How does one give up drinking or drink significantly less? personal victory stories?

how does one give up drinking or drink significantly less? personal victory stories?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/k1IyGkC2qEM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

step 1)
drink less

that's it.
Well maybe identify the reasons why you drink and possibly replace the bewerages with something else. I heard meth works lololo

but i like my teeth T__T

I did a paid drug trial for ibudilast, it not only cured my drinking, but also gambling.

But,

google "tham krabok" its free but its in Thailand

I wen't from everyday dickhead to only drinking one day out of every week.

No drinking outside of a 24 hour period.

Have kept it up for a few months now.

how did you change and what made you change?

personal drive is my story. very similar to this I drink 2 or 3 times a week though. used to be every day, but I'm getting it under control slowly. I just fucking love getting wasted man. And its never casually drinking ever. I always get fucking torched. Even now. Its another thing I need to work on.

Smoke weed

isnt that trading one vice for another?

expanding on this, I also try not to drink alone as much. Limit that to 1 day

I actually am on my third week sober from a 5th almost everyday. The biggest things I found that help is removing yourself from scenes around a lot of drinking. Setting a goal to work towards non alcohol related like getting better at something you do now, unless you attribute that to drinking ie Video gaming is hard for me without drinking. I got so used to drinking while gaming, so I reduced my time gaming. The last is occupying the time I normally would drink with something else. I didn't stop cold turkey, took about 6 months. Went from a 5th a day, to up to 5 times a week, then four etc. when I got to 2 days a week I cut the amount from a 5th to a pint and a couple shooters. Erased the shooters, then to half pint. Now I'm 3 weeks sober. Hope that helps user! Was doing that for 8 years.

I had to use sheer willpower. It's not easy but doable. Also helped that I have family that died from alcohol so it motivated me.

Sauce?

OP here, socially i drink but the most fun is alone and getting black out drunk. must be depression

help a lot thanks!

wtf did someone ruin that pic by shopping the tits

just randomly found her on here

get alcohol poisoning and almost die that's what got me to stop drinking

Book yourself a few weeks away, do some outdoor volunteering or something where there's no sauce

Come back clean and never touch it again.

You have to do it yourself. People can help you, but only you can make the choice.

i thought about trying to detox in the woods or something. i work like a dog so i would probably have to quit my job

I hear you. I'm only ever able to stop for a significant amount of time (about a week) after a particularly bad hangover lasting 2 days.

yeah youre right

I agree 100% man. Its my problem as well. I agree with My goals have been laying off of the booze everyday. Ive done really well I'd say, but god damn there are some days where I just cant help myself and drink half a case. Im a beer drinking mostly, and Im thankful for that. I do have a liquor night about twice a month though and those usually dont end well.

put half of what you spend on alcohol weekly in a jar; that's your alcohol budget for the week

in a month, half it again, etc

when you can physically see your budget it's easier to pull back. never catch yourself with a card in a liquor store

if you're american that fucks it up a little since they can get alcohooch nearly anywhere, so it requires a little more restraint

If you've been drinking for a long time you probably have a chemical dependency. I'm sure some user can let you know what to do if that's the case.

beer takes too long. but i love beer as well. i swear i just have to drink so much so if i am on a mission i go for whiskey. but damn i love beer

cool ill try it out

about 3.5 years

Amen /bro
As we speak I'm cracking some cold ones with myself.

Got gastroenteritis and doctor said to knock it off while I healed, coudn't really eat anything, shitting constantly.

Just kept it going after that, my girl is a pretty stauch alco too. so she kind of went along with it, and she drinks much less now, but more than me.

I think it's possible that I got gastro from shoving my hand down my nuts after not having a shower for a three day binge with a metal guitarist.

I was fascinated with how bad the smell of the corpse slime I discovered was, and was trying to offer it to a third dude to sniff.

It seemed like a good idea at the time.

This should explain some of the many reasons I cut back on drinking.

Find out when/why you drink. Try to avoid those situations or mentally work out what's triggering it and why it's making you think you need to drink.

For example, if you only drink at night, don' go food shopping at night.

And drink something else, like soda or tea. You're going to need a substitute addiction.

i'm 3 blue moons down and starting on wild turkey and double black

Go to AA meetings. Do what they suggest. Make friends there. Works for me. 30+ years no drink no drugs. Takes some effort but worth it

My personal victory began with never starting
Instead I'm addicted to videogames

Long posting 3 weeker here, I will get the lust for a drink still, but I will only get one and only one at dinner, but by golly it will be something damn good. I tried a makers mark with an auju ice cube with my beef brisket yesterday. I make sure it will be a sipping drink, otherwise I will feel the alcohol effect which makes me want it. It is a struggle bus, but welcome aboard if you have the drive to try man.

don't keep booze around the house and/or find a substitute

I'm 5 Bud Light Limes (call me a faggot please) and I'm about to start on some Canadian Club 12 year Single Barrel.

true. i guess i drink because i am bored and it is an escape from work and a shitty reality. when i used to work out i didnt drink as much but i have been so tired from work that i dont as often. this is a lame excuse but hell maybe i just need to go for a drive or something when i have the urge

Don't drink a lot to begin with. Or alternate addictions :^)

This user has left the salient fact that 'scenes' where you drink are pretty much all of them as soon as you leave your front door.

There os no getting around that life is way more boring when you quit or cut back.

It may be worthwhile considering other types of mild drugs to fill the hole if you are not the sober type of person, but want to drink less.

Micro dosing LSD or weed, shrooms or similar may be of assistance, though shrooms can be incredibly powerful and should be used with caution.

this is also extremely important. I found myself bored and just decided to get drunk if there was spare booze. even if it wasn't enough to get drunk, id drink it as fast as possible to try and catch a buzz at least.

Great point, iced tea is my sub.

op here, makers mark was my go to for a really long time. good shit

pussy.

my dad drinks that shit. ehh i could maybe have one by the pool. whatever gets your rocks off

Replacing a crutch with a crutch is always a bad idea. When you really need to fix the ankle that is broken.

its just soft as fuck. I prefer a Budweiser or Blue Moon. Both tickle my fancy well enough.

alright, you asked for it, faggot

if drug testing isnt an issue, replacing alcohol with marijuana is preferable IMO. Drug testing is random and frequent at my place of employment so im a functional alcoholic. Id rather be a functional stoner but its not an option.

fuck check this
>I ᖴᑌᑕK TOᑎIGᕼT . ᑕOᗰ

youtu.be/k1IyGkC2qEM

You must be real fun at parties pal. What you see as a crutch, I see as a tool. Come at me bible bro.

i get drug tested at least once a year or i would try weed more often

LSD does not show in drug screens. I think most natural hallucinogens don't.

my friend is trying to get me to try acid but he lives really far away

What you see as a tool isn't useful for everyone. You don't help someone with an injury by giving another. Far from bible bro btw but I appreciate the compliment. Wish I could be blind to the world like them

I get drug tested once every other month probably because my company is safety sensitive. Im a pretty big guy too, 5'8 205, and it stays in my system for longer. My tests are random, would yours be as well?

I'm drunk right now... is that a victory story?

"natural"
do psychedelic mushrooms before that nonsense.

mine are random, usually happens in November though once a year but i am too freaked out to try it more than a few times a year, if i crashed my truck or something i think they would do it right after

being an aircraft mechanic has its ups and downs. the most negative part is that I can no longer partake in the devils lettuce.

What gets me back into drinking more than anything else is food. Oh, we're having a bbq? Gotta have cold beer. Ooh, a nice steak? A waste without red wine. Chinese? Beer again. Nice fish? Gotta have a white wine with that one.

It's derived from a fucking mould you turnip. Ergotamine, from ergot.

Amen man. I'm and I understand completely. If anything that I do even looks slightly off, they are making me piss in a cup the next day.

mold*
you stupid nigger.

Honestly op? Kratom. Just don't get addicted to that instead

Don't drink during weekdays and run.

LSD is synthetic, has to be man made, LSA on the other hand is not.

>want to the doctor
> stomach hurts
>do a bunch of tests
> DR. man comes back
>"user, your stomach is fucked. how much is you drinking.
>a lot
>"stop that."

> stopped cold turkey for 9 months. now i drink ones in awhile and newer strait.

where can i get some?

Eh honestly i saw what alcohol was doing to myself and creating my life more shitty and not to mention i drank more to try to push my problems away but now im more head on with my issues.. I say put the bottle down and realize what good has come of it or all the time u drank your life down the drain... Maybe have some good memories but it aint cool to abuse anything ..

>shoving my hand down my nuts

yeah i agree...

Mold is an Americanised spelling you silly cunt. Americans don't speak english, the rest of us do. So essentially, get fucked.

remember when we kicked your faggot asses out of the new world? lol go see a dentist

Fucking love it user

>be me
>was drinking at a buddies house playing smash and decided fuck this we should go to the arcade
>was drinking and driving and hit some dudes car from behind
>ohshitimdrinkinganddriving.jpeg
>dipped the fuck out
>smashed into a sign
>airbagshavepowderinthem?.webm
>cops come and I get a DUI and Fleeing the scene of an accident
>no more alcohol for me trial date coming up soon

>the rest of us
you're, as they say in your version of English, a dumb cunt. Or in Murica, a stupid fucking nigger

I didn't say I was british. I said the rest of the world speak correct english.

Like the H in herb is not silent. Erb sound like something a pretentious teenage girl came up with after too many wine coolers.

Enjoy your republicunt nuclear holocaust.

Find a good woman who doesn't judge or berate you for your reckless, self-destructive drinking habits, even if you get so drunk you piss in the bed you both share. See the concern in her eyes when she watches you disappear inside a bottle night after night. Feel her palpable relief when you tell her you're going to quit cold turkey. Rely on her constant praise and encouragement when you make it another day, another week, another month without taking a drink. Never let her down.

That's what worked for me.

Masha needs no improvement. This photo is blasphemy.

To be fair Herbert has the h sound :p funny to say it the other way tho

Leaf here. What's a 5th?

i kind of have that. i think i need to disappoint her more to get to that point though, when iget drunk i dont get crazy i just sleep and become silent and stoic at parties. just the worst lol

750ml

750 ml, 2 pints

Don't know your situation but with me I realized that drinking was going to have me lose the woman I can't live without. She drives me and I limit my drinking. I hate the thought of her with another man.

Also Im drinking a 2.6 every day. Got any tips to stop me?

2.4 my bad

Actually, "you're" is in every version, you just don't know how to apply it properly.
That is just your american edumacation showing.

So too, your hardcore keyboard warrior use of racial slurs. We all know you would be too frightened to use that word in public.

Why don't you go and absorb a bud light through the mucus membranes of your pendulous arsehole.

Oh fuck i was right the first time.

Good for you, because finding someone who actually, really gives a shit about you is the hardest part. If you've got that, you can make it.

What's a 2.6?

Sober 5 years. Before I quit, I was drinking about 1/2 gallon of whiskey per day. Here's how I got sober:

1) Medical detox in the hospital. This was necessary because if I quit drinking cold-turkey on my own I would have had a seizure and died.

2) Inpatient rehab for 4 months. AA-based. Clients did all the work there, including the cooking, cleaning, and farm labor. IE, it was not a country club.

3) Moved into a sober house after graduating rehab. Lived there for 2.5 years.

4) Active participant in AA this entire time. 7-9 meetings per week for the first couple years. About 5 meetings per week now.

Getting sober was one of the best things that I've done. I actually just graduated from a top 5 law school this past May and am (should be) studying for the bar exam.

Good luck.

She was already with another man, she needed one who wasn't too drunk to get it up all the time, sorry to have to break it to you pussy.

2 pints of whiskey?

>drinking beer

cider master race