Trump No Longer Self-Funded

vox.com/2016/5/9/11640038/donald-trump-donations-big-money

>Trump's team announced last week that he will create a fundraising apparatus that will take big checks from the wealthiest donors to fund a campaign that could cost upwards of $1 billion, according to Bloomberg.

>"He's done a complete 180," says Josh Stewart, a spokesperson for the Sunlight Foundation, which tracks money in politics. "A central part of Trump's campaign for the nomination was that he was not bought and paid for and would self-fund his campaign. Now, he's going back on that."

Sup Forums will defend this.

>OP doesn't know how expensive general elections are

He went through the primaries without getting any funds, when it's hard to get money and taking it means you owe big favors.

He always said he'd look for funding for the general election, which is a much less competitive field and thus easier to take money for without owing "favors"

Oh because if they don't donate his life is ruined? No.

Unlike policital careerists Trump isn't dependent upon them whether they donate or not. He'd be foolish to not allow help if people want to give it, but its not like people can bribe him with some petty shit, he's already set.

E V E R Y O N E K N O W S
V
E
R
Y
O
N
E

Trump is a good goy

He beat the other republicans without any GOP money
Let him get everything he needs to beat shillary

In the General Election, there are limits to funding from the candidate to his own campaign.

He basically HAS TO seek outside financing.

>Bloomberg
>Stewart

>Sup Forums will defend this.

yeah, and

K everyone knows this already.

Sage

>Trump No Longer Self-Funded
Welcome to things we knew 10 months ago.

He never intended to Self-Fund in the General Election

as long as he limits the donations to two-digits per person/organization he could very well pull a Bernie. Nothing wwrong with receiveing small amounts of money from individual peolpe.

>In the General Election, there are limits to funding from the candidate to his own campaign.

There is? I didn't knew this.

We knew he was going to do this though, all he's ever bragged about was self-funding primaries, he's never said anything about facing Hillary alone.

The entire point of Trump getting the nom was that he would be a money powerhouse, something that could actually face Clinton, you know.
Trumps a good guy and all, but it would be stupid to take on the most powerful political party in the country solo.

This is part of uniting.

So if these wealthy donors help him, what do they get in return?

>tfw I got a robocall asking for donations for Trump this morning
I'm sorry I'm so poor Donald, but you can have my vote.

\thread

His goal is now to collect funds from every single person that would suffer from a Hillary presidency.

>a campaign that could cost upwards of $1 billion

Holy shit. According to what we saw with the small amount of money he spent in the primary, this campain will be fucking nuclear. Shillary will bet shlonged so hard she'll never be able to walk again.

>all this denial and backpedaling

Get used to it. You guys are going to be doing that a lot in the coming months if you want to stick with Trump. Question really is how gay you are for him and what the breaking point is, because he needs to keep flip flopping if he wants any hope of beating Hillary.

Pure coincidence.

How corrupt can your "democracy" get?

Oh no! This changes everything! Cancel the border wall and import more muslims immediately!

The alternative is to give the Clintons another 4 years.

>Trump does exactly what he said he'd be doing since he started

Shocker.

Jewish dick is tasty, isn't it OP?

Only complete plebes with no idea how politics works thought he would self fund the general.

>Shillary will bet shlonged so hard she'll never be able to walk again.
There's a very real chance she will be bantered to death before the year is out.

This thread is missing Australian shitposters.

>Sup Forums will defend this.
Of course we will. Now that the Republican Party is uniforming under 1 leader, only a complete moron would finance his own money against multi-billion dollar Democrat SuperPACs.

>OP is too dumb to understand this

Some would say limiting one's ability to self-fund limits corruption.

That's all we need. If you come up with money, don't just donate it, get a hat.

>Germans talking about democracy
You idiots need like 60% of the popular vote just to brush your teeth in the morning. Dying country. Sad

>Correct the record and Hillary for America found a semi-successful tactic
>spam it every day

your right the Republican party doesn't want to loose and is therefore taking money, that means Hillary, the most corrupt politician in Washington , who had 100 million dollars in jew money by last august with one phonecall, is a better choice

im now a #hillarymissle

interesting question for redditshills: would Bernie Glassberg take dem super pac money in the general? how would you react?

I see the big republican money begrudgingly coming on board as a reluctant capitulation after they did everything to stop him

Yeah, cause hes totally gonna spend nearly his entire perosnal wealth on a genral election.

That alone would fuck his "great businessman" persona.

you mean #hillfiremissile

This.

OP BTFO.

kek

inb4 he always said he wasnt going to build a wall

Why shill4hill people always post news from Vox.com? It's a shitty website with no credibility.

It's a double edged sword.

Campaign finance laws limits the amount any one person can put into a campaign.

This was to prevent corruption, by preventing large entities and rich political activists (like Soros) from buying candidates wholesale.

This is why PACs exist now.

Lies. When will you shillary supporters leave? He's not hiding anything. He entirely self funded his entire campaign thus far. Now that he's the nominee, he's simply using the Republican Party to his full advantage by exploiting their funds for the rest of his campaign against the democratic front runner.

>When will you shillary supporters leave?
November 9th, it'll be such a wonderfully shill-free day that I can scarcely imagine it

ᵀʰᶦˢ ᵗʰʳᵉᵃᵈ ʷᵃˢ ᵖᵃᶦᵈ ᶠᵒʳ ᵇʸ ᴴᶦᶫᶫᵃʳʸ ᶠᵒʳ ᴬᵐᵉʳᶦᶜᵃ, ᵃ ᶜᵃᵐᵖᵃᶦᵍᶰ ˢᵘᵖᵖᵒʳᵗᵉᵈ ᵇʸ ᵐᵒʳᵉ ᵗʰᵃᶰ ᵒᶰᵉ ᵐᶦᶫᶫᶦᵒᶰ ᵍʳᵃˢˢʳᵒᵒᵗˢ ᵈᵒᶰᵒʳˢ⋅

ᵀᵒ ˢᵉᶰᵈ ᵃ ᶜᵒᶰᵗʳᶦᵇᵘᵗᶦᵒᶰ, ᵖᶫᵉᵃˢᵉ ˢᵉᶰᵈ ᵃ ᵖᵉʳˢᵒᶰᵃᶫ ᶜʰᵉᶜᵏ ᵐᵃᵈᵉ ᵖᵃʸᵃᵇᶫᵉ ᵗᵒ “ᴴᶦᶫᶫᵃʳʸ ᶠᵒʳ ᴬᵐᵉʳᶦᶜᵃ” ᵗᵒ:

ᴴᶦᶫᶫᵃʳʸ ᶠᵒʳ ᴬᵐᵉʳᶦᶜᵃ
ᴾᵒˢᵗ ᴼᶠᶠᶦᶜᵉ ᴮᵒˣ 999
ᴺᵉʷ ʸᵒʳᵏ, ᴺʸ 0434-6001

To avoid Shillary?

Some people belong in a mental health clinic.

I'm aware that money wins elections. I'd rather it be the candidates own money so he acts in his own interests rather than the interests of those who he owes money to (who we do not know).

Still I get why he's doing this

He's said since day fucking one that once he won the nomination, he would start taking donor money.

Even a billionaire cannot totally self fund a presidential campaign. They cost hundreds of millions of dollars. He's said from the get-go that he would do it himself to the convention, and then use the GOP presidential campaign funds, which come from donors.

He NEVER said he would self fund the general election. Even Donald cannot blow 1 billion in cash.

>mfw she ends like Yeb!

No one is being paid to shill for Hillary by the way. It's a Republican-funded lie and a pathetic attempt to smear her campaign.

I want to feel the earth shook by pol's massive jaw drop when they find out that trump is the same shit as hillary or any other candidate
Presidents don't do what they want, they do what it's planned for them to do, and when they don't do it they get JFK'ed