So what helps you avoid the fear or your own Inevitable death?

So what helps you avoid the fear or your own Inevitable death?

I just drink and absorb myself in pop culture to forget about it. Scares the hell out of me.

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s0taw12klo1I
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I accept Jesus Christ as my lord and savior.

Let not your heart be troubled; believe in God, believe also in Me. 2 "In My Father's house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you. 3 "And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you to Myself; that where I am, {there} you may be also. 4 "And you know the way where I am going." 5 Thomas *said to Him, "Lord, we do not know where You are going, how do we know the way?" 6 Jesus *said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father, but through Me" (John 14:1-6).

Honestly I'm not too scared right now, though it's probably because I'm not near death.

That and death is just finally finding the answer to life's greatest question; what comes after.

We all think it's nothing but you never know.

I think it is a pit of eternal darkness and silence. I think about it when suicidal, mostly avoid it since I know how many people care about me.

Why fear the inevitable just enjoy the ride

Well shit that is my favorite booze. How about that.

This guy gets it, ain't no reason to get in a hurry.Just pick something you like and do it for 30 odd years.

I wish i died young

you're hardly existing as it is, why fear the next step

Work in an ER for a couple of years. Trust me user there are much much worse things than dying.

Pussy

Avoiding the fear of death is stupid. We will die one day, we cant change anything about it. If you think about it all the time it wont get you anywhere
Its just like it is man

So, did you ask to be born? Who cares if you die. Death is just a road that takes us all home. Also, embrace it. Dont fear it

vocaroo.com/i/s0taw12klo1I

Smoke some DMT dude, it's the chemical that is released from the pineal gland upon death. It's why people say "they saw the light". When you experience for yourself what happens right before death, you won't be so scared because it will be less unknown.

Also, you just gotta accept it man. You can't run from it, and you can't hide from it. It's coming for you, but it's not just you, so don't feel alone in your fear. If you are scared of death, make the best of life. In the words of some faggot whose name escapes me "Don't kill time, because time is slowly killing you."

just knowing that im not the only one who has to go through it, everyone that ever was, is, and will be is gonna die. there is some comfort in that for me, strength in numbers i suppose. and the knowledge that we will someday be gone makes what we do matter, without death life would painfully dull

Wellp you got a few options

You can go the religious crutch rout like and pretended to know what the universe and reality is.

You can keep drinking yourself retarded out of fear, until you have so many issues dying isn't so bad.

You can accept humans don't know what the fuck is going on.

You can be the best person you possibly can without crutches or fear of the unknown, and help humanity try to figure out wtf is actually going on.

You can do DMT, and see if that helps I guess.

There are your options OP, have fun.

Honestly, just accepting the fact that we all will die is enough to relieve worrying. Didn't have a good date with that person? It doesn't matter cause soon enough everything will be gone. Worried that your life is going bad, then make it better. Life may end with death but we can control our lives. So go out and live, because soon enough we won't be able too.

I keep my body healthy for the inevitable lab-grown organs that will make me immortal

I bet you're a riot at parties op.
You probably should do drugs either.
If you die then really... who cares.
You don't even know what that means for your consciousness.
You are just along for the ride idiot.
Enjoy it while it's here and try not to fuck it up too much.

>DMT
Spot me some Sup Forumsro?

I grew up

i eat doritos(TM) brand chips wihile i drink my mountain dew game fuel (TM)

Anons you should definitely fear injury or illness not death. Think brain tumor or metastatic skin cancer. Those patients die weak and pathetic begging for hope. Almost all would suck your asshole for 1 day of health.

>what helps you avoid the fear or your own inevitable death
Like most problems, I don't usually deal with it until it's right at my doorstep, hopefully by then I'll just die quickly.

Bullshit that it is released when we die. Just another rumour. Back up your shit with scientofic data.

I contemplate on the universe a lot.

I'm thinking you die, an eternity passes by without your consern, during an eternity everything that could possibly happen happens, where I'm kinda hoping one of those things that happen somehow involves me at some point down the road.

Perhaps our universe starts its journey all over again with the exact same configuration as last time it led to me being born.

Wizards don't die they ascend.

atheist daddy issues detected

I just accept that there is a possibility of something after, but in the worst case scenario we just cease to exist/feel/think once dead. As if we never were to begin with.
So the way I see it, if we lucked out so well that we managed to be born into this world and experience happy and sad things, then it's my decision to live my life the way I want to and stay true to who I am on the path to who and where I want to be.
If the only time you will ever have is really just the amount of time you manage to keep your body functioning, then do it the way you want, or else you just waste it. Dont live your life trying to be perfect for a deity or others to be happy with you, live your life for you, and if religion and other people's expectations mend in with that then so be it

With citation. Have fun tripping dick when you die.

Greentext?

Oh, I'm agnostic, atheist means you don't believe in an architect. I have no idea wtf this universe is, and neither do you. Anyone that says they do is a liar.

Dad was catholic

>Just another rumour. Back up your shit with scientofic data.
You ask for it but don't back your statement up?
Go back to your tumblr and blurt out whatever liberal retard shit enters your mind.

you've inspired me to follow my dreams of molesting children

The pineal gland releases the ingredients which when metabolized converts to DMT.

This happens all the time in tiny amounts, but more so during dreaming and death.

No one is afraid they didn't exist for billions of years, only that they will cease to exist for billions of years

Personally I believe in Existenionalism

Nothing matters, you don't matter, so take out your frustration of being a meaningless being by imparting your own reason to reality, only worry what you can do to add to the happiness of yourself and others.

works for me anyways.
I used to be a nihalist but this is a much nicer alternative. Almost like I'm spitting in the face of the Absurdity of the universe.

Read up on Soren Kierkegaard if you're curious

The citation just says it is found in mammals, which is true. But nothing on its release when dying. Just that they 'suspect' it.

I am old. My younger son might be sad for a day or two, but I don't have anything left to prove to anyone. I will leave the world without causes anyone to fuss or notice.

This

>Not Sartre's existentialism

Well do more research faggot, I'm not gonna spoon feed you.

If you don't suffer any accidents and stay at least somewhat healthy, you'll probably live to 120. In the next 30 or 50 years immortality will be possible, but likely horrendously expensive. Although, it's reasonable to assume the price of this sort of medication or bio-engineering would slowly go down. It's quite possible by time you're 100 or 110, it could be available to the middle-class. After that, provided you don't encounter a gruesome demise, further bio-technologies, such as nanobots or maybe cybernetics, may allow your supple human form to perform miraculous inhuman feats, and become quite possibly indestructible. At this point, I find it unlikely that anything short of the end of the universe could kill you.
Tl;dr, I have a decent faith that if you're of above-average income and stay reasonably healthy, plus avoid tragic accidents for the next 100 years, you will live for millions of years.

There is "The Game"

Life is a simulated existence for learning on Tygon and we process 70years in this world where our bodies only pass by a mear two weeks on Tygon and we are all just children there when we wake up out of the simulation...

Why did the reptilians send us Hillary?

I used to fear it but as I got older I started to welcome it.

I'm only 26 but I don't give a fuck anymore.

maybe the same thing will happen with you

>rick and morty fan
>le epic nihilist DAE just not care just like me?? xD
kill yourself already nigger

I take bits from every philosophy and build my own
works better for me in my situation of mental instability
(Type II Bipolar disorder)

Same here, im 23 and i dont care if i die today or tomorrow. No fear

What? I'm talking about the book by Terry Scott

Your talking about the backward speaking and Peggy right... I know all

I don't get why any of those statements you made are bad things?

Rick and morty is a good show and
Everyone is at least a little afraid of death.
unless you're thumping muh bibbel

Yeah, so do I.
Read any camus?

I am happy for you that you know you're agnostic, i mean alot of beanpotatoes out there that talk themselves up as an atheist. You find out 30 seconds later that they're really agnostics, then you get to explain the whole is it a pepsi or a cola ordeal to ' em, love that part. What i cannot deal with however are people who deny any kind of possibility that there maybe a god/architect/deity whatever you wanna call it. My parents brought me up a believer and i still struggle with the implications of it and i think my life will have a theme about finding out what really matters and/or how to deal with dying. Doing better than i used to tho, used to be hella scared but then again i'm not the best person i could be anymore. Peace.

Terry Schott

Yeah actually, I'm a pretty big fan

Bit of a long one here, but I've been terrified of death since I was like 7. I legit remember the time I over thought it and freaked. It comes back every now and then but I really struggled to see some light. I understand it's healthy to have some fear but if I had some iota of hope or something towards death I think I'd manage it better. IM FUCKING 23. Knowing that dmt just floods your brain on death which means there's no afterlife got me down good. Please show me some hope

31 the startup I work for just IPO'd, fuck dying right now. I still need to have a ffm on a private jet.

Living is the hard part you fucking pussy.

>So what helps you avoid the fear or your own Inevitable death?
Eating store-bought cookie dough.
It soothes the fear of death, yet courts it, all at the same time.

>rick posting
kill yourself

Feel it, I'm definitely think something probably consciously created the universe, shit it could have been us and we're the same conscious living different lives. But I've been around a while, and I've realized people don't know as much as they pretend to.

I truthfully think we don't know shit about reality, and maybe it's supposed to be that way. Maybe we're here to re-experience, because it feels awesome. Like when you were born, everything was fucking new and awesome. Maybe shit gets old and boring the longer you live and you need a reset?

Regardless, I admit not knowing, and I don't think anyone else does either, even if they pretend or truly believe they do.

I used to be an athiest, grew up christian, but I started thinking critically of it, then I got sent to a bible school and really found a lot of holes that I couldn't ignore. then I tried to kill myself ( depression / bipolar shit ) and the gun jammed. Probably for the best since it was a .22 and I probably would have fucked it up and ended up being a vegetable

Life has only gotten worse, but I wonder if there is a greater power that kept that from happening

anyways that made me agnostic

The journey sometimes beats the destination. You can't always look from point a to point b and feel satisfied. But if you look at everything in between, there's a lot more there. Deaths inevitable, but life's a journey. Make the best of that journey, cause we only get to explore it once.

I believe in God.

"Where O Death is Your Victory?

(Isaiah 57:1-2)
50Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption. 51Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, 52In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. 53For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. 54So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory. 55O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory? 56The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law. 57But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ."

Given I am on Sup Forums, which is a weird thing if you're a good Christian, but I gotta admit I do come here for the obscene jokes.

I drive my motorcycle like a maniac. At least I feel alive when driving.

>"The Game"
fuck you it's been years since i lost

How did you jam a .22? I've been using a ruger 10-22 since I was able to walk and I've never been able to jam it on firing, only in between shots from me being abusive to it.

That's assuming Christians pretend.
Some of us know, and some don't but have faith.
The ones that did not see but believe is much more righteous and will reap its blessings when their time on Earth comes to an end.

Alright ill bite. I think morality is good evidence that suggests there is a higher being. And the fact that the biggest religion stem from the Abrahamic root seems pretty convincing. Islam is the pure version of it and it a cant be corrupted.

Prove me wrong.
>Inb4 darwinism, if u say this, kill yourself

There is no God, you gotta rip that band aid off quickly

Miricle confimed

go back to reddiit pronto kiddo

>That's assuming Christians pretend.
No, EVERYONE who says they know what the universe and reality is, is a liar. Some people truly believe they know though, which is hilarious and sad at the same time. You have no idea, you pretend to, but you really, truly, don't have a fucking clue what this is.

It was a Luger Mark ii that my dad had. it was trash and jammed pretty often thanks to the shitty chamber.

Sounds like some Fear and Loathing shit.

I like what i'm readin here, especially the part where i can start quoting philisophiccalfags like plato i think? I now know that i know nothing.

And maybe you're right about that part where we need a reset, recently i went to a detox because i needed a reset. Didn't help all that much tho :c

Eitherway i'm happy someone reacted on my very honest comment, the part about consciousness you mentioned is my biggest issue. Because my experience is so real was exactly why i used to be a christian zealot.

I still have zealot-ish aspects where i just can't seem to give up giving credit to who made us. I find myself once every week on the bike when i am actually a bit happy in my odd life thanking god for whatever.

Believe what you want to believe.
It's not my loss.
I personally don't give a shit what any of you do, I'm just telling it as it is.
You can take it or leave it.

The bullet caught on the rimfire lip thing. I still have the bullet somewhere, you can see that the edge is fucked up

Well thank god for that right? kek!

I know that you may have christianity is an odd belief system and the boook has plenty of holes i bet. But i find comparing it to the other stuff that's out there to be the most convincing religion. Especially if you take awawy catholisicm cuz that's just a sect run by the devil.

I love you user i hope you're starting to feel better in life.

I'm convinced I'm immortal. I will be able to upload my consciousness to a machine before my physical body fails.

OP here, ignoring bait it is intereating to see other insights.

hmmm

I'm pretty set in my belief system, thanks
(see )

But I appreciate the sentiment. It's very kind of you.

You're assuming what I do and don't know.
EVERYONE who says they know what they know in reality is, is a liar.
Some people truly believe they know though, which is hilarious and sad at the same time. You have no idea, you pretend to, but you really, truly, don't have a fucking clue what this is.

I don't give a shit if you'll believe in God anyway.
Go ahead. You do you.

>ITT snowflakes crafting their own religions to feel special

Never said I didn't, just said we don't know what the universe and reality even is. That's all homie, we have no idea, and that's cool. But I see people who pretend to as needing a crutch, and that's cool too, I guess.

I understand now. Also show the bullet if you happen to find it. That is really interesting.

I just don't see why people see it as such a horrible thing. You were at the same state of being before you were born. What's the bug fucking deal about going back to that?

Fear of death has ALWAYS been about the people left behind, bar the illogical fear of the unknown.

I never said I knew it all, but I do know Christ is very real. I also know that God is very intimidating when you meet him because he is that powerful. +

Imagine meeting someone that has absolute authority over you and knows every detail of you of every second from the moment you are born to the thoughts running through your mind at that very instance. Words fall short to how intimidating he is.

This chemical is found in small percentages throughout all carbon based lifeforms that have been checked thus far. So if you could fuck off with your show me facts bullshit and succc a cock, that'd be wondeefull. The point is that it does exist within us, and the fact is that it is the strongest psychedelic drug known to man. So if it's tied to your death, or not, or dreams,, or nooot. Doesn't really matter. Take the drug, and if your mind is set on answers instead of tripping balls, then don't be afraid to ask and you shall receive. The Devine solid truth is beautiful from all sides. And the acceptance of that truth is the part that we lay the wool over. Find your acceptance, and embrace within yourself. Be grateful, despise being spiteful. Grow with yourself and everybody in mind. Find your purpose and make something with what you have. Quit being an user faggot. Go read a book. Get some sun, jerk off less amd exercise more. Domt ever stop playing video games unless it involves the vagina. And try to eat healthy, its good for your emotions too, when you feel healthy you think healthy.

Tl;Dr
>do the drugs
>accept your death
>dont be a queer
>i*m SoFa kINg we3 taUgHt eD

Don't be afraid of dying since you will do sooner or later, be afraid of not living instead, profit each minute since there's pepole who died and had a whole life in front of them, live for everyone who loves you, be happy for them

>suspected role
>calls that a citation
Kek

Embrace death as you would embrace anything else, it is natural and nothing to be afraid of.

Unless you're in immediate danger what are you even worried about?

You have no idea what reality is. You need a crutch to help you explain it. That is fine.

You know op it's not even death that scares me. It's the long slow decline and gradual loss of ability to do things followed by that moment your doctor says you have ass cancer then the hospital stay and finally getting out only to end up going back for another long hospital stay and pills and surgery and more pills and more surgery before you finally slip into a coma and die. Death I can handle, dying not so much.

Every moment you are alive you are in danger of dying. Kind of the definition of living.

That's an asinine fucking assertion, user. Just because you live that way doesn't mean that's objective fact.

Do you KNOW my idea?
Do you know what I know?

Crutch? You can interpret it that way if you want. That's your choice and I'm not going to get in your way.

You do that.