Why isn't she the Sup Forums queen?

Why isn't she the Sup Forums queen?
>Unique voice
>Flawless yet diverse discog
>Actually actractive
>Doesn't have a ridiculous dyed hairstyle

music is not objective so there is no king and queen and never will be

One of Sup Forums greatest mysteries, judt like their obsession with ITAOTS

She already has threads almost daily. She kinda is Sup Forums's queen.

is that an attack at grimes? because believe it or not...

>Unique voice
same for grimes

>Flawless yet diverse discog
same for grimes

>Actually actractive
same for grimes

>Doesn't have a ridiculous dyed hairstyle
where you have been when bjork had a ridiculous dyed hairstyle?

the truth is that both bjork and grimes are amazing and both are the queens of Sup Forums.

to prove my last point: see pic related.

these polls can easily be rigged, plus Grimes fans are autistic and therefor more determined

There can be only one

>shitty boring voice and music.
doesn't matter how ugly or attractive someone is their music is still bad

>plus Grimes fans are autistic
dude, did you forget about ricardo lopez? don't talk about the autism of the grimes fans when the bjork fanbase had such a tremendous madman.

they could coexist peacefully. lots of grimes fans like bjork too and viceversa. both artists are doing art pop with a shitload of synths in their own way.

How is Grimes discog diverse? Or flawless?

thank you
Grimes: Several 5-7/10 albums, at best
Björk: A series of 9+/10 albums followed by consistent 8s

has grimes been making music since the 70s?
Also grimes is not attractive unless you have a big nose goblin fetish

I like Bjork, but in no way is her discography "flawless," it's like a solid row of B-pluses.

this pretty much

Yeah i can agree, she's very constant tho

>Kate Bush 5%

Fucking plebs.

lmao some nigga killed himself, it was ONE out of millions of fans across the globe

Overrated/10

Please stop this meme

bJOKE is a stupid ugly retarded chinese bitch who will NEVER make an album better than nirvana has btw

I DON'T THINK YOU FEEL ME
AM I TOO OVERWELMING?

Do you think nirvana someday be considered as dad rock?

Music isn't good enough.

Imo the reason why Bjork is (and always will be) a niche artist is that her music/art in general completely lacks any sense of subtlety. Weirdness is a great artistic device. But if it's dialed up to an extreme and then just left there all the time (imo what you find in Bjork's music) it just becomes grating on the nerves.

Based on nearly everything I've seen/read/heard about Bjork's music, I should love it. And yet, every time I go in and start listening to any of it in order to give it a fair chance it always comes across as being unlistenable to me desu. And it isn't a question of me not liking weirdness - because my two favorite solo musical artists are Scott Walker and Grimes.

>Grimes
You fucking faggot. I can't believe you managed to hide that your whole post was bait until the last word.

No, It is shit and will be forgotten after millennial die. Also children of millennials will refuse to be associated with their biological parents.

Tina Weymouth is the queen of Sup Forums

>bait
not him but you're autistic
people might have different opinions

Not only that, the weirdness has to be -somewhat- intelligible. The outfits she wears are the most blatant example of this. Like take a look at any of her album covers from Homogenic on, minus Vespertine.

Here is Volta's. What is this supposed to be? Is it representative of the music somehow, or the concepts?

There is a quote attributed to her that goes, "I am one of the most idiosyncratic people around." To me this definitely falls under the heading of "If that's really true, you shouldn't need to announce it."

No one unironically likes Grimes.

Grimes isn't that weird. And I don't think Bjork's that weird either, her most "weird" albums are Medulla and Biophilia. If you watch interviews with her she's incredibly down to earth. It seems a lot of people just think she's wacky mainly because of that swan outfit.

so you're actually retatded. that makes sense now

and Grimes isn't?

Bjork is good. She was huge in the 90's

Every word of is my honest opinion, mate.

I certainly do.

To make a food analogy of it, for me listening to the music of Grimes or Scott Walker (in the latter case, specifically when you consider it chronologically) is like eating a 15-layer cake covered in a single layer of icing. In contrast, listening to Bjork's music is like eating a 1-layer cake covered in 15 layers of icing. The former is rich in taste, whereas the latter is nauseating.

grimes is like eating a cake made out of shit

i thought you said you had a point. where did that go? did you imagine it?

>the shit*

Volta was pretty bad tho, like a C or C+ at best. i'd put Homogenic and Vespertine at an A- also. otherwise i agree

TASTES LIKE A SHIT CAKE LOL GRIMES BTFO THE ASS

she sucks and is no good
i bet she smells shitty

Honestly the only albums less than an A are Volta and Biophilia

this is why grimes is a meme and bjork is not

I thought this but Biophilia grew on me a lot and I love it now, and even though Volta's not the best Voltaic made me appreciate it more. Bjork herself prefers the live versions too.

>I am one of the most idiosyncratic people around
I'm quite sure Bjork would never say something like this. She's very humble in interviews and never acts like she's superior or beyond anyone's comprehension. In fact she always claims to be a folk/pop artist because she loves connecting with humans.

I know right
Grimes is just another teenage love phase for some anons and they call everything she does flawless
She makes average music for average people.

Because this whole board is a meme and people have been spamming the same shit since years
>MUH GRIMES
>MUH LAUREN MAYBERRY KAWAII DESU DESU

Yeah if you search the quote there's no source, just those quote websites which are often made up.

How is weirdness "dialed up to an extreme" in Bjork's music? This is something I would expect to hear from someone who has absolutely no experience listening to music that isn't strictly mainstream.
And this is not to take away from Bjork's experimentalism, because her work does have a lot of avant-garde tendencies and she is incredibly talented and forward-thinking as a musician, but she does make pop music at the end of the day. It's not unintelligible at all, for fuck's sake. We're not talking about harsh noise or indeterminacy.

I personally don't think Grimes' music has any weirdness to it at all, but imo Scott Walker is certainly experimental as well. I find him to be considerably more inaccessible than Bjork, so I guess that goes to show the whole concept of accessibility in the context of music is very subjective and discussing it is kind of pointless.