youtube.com/watch?v=AKiVttFnqkY
premierguitar.com/articles/20930-guitar-shop-101-demystifying-truss-rod-tools
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Dead or 90%?

Choose.

rec jazz guitarists

99%, do your best

>Mayonnaise
what a terrible way to make fun of the morbidity obese neckbeard who will eventually own that instrument
cruel

>tfw no images
will be tough senpaitachi

go learn piano instead

youtube.com/watch?v=476vNb6thyM
This guy. He has lots of lessons online to learn from

What are some of your unpopular opinions about guitar music, or guitar in general? I will start. Slash has been the same thing for years, and people still think he is a guitar god.

right, this thanks!

post greatness

youtu.be/cCBgBXZeORc
youtu.be/rQgPiZfhfRg
youtu.be/V6FlfO3ifJQ

Most people would agree with you, even fans. His "greatness" is based on shit he did in the Guns era.

Djent is cool and enjoyable

I guess, I still don't understand how "November Rain" 's became so widely acclaimed, when it's one of the most boring solos I have ever heard.

I have another unpopular opinion. Blues is boring and repetitive. It is only good in small bits, sprinkled in small bits.

what is good guitar music for you?

Wouldn't that be a popular opinion? Given the amount of Periphery fans in the world. My problem with Djent is the lack of "riffs". Djent guitarists are more bassists than guitarists. They only use one string for their "complex rhythms" completely neglecting the other strings.

Miles Okazaki
youtube.com/watch?v=MFNldzReNq8

jazz fusion sounds good

[spoiler]not[/spoiler]

Laugh all you want, but I enjoy progressive rock/metal a lot. I like odd time signatures, complex guitar riffs, and solos. Don't get me wrong, I do like to listening to some bluesy leads, and rhythms in my music. However, listening to a whole twelve bar blues is kind of agonizing, dont you agree?

>He does it for free

>However, listening to a whole twelve bar blues is kind of agonizing, dont you agree?
no, it makes me want to join the jam

Now, I am interested on what you like to listen to user. Because Jazz fusion is to me one of the coolest genres of music.

blues has become a way to wank with your guitar.
bb king barely many notes. the number of notes that he played was equal to what you have in ballads

youtube.com/watch?v=VJWQi-j3-JM
4u

ace frehley's lead playing is tasteful
wait, thats not an unpopular opinion... wait, i'll try to come up with another one ok

Which guitarists do you listen to, user?

Well it's definitely unpopular here, know your audience and all that. And the rest of that's not really true. What you're thinking of is the simplified new wave of metalcore and deathcore that took influence from and masquerades as djent/prog

i love stuff like jeff beck and weather report. but frank zappa uses fusion to rape his music, and so many other artists like Guthrie goven

i mean. a melody should have a certain length until it becomes confusing. and with none functional harmony its even worse

Is that Johnny Depp, or Jack White?

the usual 70s blues based gutiarists

Show me a good djent band, that actually uses riffs instead of playing their guitar like basses.

youtube.com/watch?v=1gRESh4iyfs
Last time I posted this people tried arguing it's not djent, but it is. Or just look at Periphery's old stuff, they're all over the fretboard with a lot more than just open chugs

Don't know man, I like weird, melodies. Lots of Jazz fusion guitarists try to emulate other instruments with their guitars. Like playing sax lines on guitars. That kind of fluid way of phrasing. I understand why you wouldn't like it, but listening to it kind of a trip, if you may say. It's impressive the way they use chromaticism/tension on their music.

clyp.it/ewdqibqb

I would love a Mayones guitar but they are just ridiculously overpriced. Can't see paying that much for a guitar compared to Japanese or American counterparts. Why are they so expensive?

/r/ some guitaristis like that

cause there are people willing to buy them

djentbois and proglords started collectively creaming over them, inflating the prices

I'm convinced Kirk Hammett has some sort of mental disability.

blues is more about improvising over the simple bar structure with other musicians than playing complex piece the same every time. if you don't get off of a players phrasing then I can understand not enjoying listening to it without participating

Pat Metheny

youtube.com/watch?v=7Fd9KxG74YY

youtube.com/watch?v=b0aMCpRZPZE

youtube.com/watch?v=Yh_IwxO5-Bs&list=LLiemuAcBq4AOuJkLlO_3bwA&index=70

youtube.com/watch?v=NtljYur4_T8&list=LLiemuAcBq4AOuJkLlO_3bwA&index=75

Just a few from the top of my head.

>Mayones
Ibanez saber at 3-4x the cost of prestige models

Not gonna lie, they sound pretty good. However, their "djent" is pretty minimum. Maybe that's why I like them. This is more along the lines with Ne Obliviscaris, and if Obscura ditched their bassist, vocalist, and focused more on guitar lines. I agree, you will find gems like these guys in an oversaturated genre, however, my point still stands, 90% of "Djent" bands play the same shit trying to sound like a dollar store version of Periphery.

g12h g12m or v30, and why

He definitely confirmed it on their latest album. Those leads were complete garbage. And his excuse was "M-muh phone had all my ideas, but it got stolen :'("

Oh, I enjoy blues improves. I was talking more along the lines of blues songs. As I said, I enjoy blues lines, but when it comes to songs, it gets annoying real quick.

Im bretty good at guitar but want to get better at writing songs. idk what to do it's like a fucking alchemist/occult knowledge or something pls help.

fuck wrong link
there
lol

sweetwater.com/store/detail/RG652HMFXNGB

This guitar is gorgeous. Has anyone had any experience with it? I might have to break my piggy bank for it, so I would at least like to know if it's worth it.

Sup Forums is so clueless about everything

>RG
not even clickin' ni/gg/let

You know this is an imageboard

musicians listen to blues songs to train themselves for jam sessions, not because the song itself is great

r8 my geets

old pic, in a much nicer place now

Not in love with your carpet

I love scrolling through the catalog and seeing some dumbshit superfluous guitar thread with no replies headed to the archive.

>entertain Froosh
>make Froosh laugh

that's a sweet carpet tho

>spend all your money on hobbies trying to fill the void
>40 year old virgin
>tfw no gf

How close am I?

MOAR

I spent way too much money on vidya, too many shit games on steam in particular

28 this May, got laid first at 15 by a chubby goth chick

have had my current and 3rd gf for 11 years since final year of highschool 06 who has lived with me since 08

Here's one of my songs
soundcloud.com/siriustexra/from-sapling-to-strangler

I am trying to fill some kind of a void though, you're right about that one

what should i buy from the steam sale?

k

Nier Automata, Dark Souls 3 today

Don't PC game as much these days despite recently wasting money on a GTX1080 upgrade

boring pedals, might as well get a mult fx unit

OK, now tell everyone what country you live in.

Brazil.

Nah

1980's bass chorus pedal cannot be replicated in anything I've tried. My sound is purely that and the two delays + the odd reverb fuckery. This is just what I play with.

I do the actual experimentation with shit in software and I change around my pedalboard to suit whatever I'm playing at that time

I do have an old johnson j station multi effects that's godlike that I've kept around for stuff like that too though

Australia

>ausfaila
kek you might as well be on mars m8

youtube.com/watch?v=HEZrB_FDw4c

Now this, this is what I call music.

pls help

di meola is a hack

Literally a circle jerk

I've been in the same boat since 2005 when I started playing and making songs. I'll listen to stuff i've done and go "how".

It's half just making some nifty riff and then pairing it with another nifty riff. Mainly, it's about taste and knowing what you would like it to sound like.

guitar wanking for flamenco patricians

these

Write a hundred songs to create one that is worth showing others. Repeat ad nauseam.

Do read up on song structure (wiki), klf's the manual and read pat pattinson's book 'writing better lyrics'.

KLF IS GONNA ROCK YOU

Lemme guess, you guys think Kirk Hammett is a great guitarist.

I literally posted earlier about hammett being mentally retarded.

Oh my, I didn't recognize your name. My bad. Still though, I am curious to what you listen to that you call THAT bad. To me that was 3 guitar masters with different styles trading licks.

youtube.com/watch?v=KG7fIFuQTMw

youtube.com/watch?v=NZJpmk1PIzE

youtube.com/watch?v=tbPTeFta4lw

youtube.com/watch?v=IcPbmPM7epY&index=34&list=LLiemuAcBq4AOuJkLlO_3bwA

Not really guitar, but you need to listen to it anyways. It is that good.

youtube.com/watch?v=Hrr3dp7zRQY&index=69&list=LLiemuAcBq4AOuJkLlO_3bwA&t=254s

i've been doing pinkie finger strengthening exercises and am now seeing myself using that finger to hit notes that even youtube guys use their ring finger for

like in an instructional video for a scale ill see a dude slide up and use his 3rd finger but im finding it a lot easier to just use my 4th finger now.

am i overthinking the fuck out of this?

no, its ok to do that, it even looks cool, lots of pros do that

even pros will admit that there is virtually no difference between higher end effects units and analog modulation pedals. maybe you can still here the artificiality in dirt pedals, but it really doesn't matter these days.

how do these solid nylons sound? are they as quiet as electrics?

should i keep these multiple (3 on each side) guitar tracks

clyp.it/inl0acqy

Excellent for shows. A good model beats most cheap nylon string guitars.

do you do shows with yours?

Not a pro. A friend uses a Godin.

Codeine, Slint

Anyone know any bands that use guitar and saxophone together well?

Is the Gibson LP Faded a meme guitar, or should I save a little more and go for the studio/standard?

Needing to adjust the truss rod on an old guitar of mine, how do I tell what tool it needs. The socket at the top of the neck looks like a circle, and hex keys aren't doing it.

youtube.com/watch?v=AKiVttFnqkY

premierguitar.com/articles/20930-guitar-shop-101-demystifying-truss-rod-tools

should i sand it more?
should i sand it even more until it's concave?

Sure samuel you go right ahead.