Hey Sup Forums I was chatting with some friends, and we were on the topic of Fallout games...

Hey Sup Forums I was chatting with some friends, and we were on the topic of Fallout games. I personally believe New Vegas was the best of the FPS Fallout games. Friend seems to think 4 was the best. I'd like to find out what you nigs think. So best Fallout game thread

Is this b8?

I've only ever played New Vegas on the 360 and I thought it was fine but had a lot of missed potential.

No I'm genuinely curious, I think 4 cut out a LOT that made it a Fallout game. Like to summarize it felt like a generic FPS with the Fallout logo slapped on it.

I played it a lot on PC and I still find some replayability in it. Like I just got really bored with 4 it seemed super repetitive after the first few hours

I agree new vegas is superior in terms of of the missions and the gameplay. The only thing 4 has on it is the customizable weapons/armor and obviously graphics. Add the two things to new vegas and its god tier.

I agree. Similarly I was excited for the settlement crafting, then it turned out to be shittier Minecraft with a god awful UI

I personally love NV with its full dlcs and mods.
I still play that game from time to time and enjoy the shit out of it.
Its atmosphere, the story, the locations. Best in my opinion

Can never beat the original 2.

Same! My friend argued that the environment was empty and boring. But I felt like everything that was there, was intentional and the actual locations had a lot to them

Never played the originals, I'm sure they're pretty interesting just never got around to playing them

Yeah, I didnt mind any of the emptier areas, what you expect in the Mojave after a world nuclear war? Trees and rivers?
That game did it just right and I love it.
If they did a revamped version like skyrim got, I would get that and play it all over again.
Plus, you can add massive new areas and lost of playtime just by modding or doing the DLCs

New Vegas was pretty fuckin rad. Especially with DLCs and mods. The only thing I didn't like was how spread out everything was. I mean, I know it's the desert, and it's after a nuclear war, but still. The game had good content, but it wasn't very dense. It felt empty. One thing I immediately liked about Fallout 4 was city blocks packed with enemies and locations.

>chatting with some friends.
Stop lying OP.

The survival mode in vegas was great.

But you're both wrong. 3 was the best.

Dude play fallout 3 new year edition
You won't be disappointed

Playing through NV for the first time after being introduced to fallout with 4 and I can honestly say that NV is the better overall game. Gunplay, graphics, and customization are 4's only advantages. Settlements are great too though but that's a little more subjective.

To be honest , 4 is nothing compared to NV and 3 to me but this is 100% personal preference. I enjoy nostalgia of fallout 3 exploration but when I bought fallout 4 I was with my ex who was using me for money and cheating on me used to play it with me so I just rather play 3. ten penny tower and megaton rivet city everything is so fucking amazing but I haven't tried NV as much because I have an obsession for fallout 3

New Vegas was best.

I liked fallout 4 best, gameplay was really fun and main story was great. New vegas had better side stuff though and better dlc for sure.

I've played it, it's my second favorite. The whole game was really good but for some reason it seems a bit clunkier. The DLC's were all outstanding and the overall map was interesting.

You can tell that 4 had alot of noobs on the dev team who have obviously never played a fallout game before and decided to put alot of autistic shit into it like giving you power armor 15 minutes into the fucking game.
Just like all the 40 year old faggot devs at blizzard for warcraft. I doubt those fucking people even play videogames

3 was the best hands down.

Normies are easily immersed and don't think to hard about story or rpg elements so ofc your friend will prefer F4 since it has the best graphics and gunplay (debatable).

I have fallout 3 for xbox with all dlcs and currently downloading it for pc so I can mod it
I have fallout new vegas vanilla for xbox and ultimate edition for pc with a shit ton of mods.
I want to geth the "tale of two wastelands" mod and am curently playing project brazil.
I love these games so fucking much

I don't really think it's debatable. New Vegas was god tier in terms of storytelling, characters, map, design, etc.

Fallout 4 was just Call of Duty with a Fallout skin and a shitty Minecraft mode to make the eight year olds feel better.

Absolutely New Vegas was the best.

fuck check this
>I ᖴᑌᑕK TOᑎIGᕼT . ᑕOᗰ

New Vegas is a better rpg than FO3 , but FO3 has a special place in heart, as my first Fallout.

This. The originals are fucking awesome.

the ending to new vegas was utter shit but the game is fine

fallout 4 didnt live up 2 expectations

the best fallout was 3 GOTYE

Fallout 3 had a better setting and story and all that, but Fallout NV had better game play

)-:

The hype on fallout 4 was very big, i think thats one of the things that afected the game for the worse.

>Ending to NV was shit
>Recommends 3
I didn't hate 3, but that fucking ending was more than enough to kill the game.

Fallout 3 took a huge dump on the series. FNV bring back good memories.

New vegas for sure . I just just wish new vegas power armor worked like 4's did . That shit made me feel reall bad ass

>new vegas for general gameplay
>dc wasteland for story
>4 for when you wanted to play fallout minecraft
i got to like lvl 20 building shit in sanctuary without leaving a 3 grid radius. fallout 4 sucked.

FONV was my overall favorite, FO3 was the best open-world juicy-content-under-every-rock type, FO2 was the best storyline and RPG, FO1 was the sex since it was the first, FOT was quirky and fun, FO4 was some modern warfare crap courtesy of Bethesda's recent make-games-for-the-drooling-mouth-breathers approach but it was better than... fallout brotherhood of steel... if you don't know what that is trust me, ignorance is well and truly bliss in this regard

Skyrim was the best Fallout game.

Anyone who thinks Fallout 4 was the best Fallout is genuinely not someone worth paying any attention to.

You can tell a shit load about a person from their Fallout preference. True old-school RPG appreciators will always pick F2.
Younger RPG fans will pick NV.
Faggots will pick 4.

pretentious neckbeards pick FO2 and judge people on video games

Kek. Skyrim is superior to FO4. I would say 3 and NV were superior to oblivion, maybe morrowing too.

what the fuck are you saying about oblivion?

This game series is literally ass. It gets boring so fucking fast and nothing but a fucking walking sim, of course it is made by bethesda so that makes sense. At least skyrim is fun sometimes

>made by bethesda
silly bait

new vegas was fun as hell it had times of impossible lag almost game breaking but fallout 4 never had that fallout feel it was a good game just not a good fallout game if u kinda understand

>IIT Todd Howard tricks faggots into telling him how to craft the next fallout title.

Congrats
This genuinely made me sad

That FO 3 and NV are superior. Problem?

>I was chatting with some friends
stopped reading

Kek

Fallout 3 is the best fallout game of all time hands down.

New Vegas with project nevada mod installed = Fallout at its best.

4 was ok. 3 played like a shitty mod for oblivion. Havent touched any others

kek my 8 y/o nephew is actually obsessed with fallout 4 and call of duty

The dubs of truth.

i loved new vegas, by far my favorite out of all of them.

>send the fuckin normie away

yeah because having a different opinion is always bait right? Fuck off faggot

Am I supposed to care? Because I don't :)

Don't insult yourself like that buddy, you'll see the light one day

I like NV. It was only after playing it i wound up hating Fallout 3, and Fallout 4 was pure shit.

new Vegas because the quests were actually interesting and the narrative wasn't forced on me as hard as 3 or 4

Haven't played 4 yet because I've been playing/modding NV for the past three fucking years. I'll never be done.

your life must suck as well as your taste

Your friend is a casual fag

this

People say this was the best game, but the story was so boring it's the only one I haven't finished.

4 is DEFINITELY not the best.

You can make arguments for New Vegas and for Fallout 3, maybe even Fallout 2. IMO 3 is the best, but NV is also great.

Your friend is retarded, though, FO4 was good but nowhere near 3 or NV.

fallout nv & fallout 2
fallout 3
fallout 1
fallout brotherhoodofsteel
fallout 4

I really disliked fallout 4, couldn't get into it at all, voices and the set characters ruined it for me, I wanna play multiple builds and rp with different builds but you cant in 4 as you are given a set background.

THE CARFTING SETTLEMENT BULLSHIT DREW AWAY FROM FALLOUTS TOUCH. FALLLLLOUT 4 IS THE LEAST FALLOUT OUT OF ALL THE FALOUT GEOAMSES AAAAHAHAHHAHAH

they're the best

I only played FO3 and new vegas.
(And skyrim)

I'm such a hoarder, game would crash 40% into the story line.

Containers that have 1000's of items which take 2 to 3 minutes just to open.

This happens in both console and PC versions.

Kinda put off them because of that. Never even attempted FO4.

4 is okay, NV is superior.

I was bored of Fallout 4 in 6 hours.
Fallout NV defiantly was more enjoyable in my experience.

Fallout 4 is a good game, but it's not really a good "Fallout" game.

Bitch, I'm 45. I have 900+ palying solly on TF2. Full red, level 150.

pic related...

you could probably skip fo 1 due to the horrendous controls. fo 2 is def worth it. never actually finished tribes, but bos was shit. fo 3 had a great story line but so many damn glitches. fo nv had fantastic gameplay but still had the glitches from fo 3. fo 4 was shit tier stupidity imho. bethesda murdered a good plot with shitty acting and mediocre gameplay so you could play town mayor. you had to pay extra to make fo 4 somewhat enjoyable. fo 5 had better be god tier.

>rip adam adamowicz (pic related)

Only 2 things i didnt like about 4.
1.Ron Perlman not doing any narration.
2.The world felt kind of small to me. Idk why but it didnt feel as expansive as NV.

Both fantastic games though anyway.

You know what? I'm just happy Fallout is back. I waited 10 years for Fallout 3. I wasn't disappointed. Loved New Vegas, Loved fallout 4. Can't wait to see the next one. It'd have been nice if some of the adult themes and grittiness carried over from the originals tho.

New Vegas had weapons customisation.
And what's more it had genuinely unique unique weapons.
Sick if that fucking stupid Borderlands-esque weapon naming in 4.

The originals were awesome but compared to 3 and 4, New Vegas felt like a real sequel.

I agree that it needed more time and work put into it, but it's still probably my favourite FPS Fallout. The Legion was hurt by the sheer amount of content-cutting it received, and some parts of the wasteland felt a bit sparse, like it needed another few months of detail work. It had too many minor locations that felt under-decorated, or which only seemed to exist for the sake of having another fast travel marker.

The exploration and detailing's where I'd say Fallout 3 did better, but I had some problems with its world too (very samey aesthetically from place to place, world felt less believable and more like a theme park with "quirky" post-apocalyptic locations, etc.).

Played all of them, all thoe 1 and 2 not fully and i think 4 is the best, not by far but better.

you dont know suffering intill you play newvegas ultimate edition on ps3

new vegas is so glitchy its unplayable i got stuck in a save loop on the first task of talking to someone because I killed the whole town and it auto saved i tried again and went through the whole start thing again and it happened again so I just stopped trying, and i cant play fallout 4 cause i keep dying on the second mission all the fallout games are shit minecraft is the only game i can play

What's it like being 12 in today's cruel, cruel world?

what is this?

I think 4 was a missed opportunity.

NV with dlc's and mods is by far the best new-gen fallout.

Fucking this.
A 5 gb save that crashed every picosecond you existed.
Still played 400+ hours doing god knows what.

I used to dispise dead money with a passion the first time a played it, it took me like over 8 hours, i played it a 2nd time and beat it in like 2 and a half and fucking loved it. I also took all the gold.

FUCKING camp mcarren , crimson carivan, and freeside on ps3 were the bane of my god damn existance

i agree completely. it was better that that cock sucking gutter trash fallout 4

>mfw you play on a console

Shit, I couldn't take a step without freezing.
I'm glad I have a nice pc to play on now, but I still enjoyed every bit of time I spent on PS3.

Personally;
Fallout 1 and 2 =best of the series
Fallout 3 = #2
Fallout 4 = #3 (#1 based on visuals alone)
Fallout NV= #4

im a broke hic