Why is being transgender a mental illness?

Other urls found in this thread:

webm.land/media/2OE9.webm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Why is AIDS considered to be myth?

It's a nonacceptance of reality.

How so? What reality are they not accepting?

It's nicer than describing them as defectives.

An illness implies that a cure may be possible, where as the reality is they are mortally defective and should be euthanized

Thinking that you are the opposite gender is a denial of biological sex. Its a delusion

>deluded that I was born in the wrong body thus I should be able to multilate myself and force everyone to play along with my delusion
>why is this a mental disorder?

Gee, I wonder

Assuming this isn't a shit post and you are actually looking for real information I'll bite. "Transgender" people believe they are the opposite gender that they were born as. Their hormonal levels are totally normal, yet they have this belief and it can only be attributed to their brain /psyche. More than 50% of trans people attenmpt suicide and the rate goes even higher post gender reassignment surgery. Also, I believe (don't have the stats in front of me) they are 6 times more likely to have a parent with bipolar disorder. It's a mental illness.

The reality of their gender

Kill yourself.

Who said that?

Tell them to talk to me! I will straighten them out!

No shit? One of my friends is trans and his mother is super bi-polar. Got any papers / articles?

It's not. There's no such thing as transgender. These people are gay, but there's nothing cool or unique about being gay anymore, so they invented a new way to feel special.

What do they call tranny Turks?

Cock roaches?

This guy is totally wrong on most of what he says though...

>"Transgender" people believe they are the opposite gender that they were born as.

They clearly know they are not the opposite sex as, they wouldn't be transgender if they were. They only want to alter their body to achieve that aesthetic then transitioning socially into the female gender role.

>More than 50% of trans people attenmpt suicide and the rate goes even higher post gender reassignment surgery

This is factually wrong. Only one cohort of data (1973-1989) shows elevated suicide rates post-GRS.

1989-2001 and 2001-2010 actually show lower:

1973-1989: higher suicide rates post SRS
1989-2001: lowered rates
2001-2010: no longer statistically elevated versus normal population.

>"A closer reading of the paper shows that the increased mortality is in those who had surgery before 1989, and that mortality in trans people after 1989 is not statistically different from the general population. A recently published paper by Dr. Dhejne and colleagues shows that the regret rate for those having surgery from 2001-2010 is only 0.3%. Dr. Dhejne’s work shows that outcomes for transgender surgery have improved tremendously in the past 30 years, which supports the HHS decision to remove trans exclusions."

The reality that they are biologically male but want to pretend they are female.

/thread

Why are you so hateful?

You mean their biological sex

What else would you call mentally not identifying with your physical body and seeking to mutilate it to fit your mental state?

Oh boy another thread about these mental illness time bombs!

Problem is that most people assume the general idea of gender/sex being the same. The left pull out the dictionary when its convenient and deny it when its not, like the word racism...

They believe something that isn't real to the pint of self harm

For the same reasons that beliving you are Napolen or Jesus is a mental disorder.... Its fucking crazy!

This entire debate is contrived.

Fact: it doesn't matter, (legally, morally) whether transsexualism is right or wrong, just as it doesn't matter what one's religious beliefs are.
Fact: In a free society, a person should be able to go by the name they want, present themselves how they want, and generally do what they want so long as it doesn't violate the law.
Fact: The only reason transsexuals bother you is because you have a latent fear of accidentally getting into bed with one and then being labeled "gay".

So far this is the only good post in this thread.

When you have to ask "why" - it is one.

The reality that you were born a woman or a man. There is no guy filling spirits into fetuses who makes a mistake occasionally.

They are broken people who claim to be the opposite gender/sex

Girl pictured not trans.

What's broken about this?

It's a good question OP. I think it has to do with blunt head traumas done on the infant at its childhood. There is a correlation with childabuse and sexual deviation.

respond to

if you have to ask you are already lost

One in the same, dictionary definition. Merriam Webster.

Give me a source otherwise or get out.

>0.50 deposited into your bank account
Ignore the shill Sup Forums

The problem comes when they demand to be treated as female when they are male... You can be as delusional as you want but you cant demand I indulge you in it.

Transexuals don't bother me. I just remain unconvinced that transwomen are actual women, and transmen are actual men. If you're basing gender off of your personal feelings, then gender is a useless concept to me. I see no reason to care what a person's gender is, only their sex. And you can't change sex.

Woah, who is she???? I need to know for a.....science project.....

Roger that.

None of them think they are the opposite sex though, otherwise they wouldn't be transgender. Being transgender by definition implies you aren't the sex you want to be.

Can you explain why its bad for people to alter their appearance to fit how they want to express themselves?

Is body building degenerate? What about makeup? What about clothing? How about cosmetic surgery? Breast augmentation?

Where do you draw the line between what you can and can not do?

That's all fine and dandy until you start demanding people change laws and social norms to accommodate you

>transgender
>implying their is anything other than XX and XY
>implying you can ignore your DNA because you "feel different"

Is that a man?

The law has been changed many times to promote a specific agenda

I can walk around with a nazi tattoo in america but can't do the same in germany

Tranny's bother me because they impose upon my lifestyle by forcing themselves into media and laws and waste billions of dollars that could be going to actual mental cases

Not to mention most trannies suicide by 30 so there would be no point in even wasting that money

>hurr durr they only bother you because you're insecure

Fuck off

WE ARE UNDER ATTACK. THERE ARE ATLEAST 5 THREADS UP ABOUT TRANSGENDERS AND "CROSSDRESSIN" INGORE THE SHILLS

Its real to Billy boy.

>The reality that they are biologically male but want to pretend they are female.
>None of them think they are the opposite sex though
>Being transgender by definition implies you aren't the sex you want to be.
i think you fucked up m8

> watch me stick a ball of furr up my ass, hop around on all fours, and bark like a dog
> believe i'm a dog stuck in a man's body
> call me a dog, please

is this a mental disorder or acceptable?

> watch me chop off my dick, hop around in some high heels, and inflect my voice with a high pitch
> believe i'm a woman stuck in a man's body
> call me a woman, please

is this a mental disorder or acceptable?

Being man, or woman as sex has nothing to do with religious believes.

Do whatever you wish to yourself, but stop being an attention whore who wants green light from everybody else for their action and lifestyle choises - will never happen. imo this behaviour is even more degenerate than the fact that you want to be the opposite sex.

The reason why transsexuals bother is, is because they can't stop being attention whores who bother us with their issues. What bothers us is that they won't fucking stop with their mission to convince everyone else that they are right and seek approval fom everyone so they feel better.

Anything one does can and will be critisized by others. Grow up, stop being annoying pussies and get used to it.

No. That is a transgirl.

>perceive reality with organic ocular devices
>see benis down below
>see benis attached to own body
>see benis has testicles too
>proceed to deny reality

* What also botheres us is that they demand special rights all the freaking time.

And another.

>Thining it's not
To the looney bin with you,

Well Leaf, some people are born with a penis and others are born with a vagina. The first being called a "boy" and the latter a "girl". When a penis and a vagina meet a baby is formed. However, some people with a penis think that they are a girl and vice versa. They seem to not realize that they have either a boy or a girl part. Perhaps some of them claim that gender is socially constructed. This may have been a fair point but they often seek medicine that makes them look a different gender and begin to dress like the gender they think they are. However, this leads to a problem. Because if gender is merely a social construct, then one would not need hormones to look different, unless one was to argue that changing ones genetic disposition is also a social construct. Because of this, the notion that they are the opposite gender for realizies false short and the only logical conclusion is that they have a bit of a mental problem. Any questions, lad?

Thinking*

If some dude wants to chop off his dick and pretend he's a woman, whatever. I might even play along on occasion just to be polite.

What I object to is the actual criminalization of stating an obvious, empirical, scientific truth: men with mutilated penises are not women. A government that can get people to declare that "gender is just all in your head" can easily get people to buy equally insane shit like "war is peace" and "freedom is slavery".

Altering an appearance is one thing. Thats merely a visible facet of your being. The actually changing of your anatomy to try to reflect a dysphoric state often brought about my chemical imbalances which can be regulated is what is degernate.

All hands to battle stations, red alert enemy fire incoming, I repeat, enemy fire incoming!

Holy wall of text.
> mfw

This. Thanks. New argument I will use in my cause against madness.

The 2 chicks on ends aren't exactly making a strong case, considering they look like men in drag.

Being homosexual used to be considered mental illness. Mental illness is more defined by societal norms than anything biological.

>A thread about transgenders
>Posts a picture of a woman

Why do these retarded faggots keep doing this? Stop deluding yourselves. Shemales will never look that much like women.

It's not brought about by chemical imbalances though.

Trannies have no imbalances. They only have sexually dimorphic brain areas that are swapped:

-Limbic nucleus
-Hypothalamus behavior and structure
-Callosal Shapes
-Cortical Thickness
-Structural Connectivity

Basically trannies brains work as you would expect. They just have some areas that flipped sexually. These areas most affected are limbic and hypothalamic areas: instinct and hormones.

No it's not. Why are you lying? You're only damaging your case, by making yourself look mentally unstable.

glad we agree that trannies are mentally ill.

I'm trying to give you the talk your father never did you ungrateful shit.

So a male. Thanks for playing.

That's a tranny dude.

see:

How do you know Emily Rudd has a penis?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>webm.land/media/2OE9.webm

AAAAAAAAAAA
TRANNIES EVER WHERE Sup Forums

........that dood looks scary tbqhwy famalama

It's a famous actress, you fucking psychopath. If you're going to lie about biological females being trans, at least pick girls that aren't well-known.

........that dood looks scary tbqhwy famalama, no hate only positive vibes.

If none of the believe they are the opposite sex, why do they get surgery to physically appear to be?

If they are the gender they are born to be, how can they be trans-gender since it would just be who they are? no transition at all.

you do know that women have adams apples too right? they're just smaller/less pronounced

Why is any illness an illness? Fuck those people with polio and TB. Theres nothing wrong with them.

Fuck off maddie.
You can't pass, go fantasize about your father's dick and lesbian incest with your mom more.
t. Texas

Source that Emily Rudd is a trans?

Because it fits the definition of mental illness.

I can say I'm the Queen of Sweden,I can dress up,I can request you to call me her majesty,but that doesn't make me the Queen.

She has talked about it in a youtube video. I'll try to find it.

why is schizophrenia a mental illness?

Because generally, if you believe yourself to be something you're not, you're considered mentally ill. It was like this for a very long time.

Seriously, though, ask yourself: If someone you knew and loved insisted they were actually a frog, began to eat flies, worms, and small fish, and told you to refer to them as 'Franky Frog Hopper', you wouldn't think them to be even the slightest bit mentally ill?

So why do you think people who dress, act, and believe themselves to be the opposite gender NOT ill?

If Emily Rudd is trans, I'm done with this fucking life, I have a crush on her.

>tfw I live far away from her and I never will gently play with her strap on

Famalama, say it ain't so...ooh oh ooh oh!
Your drug is a heartbreaker...

is gender identity disorder synonymous with transsexualism?

Emily Rudd

Clearly.

>She has talked about it in a youtube video. I'll try to find it.

You're so full of shit. Stop posting these threads. You've been doing this all day. No matter how hard your sick brain wishes, the women you post are not trans.

And what I don't get is why you don't just post actual trans women. There are tons of good examples of passable, pretty trans women. But then again, I'm not mentally ill, so...

The reality that if you think your neighbour's grass is greener, the solution isn't to burn your yard down, pour couple of hundred gallons of green paint on the soil and beat up anyone refuses to call it a lawn.

Because it often goes away with the use of anti-psychotics.

why is being an american a mental illness?

You guys really are bored and find the next thing to be "involved" in. You should just kill yourselves and find out what's the next life is about.

Proof, without posting pimozide because that has only been looked at in ONE case. And it wasn't a study, it was a case report on an individual with a learning disorder and sexual paraphilia.

Let's see evidence, no pimozide.

Because these people have a tendency towards self-injury. They are egosytonic however so they don't understand that mutilating their genitals will not make them happy with who they are.

No proof? :[