Should I join the National Guards? I'm running out of options to find work and keep job and have a meaningful life

Should I join the National Guards? I'm running out of options to find work and keep job and have a meaningful life.

I'm concerned they won't take me, I'm 22yo Bipolar and ADHD, I take meds for Bipolar and it's managed but haven't been on meds for ADHD in over 2 years. I'm also probably slightly overweight, 6'2 but I think I'm under 300lb, but I'm having loads of other problems bad teeth and some weird hip/leg problem that has hindered me.

I also have an interview for SSID in the morning to try to get better help, the SSI would be great supplemental income for living but I really want also the added healthcare benefits, but applying for SSID takes weeks/months and possible re-applying to get through. I don't smoke tobacco, use drugs and I very rarely drink but I just want to help pay bills and get some money to go back to school and find meaning.

Any tips/advice?

browse

trade school. 6-8 months of school and youll have a career. i when for plumbing. im making 73k a year. its worth it

I'm pretty sure the military won't take you if you're on any drugs for brain issues. They wouldn't accept me into the army because I took a tiny Zoloft pill. 50 mg. They have an absolute zero tolerance policy for those kinds of drugs. Say it makes you a liability. So yeah, you're probably SOL, but talk to your recruiter.

They won't take you if you are bipolar. If you lie on your records and they find out, they'll immediately kick you out. They're trying to standardize medical records and make it easier to cross check with backgrounds for people like you that become a huge liability and aren't worth depending on in stressful situations.

I was just turned down from the guard because I'm on antidepressants. I'm in a similar situation as you and it sucks man. I'm thinking about just checking out.

I wouldn't recommend that personally , but it's very frustrating to be in that situation.

With everything you listed, almost certainly not. And if you try to hide it they can charge you with fraudulent enlistment.

No. First off, like other anons have said, they won't accept you if they know about your ADHD and bipolar. Secondly, if you hard quit those medications to try to hide it things aren't going to go great for you. Basic is an extremely stressful environment, if you can't function day to day without meds you're not going to wing 10 weeks of ultra stress.

No military service should take someone who is bipolar. And I say that as someone that is Bipolar. We have no place in the military or police. No place whatsoever.

>I'm 22yo Bipolar and ADHD, I take meds for Bipolar and it's managed but haven't been on meds for ADHD in over 2 years

You are almost guaranteed to not get accepted.

Can we just appreciate the body in OP's photo for a moment or two?

Its very frustrating, I had to turn down a job interview today for a job I applied today that my mom recommended to me because the interview was an hour hour away even though the job was here in my city.

I saw National Guard post on indeed, I really want to go back to work but I know I'm dealing with a lot of problems mentally/physically atm, I've applied for dozens of jobs this past month and only got 3 interviews but none have called back.

I'm also nervous about the SSID interview in the morning, it's a phone interview and I would really like to get it , it would reduce a lot of stress knowing I could pay bills and buy food and feel I contribute to the house, and I could save money to go back to school, basically pay for classes at a community college, cuz I kinda fucked up there a while back with Pell Grants smh.

Lots of stress at the moment.

>a lot of problems mentally/physically

The military is not interested in you. Go to a trade school and get an apprenticeship.

Fellow plumber here.
Getting a trade is a good idea. Job satisfaction in working with your hands, have a practical real world skill that will always be in demand, I've lived in 3 different countries and easily found a job because of it, it's quite labour intensive so it's a good way to supplement gym/staying in shape in general, and as user said - pretty good money if you're willing to see the apprenticeship and training through.

It was never my dream job, but I appreciate the fuck out of it now.

>slightly overweight
>300lb

>I'm 22yo Bipolar and ADHD
no. i had a guy in basic that was diagnosed bipolar, asbergers, and adhd going for ng. he was fucking useless. go kicked out in basic.

I second this.
>but I think I'm under 300lb
Weigh yourself you autistic sperg. I'm like 6'3" at 230 pounds and I'm pretty sure I wouldn't make it through the physical training for the national guard. Unless you are a fucking bodybuilder or some shit, most of that weight is fat rather than muscle. I doubt that though as you said you are hindered. Post pic of body and we will judge, but like I said, post on /fit/.

I think I'm under 300, I don't weigh myself often though. I do need to workout though, and is a goal I have.

I'm tall though

Like any other basic bitch dude.

Go active it's a party

>tall
i'm 6'9
120 kg
overweight

you, you're short and fat

As a member of the National Guard, they prolly won't take you if you need meds for bipolar that you can't properly function without and hip problems are a big no go, ruck marches arw a thing

The National Guard is a part of the army, so you do army basic and army Physical Fitness Tests and all the otger training. Its not particularly easier than just going active duty.

join uss :3

Maybe you're right.
Still tho...goddamn

My countries military's recruiter would even laugh at him.
>bipolar
>adhd
>drugs
>overweight
>hip/leg problem

Only one (1) of these would be enough to decline him.

OP this is me to give you an idea. I'm pretty sure I'm 6'3", might be 6'2". This was probably around 232 pounds.

>6'3"
>short
You have obviously never been on /fit/. Also, I know I am fat, that's why I'm telling OP that he probably isn't capable of doing it physically. Technically, I am not obese anymore, just overweight.

If you are bipolar and have ADHD you will get dq'd.
Also for the love of GOD do not join the service if you are mentally fucked

>trade school
absolutely do this fa.m,
adhd would even be useful for trading.

Oh fuck, disregard Thought you were replying to me.

This 100000% . My recruiter wouldnt give him more than 5 minutes.

yeah im not actually a time traveller

They won't take you

> running out of options to find work and keep job and have a meaningful life.

Bullshit. You're super young and have plenty of time.

You need to drop your preconceived notions about how your life should go.

>I'm also nervous about the SSID interview in the morning, it's a phone interview and I would really like to get it

You're not gonna get it, mainly because you're not eligible. You have to have worked full time for five years,so unless you were putting in 40 hours a week in high school whoever told you that you were eligible is a moron.Also it's SSDI not SSID.

There is a technical college/school in my area that my mom wants to look into.

I don't even know what trade would be ideal for me. Also I feel if I want progress further in my life I need to go back on meds for ADHD.

My old doctor, who was my new doctor back then took me off of them because I admitted to cannabis use, I haven't touched drugs in over a year now. That doctor was an asshole, he was a South Asian Conservative dude.

I have a med management apt next week with new doctor I haven't met, and I want to bring up going back on Meds for ADHD, I think it's one of the main reasons I haven't been able to hold a job or stay organized for two years now.

I really want to lean a skill though.

My therapist and case manager recommend I applied, my therapist says she has clients my age who applied and got it.

I have the interview tmr morning and will appeal if they deny.

Hahahaha good luck passing the PT test

31 push-ups within 2 mins
43 sit ups within 2 mins
2 mile run in 17:30

That only for basic training... when you get into AIT you will have to do even better to pass. Could always recycle if you didn't pass the first time lol.

Its okay man, you'll figure things out. The NG just isn't where thats going to happen. You can take comfort in the fact though that unless you went active duty and made it a career, you'll make A LOT more money civilian side with a lot less bullshit. Go back to community college, go to a trade school, get some skills and start making money. I know its easier said than done, but this user believes in you. Goodluck man.

Lol, is that really the NG minimum standard?
Disgusting.

What fucking age group is that? My age group is fucking 43 pushups, 52 Situps and 15:54 2 mile

the 31 push ups in 2 min seem like the real problem though

the sit ups and 2 mile run seems doable for the average citizen with a bit of training

>asking your mother about things

That's the first mistake, like get your shit together my g.
>I don't even know what trade would be ideal.
than type google.com in the address bar of your browser and find it out (alternatively visit /biz/)
>cannabis use
It's like you want to have a shit life.

They won't take you.

The NG standards are the exact same as Army standard

I bet youre one of the dumb fucks who thinks they have a different BCT too

what are you talking about? trump is president! there are not job problems anymore!

Get a real job

The national guard won't take you. Nevermind the weight, or your hip problem. It's your bi-polar medication that will disqualify you. The service has more people willing to enter than positions that need filling these days. So you will be filtered out the first round.

I would suggest finding a career in some office environment.

Push ups and situps are easy to get up. In basic I started at doing 21 pushups to doing 48 in 2 minutes and at the end of AIT i could max pushups (71 in 2 minutes). You can get to do about 50 pushups in 2 weeks worth of working on pushups. The run is what will get you as you can't really just work on running too much

Army standards are the same as Army national guard. He'll be training with activate duty. Thats the standard for basic training so more people can pass with a 60%. However when he gets to AIT he'll have to pass with a 70%. Maybe its 50-60 i don't recall i never have trouble passing so i don't care to remember

They were talking about SSI.There is zero chance you're eligible for SSDI and, even if you were, you don't get it from a phone interview. In fact you never talk to an examiner in person at all. You fill out a ton of forms, they request doctor's records or send you to a doctor, and eventually make a determination in 3 to 12 months.

SSI does do phone interviews, so that's what it's going to be, at least assuming you're not a moron too and only have an inquiry time scheduled with the local Social Security office where they'll tell you how to apply. All they're going to do tomorrow is as you a bunch of questions about your condition and iit off to be reviewed for months. You will absolutely not be getting a decision tomorrow. When you do It will almost certainly be denied since you're not in treatment and appear to have done nothing to prepare for the interview..

Are these really the american standards ?
Here you'll get a two days of actual hell before they sign your papers.

Standards for basic training. Not for the rest of the army.

Yeah, I'm a drill sergeant, I've kicked out about 6 gorillion fucks with prior injuries to entry. You are medically unqualified for service. Your stupid bitch ass recruiter is gonna convince you to lie about your genetic weakness. You WILL get injured in basic, it WILL come out that you lied, and you WILL get nailed with some fraudulent enlistment action. Go try the fucking navy or some shit you disabled fag.

i have no idea about all of that, but to me as a layman that seems sufficient?

I mean those are not special forces and it's an indicator of ok fitness in my book.
More would be overkill in my opinion.

Watches at $ 0 why?

Where is here?

NG applicant here, just got out of MEPS this morning.

Quoting AR 40-501, the Army Regulations for Standards of Medical Fitness for enlistment, 2-27, "d. Current mood disorders including, but not limited to, major depression (296.2–3), bipolar (296.4–7), affective
psychoses (296.8–9), depressive not otherwise specified (311), do not meet the standard."

Stop disrespecting my Army with that swine talk.

Fuck off OP, we're fucking full. Don't need any more hanicapable fat fucks making us look even gayer than we are

My guess is the hip pain/weight are connected...

Sorry guys, that was in the 80'. Back then you had to service two years, but if you want to really join the military you had to go for this 2 day fun ride.

Just checked it now,
72 push-up in 2 minutes
72 sit-up in 2 minutes
2 miles in 12 minutes

It's Hungary btw

>72 push-up in 2 minutes
>72 sit-up in 2 minutes

that would be more than one per minute

not gonna take you with the mental history, sorry dude.

The same with me but I am a carpenter. My hs friends that went to college are making less money and have a huge debt. Best choice in my life.

It's in fact more than one per a minute, a lot more.

damn

seems like you only get to do

>54 push-ups
>68 sit ups
>2 mile in 15:42

If you are a woman. Time to get an operation ?

Plus I forgot mention that there is swimming (200 meters in 5 minutes, 15 meter under water), pull ups (16), 5 km run with full gear in 32 minutes.

>More than one per minute
>More than
> one
>per
>minute

I would hope so

You won't get intovtge military...you are a wreck...go work at walmart

That's to max big guy. Any even those.numbers are wrong