Is he the greatest song writer of this generation?

is he the greatest song writer of this generation?

He's the most innovative

No I am

He is the greatest song if this generation.

he's pretty god damn great desu. the marriage to zach and andy is a match made in heaven desu

Stop saying desu you faggot

fuck off it was an accident as a matter of fact i do not remember typing the second one.

Could someone explain me what's the deal with Death Grips? Is it just a meme or do people actually enjoy listening to that shit?

no, thom yorke is.

death grips will unironically be noticed as one of the greatest and most innovative bands of their time in 20 years.

Radiohead formed in 1985. I wouldn't include them when referencing this generation.

I FUCK THE MUSIC I MAKE IR CUM I FUCK THE MUSIC WITH MY SERPENT TONGUE HITHITHITHITHIT

And why would it happen if they're not really innovative?

it's a meme
see

they wouldn't be as popular and as memed as they are if they weren't innovative. you are being a contrarian for the sake of it if you're saying this.

>not answering the question
ok

>they wouldn't be as popular and as memed as they are if they weren't innovative.
Not really. They wouldn't be as popular if they didn't get promoted by the major label in 2012, and if there was no hype about them releasing an album with a dick on the cover for free, and then broke with the label. And I guess ride's lyrics are fairly memeable so that's why Facebook normies make so many memes. Plus Fantano whos also most likely paid. And the last one is that Zach Hill already was fairly know when death grips started, so it wasn't hard for a big label to notice them.
In other words nothing which made them popular is about music.

>accidentally dropping a "desu"
>unironically being this autistic

go outside user

they were blowing up on all music forums when exmilirary got released you fucking newfag. death grips isn't basic hip hop. they are original, abrasive, strange, and mesh multiple genres into their music that is centered around rap. they're a fresh take on the generic hip hop we've had for decades. their albums have consistent critic and user acclaim. it's not rides lyrics that get normies into them. normies can't even understand what he's saying nor would many comprehend what he's saying. it's the loud electropunk industrial sound with rides yelling rap. you don't have to enjoy them, just stop being an autist trying to jump hurdles and make excuses for the fact that others like their music.

no

whos gonna spend yur life, on Sup Forums..

>they were blowing up on all music forums when exmilirary got released you fucking newfag.
I said that Zach Hill was fairly known, can you even read?

>they are original
no. not even for mainstream (see M.I.A.)

>they're a fresh take on the generic hip hop we've had for decades.
maybe. if you're not really into music

>their albums have consistent critic and user acclaim
yeah, label made their job. now they're rich enough to do it by themselves

>normies can't even understand what he's saying nor would many comprehend what he's saying.
nice projection, normie
either way you don't need to understand a thing to enjoy it and make memes about it

>just stop being an autist trying to jump hurdles and make excuses for the fact that others like their music.
i don't mind if anyone enjoys this shit, the whole discussion is not about whether people enjoy it or not. nice strawman also

desu

>being this new

>I said that Zach Hill was fairly known
Gee, I wonder why. Could it be maybe that he's a good musician?
>nothing which made them popular is about music
Seriously, is right. You're legally retarded.

Zach Hill was known by underground listeners who actually give a shit about the band members names. That's av very niche audience, that's a shit reason and a hurdle you're trying to jump.

There obviously has been experimental loud rap. I'm not saying there hasn't. I'm not saying Death Grips started a genre, but there isn't another group or artist who has as distinct of a sound and as well thought out projects as they do. No not dalek, mia, or fucking blackie. No other experimental rap group has done it as good or consistently which is why Death Grips is popular.

They were with Epic for a short amount of time. I don't know why you think they had the power to promote them to fame. No one gives a shit about promotion if the content is shit. This is the case for everything and music is no exception. Just a shit point with nothing to back it up.

You literally said "And I guess ride's lyrics are fairly memeable so that's why Facebook normies make so many memes". Did you forget that you said that? I was saying normies can't understand him. I don't mean they don't connect with the lyrics, I'm saying you literally can't understand what ride is saying half of the time on first listens.

It's obvious to everyone that you are trying to sound contrarian to boost your ego. There's no honest way someone could be dumb enough to not think that Death Grips music is what makes them popular.

Death grips suck dick

hell be fine

no but hws good

>Zach Hill was known by underground listeners who actually give a shit about the band members names. That's av very niche audience, that's a shit reason and a hurdle you're trying to jump.
he was the most popular math rock drummer at that moment, and overrall he was popular enough to make them noticeable

>No other experimental rap group has done it as good or consistently which is why Death Grips is popular.
stop this retarded fanboy shit. they're just as garbage, you fell for their image and you think their music is any better as any other artist you named

>They were with Epic for a short amount of time. I don't know why you think they had the power to promote them to fame.
well, maybe because it's a major label you fucking brainlet

>No one gives a shit about promotion if the content is shit.
there are many shit bands signed with majors

>I don't mean they don't connect with the lyrics, I'm saying you literally can't understand what ride is saying half of the time on first listens.
speak for yourself normie

>There's no honest way someone could be dumb enough to not think that Death Grips music is what makes them popular.
believing that it's not true is just retarded, only an obsessed fan would do that
It's not music what made them popular, there were a plenty of bands and artists who approached similar sound making music just as shit, and none of them succeed (except for yeezus because kanye is basically the male beyonce) because they haven't got an image as cool as death grips have

Death Grips are good as fuck and if you're letting memes get in the way of you forming your own actual opinion then thats just sad

>all those non-arguments
>brainlet
>normie
Jesus Christ. Neck yourself.

that's not lil peep

So you basically decided to ignore my arguments by naming them 'non-arguments' because you have nothing to say against it. Very nice.
Though it's expected from someone as retarded as you are who fell for the death grips meme.

>my arguments? What arguments your entire post is literally "Zach hill had some underground fame because of being a good musician, so now the same good musician being in death grips got the band attention" and "you're a fanboy, they're garbage, they're unoriginal, and you're a meme buzzword tossed around by newfaggots". The former is counteractive to your entire position and the latter is a non-argument in every sense of the word.

>It's not music what made them popular, there were a plenty of bands and artists who approached similar sound making music just as shit
There are plenty (not really but there's a few) bands with that sound and nobody really cared about it because it wasn't all that interesting. Most notable is Black Dice or something and that basically just jerks off weird creepy sounds for 4 minutes.

Death Grips is basically a monument to the fact that you can have dark edgy music that isn't just dark and edgy for the sake of it

>because they haven't got an image as cool as death grips have
If Death Grips is "cool" it's because they're genuinely interesting and they represent an interesting paradigm of music

They're intentionally as obtuse and unappealing as possible and they explicitly go out of their way to alienate themselves from all but the most genuine of listeners. I can't describe to you how little they care about being "cool", whatever that's supposed to mean

You are a pleb in every sense of the word and you exemplify what this band is exhuming. Go make smug ambiguous platitudes about things people like on reddit, neckbeardo

it gos it gos it gos it gos GUILLTINEEEEE YUH!

Just started listening to Black Dice, I really like them

No cunt, you don't have fucking arguments. Your claim is that a bands music is not what made them popular. You're trying so fucking hard, this is embarrassing. I have made my rebuttal to all your points and you just keep rehashing them with still no logical conclusion that leads to me or anyone else to believe that a fucking bands music is NOT what made them popular. In fact one of the most unique sounding bands in modern culture. This isn't a fucking argument any person with half a brain or the slightest bit of dignity would be able to claim. Let go of your bullshit contrarian ego that everyone can see right through. People don't listen to music because their fucking label promoted them. They listen to music that they enjoy. This isn't worth arguing at this point.

What song has Rides best flow? I'd say Takyon or Hustle Bones

up my slleves mos def

fucking hustle bones man. also really like the flow on guillotine and thru the walls where he keeps getting faster each verse.

>pissy DG babbies lmfao
You're right but you should give up trying to facilitate a dialogue with these people. Death Grips is by children for children. The Beatlemania of cyberpunk larping pasty white boys.

Definitely one of my favorites, listening to that song while reading the lyrics got me hooked on DG

Hell yeah that song is nuts, constantly changing up and those drums.

>your entire post is literally "Zach hill had some underground fame because of being a good musician, so now the same good musician being in death grips got the band attention" and "you're a fanboy, they're garbage, they're unoriginal, and you're a meme buzzword tossed around by newfaggots"
yeah, so? just because you are too obsessed and deluded doesn't mean those aren't arguments

>The former is counteractive to your entire position
no, Zach Hill is not the whole Death Grips, and Death Grips is different from his other projects (including quality because it's plain garbage)

>the latter is a non-argument in every sense of the word.
it's hilarious how autitic this fanbase is. you literally make grimesfags look sane.
see what i wrote above

>There are plenty (not really but there's a few) bands with that sound and nobody really cared about it because it wasn't all that interesting.
That's what I'm saying. They haven't got an image as cool as death grips have.

>Death Grips is basically a monument to the fact that you can have dark edgy music that isn't just dark and edgy for the sake of it
just like any industrial hip-hop act

>they're genuinely interesting a
They are making the same garbage as some people before them, it's their aesthetic makes them look """interesting""" and """better"""

>I can't describe to you how little they care about being "cool"
they care about it the most. all the shit they're appearing in media with except their releases (the latter is minority at this point) is about how they did something weird or "punk". the whole project is mostly about how you represent yourself

>You are a pleb in every sense of the word
this came from a deathgripsfag lmao

Not going to waste my time here anymore. It's literally the worst idea to talk to obsessed autists.

>still not making arguments
>still just claiming statements with no logical explanation of how the band isn't popular from their music

>Not going to waste my time here anymore. It's literally the worst idea to talk to obsessed autists.

Further confirming your own autism by not deciding this after your first post

Also it's not even like there is any obsession going on in this thread, just some meme spouting and a dash or regular discussion by people who actually enjoy Death Grips.

>empty statements like "you're a fanboy, they're garbage, they're unoriginal, and you're a meme buzzword tossed around by newfaggots" without any argumentation to back them up whatsoever
>arguments
You need to take a break from the internet, this place is giving you genuine brain rot.

>That's what I'm saying. They haven't got an image as cool as death grips have.
You're missing the point. Death Grips only became "cool" after 5 straight years of never giving a fuck, doing their own thing and explicitly going out of their way to look cringeworthy and piss off their fans

That's what made them cool

>just like any industrial hip-hop act
No. Anyone can be loud and obnoxious, it's really easy

What's much more difficult (there's very few people that can do it) is doing that in a way that's interesting and using that paradigm to your advantage

>They are making the same garbage as some people before them
Who? What?

You're talking out your ass. This is one of the most unique bands that has ever existed

There's a grand total of like 3 bands that sound like this and they're just vaguely on the same coin. Closest thing I can think of is like Tobacco or Black Dice

>they care about it the most. all the shit they're appearing in media with except their releases (the latter is minority at this point) is about how they did something weird or "punk". the whole project is mostly about how you represent yourself
Is this bait? You don't know anything about this band

They have 2 interviews. One of them was after they forcibly detached themselves from Epic Records and the second one zach just sits there and

You know what? Get the fuck out of my car