What is the OK Computer of film?

What is the OK Computer of film?

synecdoche new york

Pop goodness for the ages made with love and care? Amadeus

Anything overrated really

Could you not?

Suicide squad

Kill yourself, overrated is a pseudo criticism that has no inherent meaning.

People breaking into movie business must go through the crucible of making a rom com with Sandra Bullock or Reese Witherspoon.

I don't envy that.

Shawshank Redemption
Both overrated and at the 1st place of their respective sites

The Shawshank Redemption

>Goes on for far too long
>Overrated
>People will parrot the opinion it's GOAT regardless of whether they've seen it

LET DOWN AND SPRAYING AROUND
PUSHED LIKE A HOE IN DA GROUND

This, also loved by underage redditors who just made their first RYM/letterboxd account

>at the 1st place of their respective sites

What is that even supposed to mean? Respective sites? You couldn't sound any more simple.

>it's a Sup Forums pretends to know what they're talking about calling one of the seminal late 90's musical works overrated to pretend to know what they're talking about episode
Worst episodes
Stick to capeshit kids

why does reese witherspoon get so much h8 on the chan?

Radiohead is actually really undervalued by millennials, fyi. I realize you're just low quality baiting though. At least I hope so.

Go home Thom

>can't even quote the lyrics properly
I know you think you're too cool for Radiohead
You're not
You're not even cool enough

Because fuck her and fuck you, that's why.

I can separate people from their work. The fact that she is scum is irrelevant to me, she can hang out and instagram with Chelsea Handler all she likes. But even her work sucks. Not for lack of ability, but her projects. I can't like her for that either. So she is shit both ways.

I mean, did you even see that movie?

babbys first "experimental" album, absolutely adored by newfags such as yourself and i'm sure that you haven't actively listened to music for longer than 6 months

Am I supposed to feel less secure about my musical taste now or something? You probably like it as much as I do. What a waste of your energy.

this guy knows what popular garbage is

I'm just going to leave this here.

Anyone who doesn't like OK Computer is too dumb to understand it.

Who hurt you?

Literally the ONLY excuse for you being this mad is if Thom Yorke himself molested you as a child. I genuinely feel sorry for you that you are compelled to hate things and lash out at others for no reason at all.

babbys first "contrarian" post, always emulated poorly by newfags such as yourself and i'm sure that you haven't actively been here for more than 6 months

Radiohead is the Christopher Nolan of music. My ultimate dream is having a gun with infinite ammo and being completely invulnerable to damage, and then I travel the world seeking out every single person who enjoys Radiohead and Nolan and then blowing them away with my gun.

But user Beck is far better

Who hurt you user?

A Kubrick-film perhaps?
2001?
With A Clockwork Orange being Kid A...

OKC is a watered down mishmash of a product from a band trying to reinvent themselves, instead of actually shining through anywhere you get a combination of sounds that's been done better by other bands before but radiohead fans being the easily content Sup Forums kiddies that they are they'd prefer jerking off to this shitty Jack–of–all–trades album rather than look for better music

It's not even the best Radiohead album

Tryhard as fuck
They weren't even reinventing themselves here
Do you get anyone with this aside from people laughing at you?

I guess maybe you're just a straight-forward pleb after all. I wish you the best.

>I guess maybe you're just a straight-forward pleb after all
that's cute coming from a radiohead fan, OKC is the Inception of music and you're the pseudo intellectual 16 year old calling people stupid for not "understanding" it

OK computer is hugely influential and has almost 20 years of praise going for it
You thinking you can outweight that with your hot opinions proves you are more of a pseudo intellectual 16 year old than that user will ever be

This is the only Radiohead album I really got into.

Ok Computer is... OK. It's Kid A that's the real overrated shit imo.

>U2 being that high

Get the fuck out of here you mongo

Yeah, *I* am the one calling people stupid here. Top kek. I still wish you the best.

fuck off Sup Forums

Sure they may be influential, but a 20 year echo chamber helps build a higher pedestal than an album like OKC warrants

What did he mean by this?

Biggest film site that ranks movies - IMDB
Biggest music site that ranks albums - RYM
How stupid are you?

Objectively RH's best album

Nolan actually used Thom Yorke's Analyse in Prestige, and wante to have Paranoid Android in Memento but couldn't afford it.

t. reddit

>Nolan couldn't afford Paranoid Android
>Some nips could still afford it for the anime Ergo Proxy

>OkC
>Reinventing themselves
>Not Kid A
Buddy, OkC is close sonically to The Bends, it's not a reinvention, it's a progression. You're just being contrarian. Yeah sure, other bands can have similar sounds in the forefront, but give me an album of the time period that gives it such accessibility and consistency that this album does.

I don't even think it's their best either, but come on, you're being a dumbass

>OkC is close sonically to The Bends
Haha no, The Bends is just generic guitar rock.

OKC is more about building musical textures through guitar work, just listen to some of the arpeggios in Subterranean Homesick Alien, Paranoid Android, Let Down, Climbing Up the Walls or Lucky.

You're still here? Jesus christ.

No, I'm a different user.

You're a clueless fuckwit

>Radiohead's most euphoric song in a Nolan movie
The adolescent autism could not be contained.

WHEN I'M KING YOU WILL BE FIRST AGAINST THE WALL

What are Sup Forums's thoughts on AMSP?

It's boring and safe as fuck, the only good song is Ful Stop.

what's the appeal of radiohead? every song I've heard from them sound like the most bland shit imaginable

People like different things than you. It happens, you'll just have to find a way to deal with it.

They understand the angst of the autistic white betamale.

Feels
Agree, underwhelming as fuck

>feels
So nu-male mope shit try cry to while chad is banging the girl you like

I can not stand nu-male music.

Or great music to bang sadgirls to.

What's an acclaimed 90s movie that's critical of consumerism and wary of technology?

Battle Group

The Radiohead fan is too impotent, autistic and pathetic to bang girls. Maybe in your animes. Left out in the woods you will perish. You could not hunt your own food and fight for survival. No Fedoriohead nu-male would be capable. Only those with elite old fasioned masculinity will survive and they won't do it listening to Yorke's crywank warbling.

>I AM JUST AN INSECT
Yes, and you will be crushed.

There are people in this world that literally don't get that making something that bridges the gap between pleb material and experimental is the ultimate talent. The reason OK Computer is so heralded is that it's a middle ground between Bends/Pablo Honey generic indie band and their more experimental albums like Kid A and Amnesiac. The goal of an artist doesn't have to be to make the most obscure, hard-to-get-into, intellectual shit as possible. It's a great feat to make something that anyone can pick up and enjoy that isn't just Transformers or Adele.

Shut up Radiohead sucks

>There are people in this world that literally don't get that making something that bridges the gap between pleb material and experimental is the ultimate talent.
From my perspective that's the must destructive media in the world. Because as soon as that gap is bridged, the art on the other side is compromized forever. That's why something like There Will Be Blood does more damage to the integrity of the medium than something like Transformers ever could. It's the role of art to beat the pleb further and further down. Once you let them in it's all over.

all these Sup Forums responses, good grief. what cancer!

at what point on this album do you get goosebumps?

>tfw choral part of Paranoid Android
>tfw end of Karma Police
>IT'S GONNA BE A... GLOORIOUS DAAAY

Stop projecting, it's sad.
I'm talking from experience and you're only oozing sexual frustration

>Not realizing its a companion album to OK computer and when played together they make a new album.

Keep dreaming, autist. I am the alpha.

Because you claim so anonymously in a matter of seconds.
Sure.

Well it's their most accessible album.

And yes, I agree with you about Kid A. I love Radiohead but seeing the comments surrounding Kid A is absurd and misleading.

I am the alpha. You are the beta. I pass on my genes. You die and end your pathetic bloodline.

agreed with Lucky, that song always puts my hairs on end

HARD MODE

Reply to this thread without using any of the following phrases:

>overrated
>contrarian
>pleb
>patrician
>edgy
>angsty
>babby
>reddit
>derivative
>pseudo intellectual

>art is only for the elite

I bet you think someone putting a garden fence in an art gallery is the highest level you can achieve

The scream at the end of CUTW.

definitely the last one

>LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR YOU
So alpha.
I already passed my genes, by the way.
Keep dreaming, you should give Radiohead a listen, something like Nude is right up your alley.

its been ranked the best album EVER. but nah, ill just take a virgins opinion on Sup Forums more seriously, not! get out of here you pleb

I'm not content with keeping the plebes out, I want them slaughtered. Every time a new pleb movie releases I view myself entering the cinema with a machete, cleaving through flesh and bone. I am ecstatic. Art is uncompromising brutality towards the unsophisticated.

Your black son doesn't carry your genes.

Only rym plebs rank it as the best ever..

>sufjan stevens
pffft

So you're just a mouthbreathing memester? Endearing, maybe someday you can express yourself with your own words and not ones Sup Forums taught you to avoid confrontation of thoughts like the self deprecating omega you obviously are.

I will cleanse beta autism from this earth my cucked unfriend. Don't project your ASD onto me, non-neurotypical.

Start with your own beta autism.

This is pasta if you new fags didn't know

There Will Be Blood

Hip indie meets commercial names

Even has fucking Greenwood score

I am the elite autist crushing alpha. Now go on and sit there in your juices wishing you were special.

>mfw people actually think this is what art is
>mfw I have no face

What is experimental about this album? I've literally never heard anybody praise it for how revolutionary it is/isn't but I always hear pretentious faggots like you claim that anybody only likes it because "muh experimentalism"

>I've literally never heard anybody praise it for how revolutionary it is/isn't
You can't be serious.

If this is your intentional fallacy game it's weak as fuck, if these are your real thoughts you're cringe personified
I'm glad that people like you exist. People that live comparatively.