The Night Of

Can we talk about this shit Sup Forums?

At this point having a happy ending would feel like a disservice to the rest of the show. It wouldn't feel right or realistic if he wasn't convicted.

Other urls found in this thread:

google.ca/search?q=anti islamic graffiti&rlz=1C1GIWA_enCA581CA581&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjln5Sr-9bOAhWI9R4KHaJQAIsQ_AUICCgB&biw=1033&bih=990
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

There is no happy ending. Even if the state fails to prove you guilty, your reputation is finished just for being a suspect.

naz didn't do it
naz will be acquitted
naz will be a career criminal after he gets out of jail
we'll never get the real story

I think he'll get off on some technicality.

But he'll basically have to be a drug runner for Omar. Or he'll refuse and Omar'll have him killed.

Detective Box is probably end up with the real killer with his golf clubs and he'll get shot and Junior Detective Eczema Legs will get there and Box will say as he spits up blood:

"Swing away..."

And then he'll die. But idk maybe they'll go the realistic route and the jury will find him guilty. Based on what they've seen they have no reasonable doubt that Nasir did it.

Thats my point, I've seen the other side of the justice system. You don't come out of that something like that without some pretty deep scars. This show's portrayal of the the prosecution and police behavior is pretty fucking accurate. Once they get an idea in their head about you, there's nothing you can do.

I have no idea what will happen, but I'm pretty sure I will tear up

he's gonna come out the other end vascular af and aggro

gonna be hard to hit the books like he used to when you go chad like that

>lawyer kisses naz
seriously?

dropped this show like 2 episodes ago

Just complete shit compared to the British version

how the last episode will go:

>stepdad is found to be the real killer
>naz becomes a criminal and works with omar on the outside
>his family disowns him

The ending is already unhappy, which seems to be the point of the show. If he were convicted, though it is a possibility, it might serve to undermine the message thus far -- that regardless of your guilt or innocence, the process itself can and will ruin you. Already one of the most emotionally impactful shows I've ever seen and if you disagree you're probably stupid.

> the process itself can and will ruin you

Oh, and everyone who loves you, everyone who cares about you, and because people with Sup Forums-tier IQs exist, everyone who sort of looks like you too.

Jesus this show makes me fucking angry.

To be fair, only if the process involves "genpop at rykers island."

Most jurisdictions have better prisons.

dropped the uk version 79 episodes ago

the book was way better

I can't be the only one who imagines The Night Of as an alternate ending to Four Lions.

>innocent, in the trial period
>get thrown into federal pound me in the ass prison for a year while the state holds their dicks in their hands

Americans will defend this

I don't know if you noticed but the entire (american) show is about how this is an issue, and on a grander scale how even the system itself has a number of issues with it as well

Why is she so old? She's such a mush-mouth

>Why is she so old?

Because she hasn't died yet.

My question is how you vapid celebrity gossiping shitposters even find your way to the seventh episode of a show like this. Go read a tabloid you insipid cunt.

I'll have to check out the British version then, because this show kicks ass.

I really don't think this will have a happy ending. I don't think Naz did it, but I think he'll get convicted. Juries are dumb, people are dumb, and the evidence pretty much screams "Naz did it."

>muh patrician
Kys. Is it too much to ask to cast someone who doesn't sound like they've survived a stroke?

The british version is propaganda for why everyone being under 24 hour government surveillance is a good thing.

Also, can anyone explain to me the relationship between and the defense's expert witness, the dude who did the snooping and basically figured out how Naz's night really went down?

They had some good banter and seemed like husband/wife but I wasn't catching on and feel like an idiot.

what was the point of the indian attorney lady kissing him? that felt so out of character for her that I really expected him to wake up after that happened

>Episode 2

Repeated shots of Andreas painted nails

>Episode 6

Repeated shots of the hearse driver painting a corpses nails

Pottery

Wow!

why she is into him? because the show is not that good tbqh

i read the summary of the british version. Stone finds out about the relationship and calls for a mistrial. Before the new trial begins, new evidence is found, proving the guy to be innocent

... you mean you need explained the relationship between the lead, several decade veteran detective on naz's case and the several decade veteran assistant district attorney?

this may well be the outcome of the show

I CANT BELIEVE SHE KISSED HIM! What an idiot!

Her manner adds character to the show. You are a horrible person, and I don't mean that in the sense that you're mean or something. You are intellectual garbage. Go watch Big Brother or Jersey Shore re-runs you halfwit inbred piece of shit.

Well she made him out to be a legend in pathology, before he was just a noname investigator. His view on the case carries a lot more weight now.

>before he was just a noname investigator.

... they introduce him like hes the grim fucking reaper. Even tuturo's character talks about him like hes death incarnate.

Seriously, stick to celebrity gossip.

fuck off, she's one of the best parts of the show

No, you misunderstood. I was talking about the DEFENSE'S expert witness, not the detective on Naz's case.

>Indian lawyer kisses Nasir instead of riding Stone's cock empowered by traditional Chinese medicine

D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D

She's easily the worst actor on the show. Go back to that scene where her and Stone are negotiated a plea deal, she's fucking horrid.

Pretty certain you're basing that off of some delusional, imagined standard for acting. I've never seen anyone accurately criticize acting on this board, it's just socially retarded neckbeards who have a flawed understanding of how people should or do act.

I'm basing it off her shit acting. Naz's mom is more convincing and she's had a handful of lines compared to the prosecutor. Your argument is nothing more than "if you disagree with me, you're an autist".

>mfw that final shot of Box with his golf clubs
I love how he started off as this extremely sure and confident detective who is now having an existential crisis.

W..what do I watch after this.

This show was good for my GoT withdraw

This show is fucking stupid.

It's not a murder mystery, it's not a procedural, it's just more excuse for retard liberals to lecture you about how racist you are and how broken the system is for non whites. Imagine an ugly person waggling his finger at you

>muh islamophobia

fuck off

Why was absolutely nothing said of that second body that was found besides the very first scene of the episode

>shit opinion followed by evidence of Sup Forums browser

I don't even need to continue reading these terrible posts anymore. How exactly do you inbreds think you're different from SJWs? Seriously, in what way?

That murder is not connected to this murder in any way, it was just an excuse for the detective to mention that Naz was getting media attention because he was Muslim

Have you ever been to Jackson Heights? Ozone Park? Anywhere in Queens for that matter? And yet a fleeting shot of a vandalized mosque in a fictional show triggers you. Grow up.

I am completely of the opposite mind when it comes to the british series.

it's filled with melodrama that comes at the expense of the script. the prison "listener," the absolute last-minute reveals of suspects and evidence just so they can have big OHHH SHIIIIT before-the-commercial break moments in the courtroom, the fucking absurd liberties they took with the legal system for drama reasons yet again (suddenly it's the defense's job not just to prove reasonable doubt, but to produce the actual murderer and then they put him on the stand and make a whole ridiculous episode of investigating him on the spot ON THE FUCKING WITNESS STAND—not the fucking cops mind you but the FUCKING DEFENSE), the fucking completely moronic way that naz's recantation of the confession was handled, the absolutely cliched fucking joke of a plot point where "omar" and box were in some sort of gangster-cop alliance which was behind naz's incarceration

Literally every single moment in the british version was hamfisted and cliched as fuck, and I don't know how anyone could even come close to arguing it was handled better than it's being handled now. Let's remember that in the british version our good little protagonist was held down and shot up full of heroin while "omar" cackled maniacally over him like a fucking cartoon villain, and his motivation? because he knew he was an innocent man and that just made him so delicious!

fucking.

garbage.

season 2 was alright.

>A procedural murder mystery isn't what it is because I'm a triggered alt-right SJW who eats, breathes, and sleeps identity politics

I'm guessing you're mad because it displays anti-intellectual, generalizing trailer park cousin fuckers as exactly what they are?

Hol up.

You think it might be mistimed to release a show about good Muslims who didn't do nothing and how they are oppressed even though they are innocent and represent the very best of America?

In the same year when a muslim shot up 50 faggots and was helped by his wife? Lmao. Were there swastikas painted over walls then or are liberals just that clueless?

Would she have kissed him if she knew what had recently been in his mouth?

That actually does sound like a good time to point out how retarded people are who blame someone for a crime because they look vaguely like someone who committed a crime. I'm guessing Sup Forums logic dictates that you think it's a good idea to whenever a crime happens, commit a crime against more innocent people.

You deserve to die, sincerely. This world would be somewhere approaching paradise if we just euthanized everyone like you, including the countless Muslims who are like you.

>who eats, breathes, and sleeps identity politics

That is what the show is tho. That is what the show-runners try to cram down your throat. Except first episode that's fine. The show completely abandoned that feeling of mystery and police procedural to lecture you. And the other half was feet fungus

I'm hoping westworld comes out in time

>You deserve to die, sincerely. This world would be somewhere approaching paradise if we just euthanized everyone like you, including the countless Muslims who are like you.

This is called projection. The show has an extremely compelling element to it which shows how the justice system can not only ruin the lives of innocent people and their families, but also people who merely look like that innocent person because the public is full of sensationalist retards who wait with baited breath to show everyone how dumb they are. There's nothing political about that whatsoever, you fucking moron. You're calling it political because you're one of the idiots the show is shitting on.

it was never a police procedural at any point in the series
it is a criticism of the judicial system
you are projecting your dislikes onto it
it maintained the exact same storyline, exact same story beats, and exact same criticisms in the original version of the show with an all-white cast (except for omar, who was also black in the original)

any race shit you think is distracting from the shows point is literally just shit you are bringing to it as you miss the actual point of the show.

>show is bad because it's not the kind of show I wanted it to be
You're kind of stupid, you know that?

He's calling it political because he's a brainwashed Sup Forums tard with a mind that barely functions. Anything that portrays someone with brown skin as being a victim, even if it's completely realistic and literally happens in real life all the time, is political to them because they have no interests, no philosophy, no hobbies, no nothing apart from >WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH LIBERALS WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Are you people seriously so far up your own ass that you can't see the political obvious political slant this show has? This is the last episode I watched

>Anyone from a military family.

>No small business owners.

>No working-class whites.

>No elderly blacks. They're
tired of getting mugged.

>No one who knows anyone killed on 9/11.

>No one who listens to Fox News.
And you can't see the irony that no swastikas were painted when a muslim helped by his family gunned down 50 faggots. And it's not unfairly judging brown people, look at how faggots are treated in Muslim countries. Turkey which is supposed to be a moderate country had a controversy about this recently. Muslims are cancer. Only naive dumb liberals like the show runners try to portray them as dindu nuffins and innocent victims
> no interests, no philosophy, no hobbies, no nothing

Now this is grade A projection.

I think you're making more of it than is actually there. The political messages in the show are honestly pretty sidelined, the commentary is much more about how the criminal justice system simply doesn't do the job it's supposed to do in this country, which isn't a partisan thing.

Alt-righters have this tendency to hyperfocus on tiny little details in things that offend their sensibilities and dismiss everything else, which is the exact same lapse in critical thinking you see from tumblr SJW types. This is why nobody takes you seriously.

Don't identify as alt-right, don't even know what alt-right means exactly..

But you're seriously too far up your own ass if you can't see the shit being peddled in television lately. This show especially.

The only apolitical television I've seen recently is Stranger Things.

Mean, the lawyer literally said that anyone who is working class white or listens to Fox News can't be a credible juror.

I think you are falling for a false flag

literally just said
>this show doesn't have any characters who watches fox news

you're just arguing with another libcuck playing pretend

Working class, low IQ whites are exactly the demographic which has people who somehow believe they're justified in blaming some random Arab because some other random Arab committed a crime. If you even vaguely defend this sort of anti-intellectual, deliberate stupidity then you're stupid. End of story. Unfortunately for you, you can't argue this since 9/11 happened and we saw this occur, you fat fucking moron.

>Don't identify as alt-right, don't even know what alt-right means exactly..
If it shitposts like a duck

>Mean, the lawyer literally said that anyone who is working class white or listens to Fox News can't be a credible juror.
That isn't what he was saying at all. He's just talking about the demographics that are likely to give them a good outcome in the jury pool, in a very cynical way. In the exact same scene he made a stab about how "urban young ladies" are likely to support a minority defendant regardless of the evidence, but I notice you breezed right over that.

No you idiot those are lines from the show. They're discussing that working class whites and people who watch fox news aren't credible jurors.

>he made a stab about how "urban young ladies" are likely to support a minority defendant regardless of the evidence, but I notice you breezed right over that.

This is probably the funniest shit about Sup Forums, the way they flat out ignore every single thing that runs antithetical to their victim complex. They constantly cry about how blacks aren't shown as prisoners, too. Funny how they skip right over that aspect of the show too to complain about some other conveniently "political" statement the show is making.

I think I see the issue here
you took stone's entire bit about jury selection, and then you added your own bit there about "being a credible juror"

no, that's not what he said
what he said is jury selection is about getting rid of your worst nightmare
he was literally talking about the jury selection process being a matter of what side can rig it in their favor most effectively
he was listing and identifying any type of person who would in any way present a "hard sell" when it comes to trying to sell their story

i.e. his entire speech was presented to us, the viewer, for the fucking explicite purpose of highlighting how broken the system is

you know, the entire fucking purpose of the show.

so when you start actually listening to the words being said instead of hearing what you want to hear then appending whatever significance you want to it so it adheres to your narrative maybe you'll get a little more out of whatever you choose to watch

>can't be a credible juror
get the fuck out of here.

>Unfortunately for you, you can't argue this since 9/11 happened and we saw this occur, you fat fucking moron.

Yeah i forgot muslims were the real victims of 9/11

That's his entire point you fucking idiot. Working class whites and fox news viewers are so bigoted they will put this innocent young brown man in jail.

Then paint swastikas in his neighborhood.

Which didn't fucking happen even when a Muslim did something far far worse than what this very poorly timed show is about.

The victims of 9/11 were as follows, in order of worst experience

>The families of the victims
>The victims
>Anyone who looks sort of like their family comes from the Middle East
>.
>.
>.
>.
>.
>Fat, dumb, jingoistic, collectivist 80 IQ from Sup Forums who suddenly attaches the flag to his car's antenna and starts screaming about brown people because his staggeringly low intellect doesn't allow for the nuance required to differentiate between people who committed crimes and people who didn't

I mean if you're sincerely arguing that Arab kid #567 who got mercilessly bullied in school and his family who got harassed because some other Arab committed a crime weren't among the victims of 9/11 then your brain is mush. You think this is a political statement rather than just a logical one because alt-rightists are SJWs.

Assuming you're not just baiting here, you might seriously be too dumb for this show. One of the CSIs might be more your speed, I think there's a pretty good selection these days.

>Intellegent television for intelligent people such as myself

no you fucking moron
stone is and has always been about getting his client off at all costs, where in the HOT FUCK did you ever hear he thought his client was innocent?

what the fuck show have you been watching?
do you remember when he talked in front of that classroom? do you remember what HE FUCKING DESCRIBED HIS JOB AS? Do you remember what the children were saying to him?

He doesn't defend innocence, he fucking gets.
people.
off.
period.

his speech wasn't about "gee who's trustworthy, who's a real good soul who can look past the exterior to see the truth deep inside"

he doesn't give two fucks about truth, his speech was about FINDING THE FUCKING PEOPLE WHO WILL GET HIS CLIENT OFF, and GETTING RID OF ANYONE WHO WILL MAKE IT DIFFICULT TO GET HIS CLIENT OFF

how can you be this fucking stupid jesus fucking christ, the show could not have made this any more explicit without just having him say "shut the fuck up nas, I don't want to hear anything about your actual story of what actually happened, I need wiggle room to do my job" OH WAIT THE SHOW LITERALLY FUCKING SAID THAT

this is tough to grasp I know, but just because I think you're too dumb to understand the show doesn't mean I think the show is very smart or insightful at all.

that burn tho

Calm the fuck down you bumbling moron.

Describing random scenes in all caps doesn't make you look intelligent, as you say you are.

I get the point of the show is DA SYSTEM IS BROKEN. That was the entire fucking 100s of episodes of the Wire which has some of the same actors. Not really interested in all of that.

But you people are seriously denying that the show has a heavy slant. You just had this year, a muslim did something far far worse. And he was helped by his wife his family. His family weren't dindus. So where are the swastikas in real life, the backlash?

This is how out of touch you "intellegent" people are and how out of touch this show is. It's basically worthless

It has no slant at all, it's just portraying objectively what happens when an Arab gets convicted of murdering a white person in the United States. It's an interesting story, and any political message you take out of it is purely projection of your own obsession with the boring, moron-tier hobby of identity politics.

>he still thinks only one person is calling him out on his hilarious inability to understand a basic fucking narrative

also "where are the swastikas in real life?"
here's a brainwave for you: spray-painting shit doesn't make the news

google.ca/search?q=anti islamic graffiti&rlz=1C1GIWA_enCA581CA581&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjln5Sr-9bOAhWI9R4KHaJQAIsQ_AUICCgB&biw=1033&bih=990

that shit doesn't stop
just because you live in an area where graffiti isn't prevalent doesn't mean it's not happening.

>you "intelligent" people

nobody is claiming any special intelligence anywhere here, friend

everyone's just pointing out your apparent lack of basic cognitive function

>and any political message

But the very message you retards are describing here that the system is broken and muslims are the real victims IS A POLITICAL MESSAGE.

How stupid can you be

When you type anything in google you get a million images, seriously go fuck yourself

>the system is broken
Is not a partisan message. People on both ends of the spectrum pretty much agree on this.

>muslims are the real victims
Isn't really a theme in the show at all, and is basically something you're painting onto the narrative because you like having things to be upset about.

Christ, you are an awful person in every sense of the word. Back to your containment board.

that's because... there's a million images of it?
fucking lol
>there's none of this thing!
>okay yeah, sure, there's actually millions of photos of this thing, but that's just because google images makes it really easy to find
like actually how do you function

lmao. I'm calmly trying to discuss this show I don't really like , do you see the language and insults you "good people" are hurling? The assumptions you're making? Look in the mirror pal

>after that shit in paris where were the swastikas

gee it turns out they were right fucking there

you do know that going out of your way to remain ignorant of something's existence is not actually the foundation for an argument, right?

the insults are because you've done nothing but make baseless points and claims founded entirely misinterpretation and misrepresentation, and every time you're corrected you double down on your initial stance while claiming that not accepting your erroneous points as valid is evidence of some sort of conspiracy

and there's a place where that kind of behaviour is not only encouraged but the absolute norm

and that place is

>has to steal images from France to prove his point

LMFAO

Do you guys think this show would be more popular if James Gandolfini was playing Turturos role as originally intended?
Do you think we would get torrents on time?

I actually really like turturro in the roll
it would definitely have a very different feel with gandolfini, I don't know how it would have affected its popularity but it would have been interesting to see.

>I actually really like turturro in the roll
Dont get me wrong hes great. Not my point though

It's not a crime to find a religion or an ideology dangerous and... wrong.

I actually can't imagine Gandolfini in the role. It would be a totally different show.

anyone got a webm of that of that dude getting his carotid artery cut?
that whole sequence was very satisfying

This show is not about Paris fuckface it's about America. Or did you cucksuckers already forgot about the biggest terrorist attack since 9/11, on LBGT club.

>it's about America
Its about the criminal justice system.

Isn't it obvious?

The stepdad hired the prison gang to kill the girl, which is why the leader feels bad and is taking Naz under his wing.

For the last time they arent going to do it the same as the original show, retard