What the fuck did I just watch?

What the fuck did I just watch?

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/90322995
youtube.com/watch?v=X2j2-1V3Vw8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I went in wanting to love it, started to hate it and then ended up loving it.

Such brave filmmaking. An uncompromising vision that delivers not what the fans want, but what Laura Palmer deserved.

fucking chills guys, even if I didn't get all of it.

Oh and should I watch the missing pieces or will that ruin the film?

Bro you got Lynch'd, its ok it happened to every big guy here.

The secret is to fast forward to the naked bitches, for example in Lost Highway you have thicc bitch with huge tits, then in Mulholland Drive you have awesome lesbian scenes.

You see the "secret" now? No Lynch fan likes to admit this but it really makes no sense, he likes to put scenes that look cool and then some bitches because everyone loves bitches.

He might actually be a genius but not for the reasons everyone thinks.

I know you're memeing but it makes about 99% sense.

Where's the online link to this shit? I've been meaning to watch it but I can't find it anywhere.

Neon Genesis Peaks: The End of the Red Room

>David Bowie out of nowhere

it may be my fault for having never watched the tv show, but the guy who said the best parts are the tits is correct. I kind of got the main plot by the end of it but there was way too much horseshit asides for me to enjoy it as a film

If you didn't see the first half of the series, you didn't get the movie.

I remember watching this movie when I was a wee lad... and having absolutely no idea what was going on.
It stuck with me and I remembered the imagery though. Scenes burned in my memory.
Years later i became a huge Twin Peaks fan. And i watched this again... after having loved the tv show.
I hated this movie with a passion, so dark with all the quirky stuff scraped away. But after seeing it recently with the blu ray release, i have to say it is easily one of my favorite movies of all time. It full on shows you the twisted fkd up shit only implied by the series

there's ghosts or demons that possess stuff and the hobo demon wants to fuck the girls to death or something on a train and one gets saved by an angel while the main character gets fucked to death
it isn't great as a stand alone I'm sure but it's not incomprehensible

>one gets saved by an angel

user...

The demons all have really specific motivations, so no. Also there aren't any angels, that's the other demon who is the former partner of Bob.

does she 'save' the girl as a fuck you to Bob or just to progress some other story line/motive?

then who was that flying lady that saved Ronnette, and the other one who made Laura cry at the end. HUH?

You watched THE pleb filter

I feel so sorry for you

Wasn't it Laura since she became a part of the room instead of getting Bob'd?

I was actually disappointed that the death of Laura Palmer wasn't explicit enough

Like it was glossed over a little bit

I agree, after all of that build up it happens so fast and you can barely see anything, and just like that it's done.

What I got from the movie:
>the evil BOB does his terrible deeds because they give him Garmonbozia, which is represented visually with creamed corn. The demons of the black lodge need them for some reason
>The Man From The Another Place, aka the Little Man is MIKE's arm.
>That whole David Bowie scene is nonsense, was intended for future films and will most likely be expanded upon in the new season
>The green ring is a symbol of 'marrying' evil, essentially accepting it and allowing it to take over you.
>Electricity can somehow be used as a way to get to the lodges. That may be what happened to the FBI agent that went missing, that's why Dale Cooper stares at the phone pole and hears the indian-call noise.
>Laura Palmer's belief that there are no angels left in the world shows she there is no hope for her. In the red room, however, she is presented with an angel and is seemingly happy. That may mean she went to heaven or was at least presented with hope of some form in the afterlife. If she did go to heaven though, that means that the red room is not the black lodge but a waiting room.
>The white horse is symbolism that Laura's mother knew in some capacity the things that Leland was doing to her daughter and she did nothing. That is something common in real life instances of domestic abuse.

>We could have gotten two more of these if people weren't such plebs

S3 better be fucking spectacular, I want max comfy for the whole season and then a FWWM tier ending

or hell, don't give me what we want, it usually ends up being better that way anyway

The angel could be from the white lodge

But yeah I reached much the same conclusion you did, honestly I understood almost all of it, but isn't it tradition to make a "what the fuck did I just watch" thread the first time you see this or EoE?

Anyway, masterpiece. Can't wait for S3!

The movie showed that Lynch cares about continuity, but that he doesn't pander. Which I think is great. I'm pretty sure we'll be getting something surprising.

The missing pieces only make it better nigga

I personally haven't watched the four hour version with all the deleted scenes included but it sounds dope and I want to

It took me the second time around to understand garmonbozia and mike's arm.

>it really makes no sense
I hate when plebs try to act like they have Lynch all figured out when they really just don't get it at all. Stop posting.

thepiratebay.se

it's already been stated that the spirits thrive on fear, this was an elaboration of the idea.

the arm thing lept out at me right away though, you don't just say I'm an arm and not make me think of the one-armed man.

wasn't the arm inscribed with an evil though?

It was. The Man from Another Place is a little shit

has lynch stated that the missing pieces happened or are they just for fun?

I can see why the original Donna didn't want to do what she would have to do in this film, but man I wish she did anyway.

Hard to have a best girl in this series, they all fuck up majorly one way or the other, I started out as a Lucy-fag but fuck that noise. I suppose Shelly is best girl.

Lara Flynn Boyle didn't want to come for the movie and now look at her.

she deserves this for not letting Audrey get COOPER'D

they had their own screening upon release where Lynch, Sheryl Lee, Ray Wise etc. attended. That tells me that he considers them important.

What? They're just scenes that got cut from the movie. Nothing has proven them to be outside of the canon.

wait, she was the reason why AudryXCooper didn't happen?

That cunt! I'm not even a shipperfag but it was perfect.

I suppose I'm not too bent up about Annie, but the whole Jack thing was stupid

yep. That fucking ugly cunt

will watch then. Any more supplemental material to prep for season 3? I heard there are some books or something

I didn't notice the 'I am the arm' line the first watch because I was distracted by the fact that David Bowie was suddenly in the movie.

And yeah, it's an interesting development because the little man didn't seem inherently evil in the show.

>I AM THE GREAT WENT
What did he mean by this?

he's long gone

The two books that I know of are "The Secret Diary of Laura Palmer" and "The Autobiography of F.B.I. Special Agent Dale Cooper: My Life, My Tapes". Read the former, very good, highly recommend. It was written by Lynch's daughter, portions of it are relayed in the show, and actually Sheryl Lee read it to prepare for FWWM.
There's also ""Diane..." - The Twin Peaks Tapes of Agent Cooper", an audio book of several of Coop's recordings, taking place over season 1. I think it's about 40 minutes long.

vimeo.com/90322995

it was written in the show but she went on a giant bitch fit because she was dating Kyle at the time.

They had to scrap the whole Coop and Audrey thing and settle for fucking Billy Zane

Does the White Lodge even exist or is it all one place?

The arm had a tattoo of Fire Walk with Me on it. Little Mike probably has it somewhere on him and embodies whatever it means.

What happened to the FBI Agent?

FWWM+MP=Season 1 >SHIT > Season 2

Some say the red room is both the black lodge and white lodge - see the floor tiles. Both heaven and hell depending on your point of view

It would have just been gratuitous. And given that people were deriding the film as exploitative when it came out, it probably would have just made things worse.

I read that this movie did surprisingly well in Japan; better than a lot of other countries.

Now this wouldn't make any sense for any director except Lynch.

Japanese people loved Twin Peaks when it came out:

youtube.com/watch?v=X2j2-1V3Vw8

Has anyone only just seen this movie and not the series? I'm curious what they'd think