Ask a Jimmy Johns General Manager anything

Ask a Jimmy Johns General Manager anything.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2xdtZ-ZksDc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

fav number

>Ask a Jimmy Johns General Manager anything.
no idea what a JJ is. bumping anyway

>captcha: boulogne police
ns

do you know of anyone having sex in your restaurant?

Dumbest reason you've had to fire someone

At the first store I worked at I actually used to bang one of my new hires. She thought it was hot to fuck her boss, I thought it was hot to fuck my employee.

did you ever fuck a girl in the ass?

Lmao, well technically the reason was he was always late. When you call the store, we get a screen with caller ID and we can attach comments to the ID. His ID had the comment say "I'm gonna be late" and every fucking time you picked up the phone when he called the store that was the reason.

The real reason is because he was filthy rich and kept using our store as his launchpad for his rap career.

Then the was the girl who asked if she could get a neck tattoo from my assistant, assistant
said yes, I came in the next day, saw that was against dress code and had to fire her. That was pretty fucked LOL...

worst customer you ever had to deal with?

How did the first time happen?

Any chance I can get.

Hows being a GM at a food place? Do you hate your life or cant complain? I could have ended up as a GM at food but...I hated the lower levels to get there. So many mfers become entitled batshit idiots the second they want into a food establishment. At least, where I lived and worked.

I moved on to the automotive industry, dealership. Which also has its fair share of entitled morons.

Sandwich shop. Think Subway, signifcantly less options, but you get your entire meal in about 10-15 seconds, and we deliver within 4 minutes of your phone hanging up.

We ran out of bread in the middle of lunch rush.

Queue guy who ordered two sammiches, paid with cash
I pull him aside, explain that I'm gonna have to refund him.
He literally starts fucking crying and screaming "YOU CAN'T DO THIS TO PEOPLE"
"THIS ISN'T RIGHT"
"YOU ALREADY TOOK MY MONEY"

Like listen dude, here's your money back, I'm sorry my dumbass employee took your order after I said to tell people it's a 15 to 25 minute wait on bread, but it is what it is.

Then you get all the angry customers that are outside our delivery range that literally threaten to come to the store and kill you LOL.

A friend of mine works at the store, he had a thing for the new chicks friend, so he got the idea the four of us would go camping (New Girl, My Friend, Friends Crush, and Me)

We only had enough room to pack tents.

Kinda just started doing shit in the tent on the second night with the new girl, and it kinda just carried into work after that.

I mean, I'm gonna hate my life no matter what, but at least I'm making money.

I hate the idea of going to college and so this is a way of getting into owning a Franchise without going to school for business, it just takes a lot more work.

And you're right, a fuck ton of self entitled fucks. Honestly I think the reason why my store/crew likes me is because I'm honest with them.

All new hires I'm just straight up "We all smoke pot, this is a minimum wage bullshit job, you can stay or leave I don't really care, we'd love to have you work with us"

I enforce policies and I'm kind of a hard ass, but since I'm so realistic with everything, no one really hates it there.

To pack two tents*

when was the last time you were robbed?

youtube.com/watch?v=2xdtZ-ZksDc

You have your typical scammers that try that shit, but as far as a robbery in the context of the video, never at Jimmy Johns. I got robbed at a Papa Murphys at gun point, but that was like 8 years ago.

Yeah thats chill. Well good luck to you bro. I feel the same way lol. All though, automotive has its good days. Im sure food does too...When its not busy, etc.

I used to run a Wawa at night (East coast only gas station that serves made to order food)

That shit was hell. 30 drunk people would come to us in swarms at like 1 AM, bitching their sandwich was taking too long because 2 of us were making 30 goddamn sandwiches. Eventually I got to the point where I was essential to the process, and could tell people to fuck off, and my manager couldnt fire me because I was the only one that never called out. That was nice. He would complain though, ask me not to be rude. I was like bro, Im only rude when theyre rude first... That customer is always right shit has to go. We all would be better of as a society without it.

Yeah lmao, we have a sign in our store that literally says "The customer is USUALLY right!" for that exact reason.

You must make fuckloads of moneh

Oh yeah dude it's pretty fucking nuts right now.

Honestly wish I had one more penny in my account.

How does one use a sandwich shop to launch a rap career?

Was he white?

As far as the girl goes, I'll bet she learned some valuable lessons there. Get everything that matters in writing, always go to the head honcho, never get neck or face tatttoos if you want to be employable, etc.

He would just drop bars in the middle of work and ask us for advice, or would show us his extremely shitty soundcloud projects.

And of course he was white lmao.

And maybe I'm not positive, she's extremely fucking retarded.

How long did you have to work to work your way up to gm?

Did you start at jj?

Is gm the manager of several store or just one?

I mean, I was a delivery driver for probably six months, but I honestly didn't give a shit about management.

Then one day some life shit happened so I went into work, looked my boss in the eye and said
"I wanna be PIC trained" (PIC is like shift lead)

Once I started over the course of a year I climbed from PIC, to Assistant 2, to Assistant Manager, to General Manager.

General Manager just oversees the one store. I quit that store, transferred to a different franchise, and now I believe I'm about to get area manage trained (Think district manager)

JJ was my second low tier restaurant. I did a pizza place I got fired from after 3 weeks for bullshit fucking reasons.

Charleston?

Keep on keeping on, bro. You'll get there. We gotta do something about that 17 dollar bank account. Watch a movie called Waffle Street. It might help you out. I think it's on Netflix streaming. Good luck meng.

Yeah I'm pretty broke. Have been my whole life though so it's not really anything different lol.

Why do you only shave your left goose egg?

Chek'd
Did you work your way up from entry level, or did you hire on as GM fresh out of college?