off the winning percentage of these teams from last season was 9th hardest in the league. And not only did the Patriots beat all of these teams they were supposed to beat, they ANNIHILATED them. After Brady came back there were very few points where it looked like any game was in Jeopardy.

This defense is for real and the Patriots are EASILY the most complete looking team heading in to the playoffs.