What´s your excuse for not investing 10% or more of your income in stocks every month?

What´s your excuse for not investing 10% or more of your income in stocks every month?

>7-11% return per year in the long run
>no real knowledge needed to pick good stocks (efficient market)
>your money will grow exponentially
>in 10-25 years your stocks will make you as much money as your day job

Other urls found in this thread:

wildonionblog.wordpress.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

you fucking cuck. you genuinely think you can just
pick a blue chip stock and make shit tons of cash?

>OP watches the wolf of wall street.
>asks his mom to set up a robinhood account with $100
>YOLOS
>puts all into AMD
>gains or 2 weeks
> sells and claims to be fucking jesus.
>buys options
>OPs mom beats him because they now owe over $1000
>no chicken tendies for you.

>Buying imaginary things with worthless money
How is this working out for you?
Oh right, you're on Sup Forums fairly self-explanatory.

>you fucking cuck. you genuinely think you can just pick a blue chip stock and make shit tons of cash?

(sorry for bad english first of all)
As i said, 7-11% per year in the long run. This is the average of most stock markets. A stocks value in the average estimate of mostly professional investors, financial institutions and banks. Pretty much none can beat the stock market in the long run. Which mean that pretty much anyone can get an average return in the long run. Over the past 7 years I´ve made 11% average return per year and i´m not even sure what they companies i invest in do, i just pick them at random. Diversify your portfolio and you will make average returns.

"Buying imaginary things with worthless money
How is this working out for you?"

Pretty good. I work full time and 2 years ago I made 44% of all my money from the stock market (i.e doing nothing) and last year the figure was 50%. Pretty soon I can just quit my day job and do whatever I want.

I work in a warehouse btw, making shit money from that.... made a fair amont from selling my apartment so thats most of my base capital that went into stocks

you don´t have to be jelly that you haven´t done the same, you can start right now

While I do agree with you generally (majored in finance but I work as an accountant), 10% isn't really do able for a lot of people. Hell, even I've been pretty lax with my investments lately outside of my 4% w match on my 401k.

I'd advise people not to put a ton of money into the market right now. Buying up index funds every month a little at a time is still a good idea, but make sure they're the right kind of funds (ie low cost index funds) and make sure you've got some good diversification going on.

That being said, although the market has been very up lately, a lot of those gains have been concentrated on the top 15 or so companies, and mostly in the tech sector. Most of the market is flat or barely up. This does not bode very well for the short to medium term.

I actually really like the idea of passive income at the moment. PHK is the pimco high income fund, which pays a monthly dividend of I think 8 or 9 cents a share, I bought some a couple years ago and it's up slightly in share price and it's probably paid me a couple of bucks per share on top of that.

because I dont have income. except from my investments... and thats reinvested in total

>implying you invest directly
nigga gtfo if you have less than 100000 to drop on a single company's stock and its not well researched its not worth the trouble and chance of loss buying indiv. stocks or bonds even for that matter. index funds and mutuals. you can never achieve the diversification that an index or mutf fund would bring you. and brokerage costs would fucking eat you alive if you tried to get the same diversification buying individual stocks

> hur dur picking one stock

Buy a low management expense index fund and let it ride. If all you do is match the broad market, you don't have to worry.

Over 30 year spans you'll net an average of between 10-12%. That shit is proven.

this guy gets it. the market always moves forward, and therefore like op mentioned dollar cost averaging is the best option

Yeah man why wouldn't you buy into the market peak?

Lol

Where do you work, op?

Agree that it's generally not worth it, HOWEVER the exception now is Robinhood the app. Zero fees, no minimum, can make all those fun risky plays on JNUG with as much or as little as you want.

But yeah, index funds with low expense ratios are really the way to go for long term, especially if you're not willing to do a lot of foot work and research on your own.

>Yeah man why wouldn't you buy into the market peak?
I'm not OP, I see your point, but dollar cost averaging is fucking number magic that actually makes it worth to continuously spend bc you're approaching it from the perspective of more shares more gainz so it evens out later when the market peaks even higher

Bingo.

It's mind boggling that they don't teach this shit in highschool. They might spend a period mentioning it.. But no details.

Also if you get a job with a pension matching plan.. Take advantage of it asap. That's an instant return on investment for the money you put in.

Because I'm smart and I invest in REAL ESTATE. Get on my level. Stocks are for sheep.

IF someone can get on your level.

Real estate has huge time frame swings in risk. Not everyone can afford to ride out a decade of property depreciation to gain the delayed appreciation.

I am paying down my debt and building my savings to a level which can sustain my expenses for 6 months. Once that is achieved I will begin investing.

Nice, haven't heard of that. I'm actually a college student majoring in accounting rn, so what little i have to invest around 100k has come from close family death & life insurance sum. reading ben grahams book rn. shits absolutely dry as hell but its value can't be discounted

this is my excuse wildonionblog.wordpress.com/

Because I hate jews

My personal basic financial growth plan is something along the lines of have a CMA and a Roth; the cma is large enough that the annual gain on it is enough to skim the top and add it to my roth to get the yearly max and still take advantage of roth type account for tax etc.

No, if you go long with the knowledge that the market is about to roll over, that's the worst option. It's worse than buying your own short, because at least in the latter you can write off the loss and you still ger dividends anyway.

Buy ag commodities, futures, options, whatever and wait for a 15+% correction in equities before selling.

Dude, you are doing it right. I'm the finance major working as an accountant now, you've got a good nest egg and great career prospects and you seem smart enough to do well with it.

Just don't panic sell too much if there is a large drop in the next year or two.