Give me one valid reason why these films are bad

Give me one valid reason why these films are bad

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iRMK2-XaChQ
youtube.com/watch?v=l6jKffsx4l8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I can't because they are not bad. In fact, they are really a lot of fun to watch. They just aren't quite as stellar as the first one.

they're the only two unpopular movies that Sup Forums doesn't love out of contrarianism, so they must be REALLY bad... or REALLY good

because reddit said so

The script is 1st year film student tier

>it's fun, just turn your brain off bro XDD
>You don't hate fun do you? :o

Jesus chrisy fuck off back to redd it.

That terrible sex scene with trinity.

>expect a conclusion
>get two "to be continued"
trinity looked like spinal

I think everything was fine until Neo develops magic powers

alternatively they are still in the matrix

Revolutions is bad, but Reloaded is better than the first movie.

Well I could give a million reasons why, but the creators themselves have basically admitted they intended the first movie to be a standalone story with no continuation and the only reason these lackluster sequels exist is pressure from the studio.

The animatrix was ok though.

>Reloaded is better than the first movie.

Nah

It does have the best action scene in the trilogy though

niggers

Forgot link

youtube.com/watch?v=iRMK2-XaChQ

only people who like the sequels love video games because that's essentially what they were. not necessarily a bad thing however because as they say ignorance is bliss.

The highway chase scene and the chateau fight are both amazing and really made the movie an experience.

Reloaded was as good as the first movie for me. Third was apeshit

I like Reloaded. It went to shit with Revolutions IMO. That whole Agent Smith/Bane subplot and all that Mech shit. Plus Morpheus is basically a bystander in the third film. Should've had him sacrifice himself or something, it's fucking weird watching him cower under tables waiting for Zion to be destroyed when he was such a badass in the first film.

plebs hated when neo died. sad ending =/= bad ending

>they intended the first movie to be a standalone story

No. They wanted to make a sequel and a prequel, and the studios made them make 2 sequels.

I've never met anyone who said this was the reason they disliked these ever. In fact its probably the only reasons I'd give the films any credit they were willing to take a risk with a mildly sad ending which is more than I can say for most.

If they wanted a prequel they were dumber than I thought and that is saying a lot, but I heard otherwise anyway.

wow bro the second one is awful. We can argue about Revolutions which is decent. Both are pretty bad compared to first

cartoonish looking cgi... odd sound effects during the fight scenes like bowling pins crashing or dominoes falling during the burly brawl

The first one was so much fun to watch because you got to piece it all together as it went along and everything made sense in context.

The other two were just fantasy bullshit that occasionally dropped a bunch of cryptic nonsense and pretended it was profound.

>2016
>watching fan-fiction movies

Reddit pls go

Reload was fine, if alittle heavy handed when the Architect was introduced. Having the plot expand and bringing to life the "System of the Matrix" worked well when it was the French Guy explaining everything.

Revolution was just too much like a Cut-and-Paste Action movie that had bad CGI, an anti-climatic final fight, and the struggle between Smith and the Machines was not made clear enough.

oh yes, never understood the architect scene at the end of Reloaded, and it must be one of the only ones I never understood amongst all the movies I saw

They are good.
Just worse than the original.

these two were great, the first one was shit

Things the sequels did that are bad:

-Link
-Link's wife's drama regarding the ship (apparently they're supposed to regularly dock at zion, which was not done in the first at all)
-by the way, Tank's dead
-link's wife fighting the machines
-Annoying Kid from animatrix
-huge fucking rave / orgy scene, including morpheus' speech
-dumbass mechs
-Zion politics
-Bullshit explanation regarding free will (not that the original was immune from this type of pseudo-philosophy, but it gets worse in the sequels)
-stupid ass indian-programs talking about love and having kids
-agent smith can now fly
-morpheus fights an agent competently (compare to him getting his ass kicked by smith in the 1st)
-there's 6 billion agent smiths, but it still boils down to 1 on 1
-the machines have a city apparently
-there's a machine king, and it can take the form of a human face and communicate
-BANE??????
-niobe / locke / morpheus love triangle
-niobe's one liners "This ship's got a fat ass!"
-Basically all of the comic relief attempts
-oh god why am I still typing

Oh hi redit :')

>posting the wrong link

Let me fix that for you:

youtube.com/watch?v=l6jKffsx4l8

mfw when my friends and I made a major Matrix parody movie after watching the trilogy. Good times.

>what is greentext
Hello newfriend

>implying greentext isn't only for quoting and implications

No, they wanted it to be stand alone. Then the studio wanted more movies, so they pitched prequel and sequel. Then the studio rejected the prequel idea and stretched their ONE sequel over two movies.

Neo potentially sacrifices humanity in the of love to save Trinity.

Bitch fucking dies an hour later.

I'm also expected to give a fuck about the battle at Zion featuring loads of characters I don't know.

Great writing.

The dialogue

hes not quoting anyone

>neo knocks out a bunch of sentinels
>TO BE CONTINUED
shit this totally means that zion is still the matrix or neo never left the matrix at some point or something ohshitohshit

>neo, you have literal magic powers
>you need to use your magic powers to go to the machine city
>so you can go into the matrix and fight smith
please stop
>but not actually win, because its an equation you have to balance
larry pls
>this will save zion from being destroyed by the extremely slow and aimless machine army
you're not going to stop
>so when you not-win against smith, there will be peace between machines and humans and the little indian girl can make sunrises and sunsets to symbolize peace
[despair]

She symbolized rebirth right? Like an extension of Buddhism where one is reborn until they reach enlightenment?

But if One already balanced the equation, as you so rightfully and elloquently put it, then indian girl serves no purpose....right?

I mean, if we are going off the movie's logic, he ended the perpetual cycle even though it seemed like something that should have already been figured out by both sides (machine and humans), yet took 7 other "Ones" before One showed up and was like "Oh....derr"

The only justification for the little indian girl's existence I can ever figure is a perfectly literal one. The indian programs fucked (or combined code or some other idiot analogue) had a kid, the kid's only purpose was pretty sunrises and sunsets, so that means she had no purpose in either the matrix or the machine city, unless peace happened.

so thanks for sacrificing yourself neo, all you really did was give a little indian girl program a reason to make pretty skyboxes.

The Seraph fight was the moment I realized the sequels were going downhill hard. It was literally a videogame "we need to test the hero's worthiness even though we already tested it in the previous installment" excuse to add one more fight scene because otherwise the pacing of the movie would be fucking unbearable.

What did He mean by this?

>The animatrix was ok though.
>just "ok"

son the animatrix was great

Directed by women

Because they aren't ripoffs of work by Grant Morrison and are instead original Wachowski creations.

>I'm also expected to give a fuck about the battle at Zion featuring loads of characters I don't know.

I know right ? Why SHOULD we give a fuck about humanity's last stand ?

Neo is a program that is the sum of an error in the matrix. He is basically the ''crash'' the program experiences every hundred years. There have been a few crashes- a few Neos. Each Neo went to the Architect at some point and they realized the truth of the Matrix. ALL of the previous ones chose 100 humans to be freed and rebuild Zion instead of their love interest. But this one chose Trinity and saved the world.

Wait, wut? She was the sunrise/sunset program? Man,...that one went in over my head, what with the constant in your face shoving of religious analogies. See I always thought she was the next One, since Seraph is there trying to protect her and all the other prodigy kids were just fake ass magicians.

Go figure, the more you know. Thanks for the clarification. Before I felt/thought she had a deeper meaning but never could pull it together cuz One basically brought zen to both parties, machine and humans alike. Now that I know she was a useless program I think it makes the movie worse in my eyes now. (And before you ask, I figured the two hijab programs just reprogramed one of the kids in the goo pods and made an avatar of her to stroll around with mom and pop hijab in the matrix)

They took two films to tell the same precise story as the first film, and they didn't tell it as well.

The ending of the Matrix is identical to the ending of the Matrix Revolutions.

There were some questionable casting choices.

Also the fact that Wachowskis put too much of oriental philosophy in there, making it kinda "unfit" for western audiences.

First one was pretty simple, machines made humans their Duracell batteries.

Second one got 2deep4u with Colonel Sanders. Seriously, how many people got his speech first time in the theater?

Third one ended with a Dragonball Z fight but it was nothing special to one who grew up with it.

the philosophy wasn't the problem. "I know Kung Fu" (4U) was basically a nod to chinese martial arts movies liek the Shaw Brothers n shit. The first movie gave it a really good try but you could see the western approach to the fight scenes. It was more obvious in the later films and not executed very well. Too much Hollywood wire work and laughable CGI out of nowhere in the middle of fights. Mediocre

>Second one got 2deep4u with Colonel Sanders. Seriously, how many people got his speech first time in the theater?

Yeah, but the last five minutes of Matrix Reloaded were the best five minutes in the whole franchise. I mean the teaser for Matrix Revolutions. 9/10.

>Seriously, how many people got his speech first time in the theater?
Only retards missed what Col. Sanders was saying to One. It was literal Ex Machina exposition. What's that thing Sup Forums always throws around?

>Show, not tell
This movie told, told hard.

It was a single giant script that desperately needed a rewrite or at least some edits from a competent screenwriter. They took this giant script, chopped it in half and shot and edited the whole mess in one long development process and released each part a few months apart. This is why reloaded lacks a real climax and why revolutions feels like a 2 hour long 3rd act.

The problem with the sequels is that the Matrix is far less threatening once Neo has full control over his powers. In the first one, the odds were heavily stacked against the humans. Think of how huge a threat Agent Smith was.

Once the humans have Computer Jesus on their side, a whole army of Smiths isn't even a big deal. Remember that one fight against all the Smiths outside that apartment building? Neo easily fights them off for a few minutes until he gets bored and just flies away. The only real threat was in the real world, but even that was ruined once Neo managed to use his Jesus powers in the real world to stop those machines (the dumbest thing in the trilogy imo).

It's for lists and stories also, other newfriend.

because ghosts, vampires and other shit like that...although it makes sense...still, it tears the wall

>yfw Smith is the One

It wasn't Jesus powers, he just had wifi access to the machine code, the movies do such a hilariously inept job of explaining this shit that people think there is a 2nd level to the matrix.

The wachowski's are decent directors, they fucking suck as writers. The original matrix was a fluke.

What the fuck happened to Neo. :(

>the movies do such a hilariously inept job of explaining this shit that people think there is a 2nd level to the matrix.
Wait, what are you saying? When he microwaved those squids he was clearly out of the matrix and in the real world. thus the other guys comment about the directors giving him Jesus powers outside the Matrix is still valid in that it was fucking stupid.

They suck at making films as a job. They are good at making films they want to make.

They were genuinely told to split the story of the sequel into two films, and it suffered for it. The studio didn't want a sequel without Keanu in it, if they hadn't interfered, we'd have seen the story of Morpheus, Trinity, Cypher, and the others in the first sequel.

The cliffhanger.

When I saw the second movie in theaters and the "to be concluded" came up shoes were thrown.

>When he microwaved those squids he was clearly out of the matrix and in the real world.

Who told you that?

The Zion stuff was really terrible. They added all of these extra elements to the story at once and made the sequels very different kinds of movies than the first Matrix was.

It's basically the same issue that every big hit has when they go to make sequels. The filmmakers get too much creative control, they get self indulgent and overconfident, and they don't get edited properly. Then you end up with shit like Neo and Trinity boning while people rave dance in some weird cavern temple place.

Are you telling me you have reason to believe otherwise? Am I missing something here?

Why did Neo fist fight with people when he could just explode them?

In this case your criticism is wrong, the studio messed up the sequels.

If the film-makers had the level of creative control you think they did, one of the sequels would have been a live-action Animatrix.

He could do magic. Magic isn't into real.

>They are good at making films they want to make.
I watched Jupiter Ascending and let me tell you that this is bullshit.

>It wasn't Jesus powers, he just had wifi access to the machine code
What? I don't understand.

From the Wikipedia plot summary for Reloaded:
>Neo displays a new ability to disable the machines with his thoughts, but falls into a coma from the effort.

Was this ever explained in Revolutions? There's also this in the plot summary for Revolutions, which sounds like it took place in the real world:
>Bane cauterizes Neo's eyes with a power cable, blinding him; however, Neo discovers an ability to perceive the world as golden light.

Sounds like Jesus powers to me.

I just assumed since so many generations of humans had passed that maybe the machines achieved a higher form of human development. He was the remainder in the large equation after all, maybe that meant he was one of the few humans to evolove into using telekenisis or other such trickery

i fapped to that heaps as a kid

it was pretty cool in reloaded when he used his powers in the real world at the end

or maybe the "real world" is just upper layer of ANOTHER simulation

You ever tried having sex with someone whilst laying down on your side? It's fucking difficult.

>You ever tried having sex
stopped reading there.

No no no nooooooooooooooo noo no

He got jacked off at Big Machinehead City back into the Matrix

JAcked In, IN, I mean IN

>Jupiter Ascending

Damn it. You're right.

Still, the sequels sucking should not be on the Wachowskis. They had a completely different plan. Maybe it would have sucked, but the way's the sequels DID suck is down to the studio.

No, he's just the first 'One' to figure out the Real World is also a simulation. It's the one point of subtlety in the sequels.

It is.

it's based on fights, and the fights are stupid instead of cool.
it's not hard to make a cool fight, but it's easy to fuck up special effect fights

did they ever come to that realization in the 3rd movie? I barely remember anything from that movie.

It was a ham-fisted Jesus allegory but the reason why he can see and interact with machines and programs in the real world is because he interacted with the machine AI source code by visiting the architect. That's why the machines show up for him, he's sensing them and scan interact with them. He can't do the same with people.

You see the sun when they fly upwards for fucks sake. There is no subtlety, they were in the 'REAL' world when he zap fried those takoyaki

quit calling it "wojak", it was never wojak

They never spelled it out, because Neo never told anyone, and the Architect and the Oracle didn't discuss it.

But I'm certain it's what the authors intended.

Never heard anyone say this.

You missed the part at the end where nuracle looks at the little indian girl and asks if she did that, and the little girl smiles and nods?

>-niobe's one liners "This ship's got a fat ass!"
To be fair, the first one had some pretty terrible ones.
>It means buckle up, Dorothy, because kansas is going bye bye..!

Yes. Neo realizes he can make the Matrix a better place. It's not about release, he doesn't even know what the Real World is like, but he finds out. The audience just doesn't get to see.

I think the name "Wojak" came from KC, where he may have originated.

what his name then, feels guy? No, his name is Wojak

>Our way, or the highway

Only Hugo Weaving is able to competently deliver lines of such cheese

It's never been "wojak" and never will be.

It was known as Wojak because it was popularized by a guy from KC known as Wojak. That is its name.

Architect sucked. Literally exposition: the character

what are you some kinda meme master? what is it then?