What if Earth itself is our God? We are created from it, and when we die, we return to it

What if Earth itself is our God? We are created from it, and when we die, we return to it.

That makes absolutely no sense.

you make no sense

I make dollars

the Earth has at least twice fucked us when we were foolish in the dust bowl and global warming

Gaia?

hell yeah

atheists should love this shit, it disproves a Christian God, and gives their death meaning (returning to the Earth brings new life)

Im with you bro, we do not realize how we should be worshipping mother earth and the sun as our gods, like every other ancient civilization did before the beard dude came.

But here we are today worshipping jesus, satan , Katy perry, Tay Tay or Emma....

Im gonna go look for that celebs bread now.

retcon ftw

sure you're facetious, but doesn't it make some sense that you (if not worship) but praise that which sustains your life

nice dubs btw

>Beetledubs

>worshipping mother earth and the sun as our gods

the Sun could also be our God since literally all our energy comes from it besides geothermal...which probably came from the Sun somehow originally

>and when we die, we return to it.
which means, WE DIE. thats not really, what religious people want

This is why I want to be buried with out a coffin with a tree planted on top

>facetious
Had to look for that one, but yes. I do believe in what i posted (vegan and trying to be sustainable) what i meant is that our new generations couldnt care less.

Meh, the Bible says the Earth always was Gods footstool. Admire the geology but find life and death despicable.

OP have you played Final Fantasy 7?

I've only played about a third of it

You sure about that?

Isn't this the basis for animism?

yes. if the earth is god and we continue to exist in another form on and AS earth, we are not human anymore. we have lost our brain, memory, body, everything. if physical matter is everything, that exists, then it is important for humans to live in a very distinct form, which is you. if that changes, you are considered dead

I posted the picture in an attempt at a counter-point.
The central objective of Buddhism is to become one with the universe, that is to relinquish everything about the self so that what used to be the self integrates with everything. Buddhism is considered a religion that people follow. Therefore, not all religious people are averse to the idea of nonexistence.

Also, if the Abrahamic God cares so much about humans' existence, why did it take him six days to get that started with one guy?

>The central objective of Buddhism is to become one with the universe, that is to relinquish everything about the self so that what used to be the self integrates with everything.
thats nothing physical. so god is not "the earth" in this case.
i don't get your point