This is one of the most insufferable television characters in history...

This is one of the most insufferable television characters in history. There is literally nothing likeable about him if you are the slightest bit observant of his nature and actions. Anyone who finds him relatable simply has no personality.

Jim was a lazy, too-good-for-everyone jackass who spent his time goofing off and homewrecking. He did not deserve a happy ending. The show should have ended with him an hero-ing after walking in on Darrel busting a fat nigger nut all over Pam's big tits.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nuCgiIs4VAs
youtube.com/watch?v=5Spm8qJKgaE
youtube.com/watch?v=CnedYYgg3N0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>tfw watched the Office for the first time
>started to look at invisible cameras like Jim did
Fugg

Nah he's the "one normal guy surrounded by idiots" character for audience to identify with. He's not too good for everyone, he's just a fish out of water. I didn't give two shits about his and Pam's subplots though. Give me comedy not a telenovela.

This. He was the everyman/straight man. Every good comedy needs one of those to balance out the craziness of the funny men.

Jim wasn't a straight-man. He was a boring jerk. Learn the difference.

He canonically got cucked by the boom operator.

The two aren't mutually exclusive.

You mad bro?

>it's another Jim looks at the camera like "see what I mean" episode

I actually really liked the episodes where Jim got taken down a notch. Like the Dwight snowball attack episode and the one where Jim wore a tux like a dumbass when Charles Miner showed up.

Name on time in the series where he does this.

youtube.com/watch?v=nuCgiIs4VAs
i hope this is b8

the episodes where he's given a little more power in the office and he becomes a condescending cunt are the most annoying episodes of anything I've ever watched.

Glad I'm not the only one. Him and Pam are literally the only reason I never watched a full episode of this series. Am I missing out on anything, lads?

Yes.

Jenna pls

these threads are how you weed out the betas

John comes home to this everynight.

Can we turn this into an office general? I just finished the series after not getting it having been a fan of the UK one. There is some strong stuff in this series but the original had a cynical darkness that the American version lacked. In the US version everyone as it turns out is good at heart and worth a damn. Not so in the original.

Also I felt that they bent the characters to be whatever they needed at the time (wingnut asshole today, sympathetic sweetheart the next), especially Andy.

Best characters:. Micheal toby creed, early Pam, phyllis

>Can we turn this into an office general?
What the fuck else did you think it was?

Hi Dwight

She can't be serious. Was it a Sup Forums poster baiting her?

US version went on for too long and the characters were flanderized. Season 2 is really good, and on par with season 2 of the office UK in my opinion.

Season 1 of the office UK is still the best, though.

>Season 1 of the office UK is still the best, though.
That is objectively wrong. Got cancelled after 1 season it sucked so bad.

He's a jock with a dumbass job openly bullying his autistic coworker who just tries to do his job.

That's his character. Yet they decided to pick an ugly Jewish guy to play the part for some """mysterious""" reason.

It's office banter not bullying special snowflake millennial.

Oh, the irony.. You couldn't be more of a millennial if you tried.

It's a job, not your local improv.group. Just do you're job and shut the fuck up. I would fire someone like you in a sec.

You must be popular around the office.

Agree. I think all the seasons with Micheal are obviously better with some flagging at the end of his tenure. Ngl the finale was pretty bittersweet after watching all of it, though.

The UK office episode with the seminar where david keeps playing guitar is the best episode of any office ever imho YMMV.

Gay Witch Hunt

Had to stop parks and rec due to this shit

Wait, what? When do they do this in Parks & Rec? I mean, I get how the first season can feel like a rip-off of the Office. But it really found it's footing after that and by the later seasons they had phased out the "talking to the camera" thing almost completely.

youtube.com/watch?v=5Spm8qJKgaE
youtube.com/watch?v=CnedYYgg3N0

Huh. Guess I didn't really notice it happened that much.

Don't worry dude, I did it all through my teen years thanks to this show.

Me too but those were all post S4 no?
Once he and Pam got together he became an insufferably smug jerk.

They even made a joke about it his first episode at the Stamford branch.

How could a travelling salesman afford a corvette?

>This is one of the most insufferable television shows in history

Pretty much. I have no idea why you faggot find this shit humorous. Camera takes are not funny if its 99% of the fucking show.

Him and Pam were okay in the early seasons, after they got together they became insufferable condescending assholes.

By having half of every paycheck go to car payments, insurance, gas, and mantinence.

Theres a difference between being able to "afford" something and being able to afford something.

What got me was the gross amount of sap they played on. Sometimes it's cute but the shit was overwhelming. The UK version has one genuinely sappy moment but it's not gross made for little girls shit.

They talked about how when they got bought out the office salesmen could make more than the manager because of commissions and incentives. Packer has no family and since he travels probably doesn't have any real house bills either.

Also I fine early Pam to be very funny like seeing a sensible person be uncomfortable but try to push through it. Later, not so much.

>youtube.com/watch?v=5Spm8qJKgaE
This is a dangerous video.

Good writing that they put this as her wedding song though.

I still do it. I just cant fucking help myself

This show was born when the last bits of the American dream were falling away.
In real life Jim would get cucked and Dwight becomes an r9k poster.

Yeah, while Jim and Pam were essential to the success of the show (and I suppose my enjoyment of it), they were the least likeable characters.

Without them, it would have just been a bunch of ideosyncratic buffoons, and as anons have already pointed out, there needs to be a balance.

>it's just our little secret

>Him and Pam were okay in the early seasons, after they got together they became insufferable condescending assholes.
I think they were objectively condescending assholes even before they officially got together. The amount of inside joking that bothered the rest of the office was always there.

:>

Oh, they were no doubt, but they became completely insufferable once they got married.

I liked when they kept faking Pam's water breaking until they finally got caught. Everyone saw them for the couple of assholes they truly were.