ITT: Your favorite album when you were a 14-year-old punk. Go on, don't be ashamed

ITT: Your favorite album when you were a 14-year-old punk. Go on, don't be ashamed.

Any good albums that have ships on their cover?

This album was what the one that made me take music seriously in the first place.

my punk phase was patrician

let's be honest

we all thought this was pretty punk when we first heard it

U2 - War

This desu. My first concert ever was with my fucking mom, it was Green Day's first concert after American Idiot came out and they played the whole album front to back. Then Billie Joe invited this fan to come on stage and play guitar (because they're all 3 chord songs) and he let the fan keep his guitar afterward. bunch of great dudes

I was also extremely into these guys and Jimmy Eat World

Did you have sex with her afterward?

yeah i jizzed in like 2 seconds cause i was 13

At 14? I call bullshit

Are they done making music or what? I still see they advertise compilation albums, show DVDs and other weird random merch on their YT channel from time to time but that's it. I really loved them when I was younger. (I still really like them though).

Herzeleid was my shit.

Endless hours of listening to this

It's pretty canon at this point, i found out about it because it comes up as being similar to Sonic Youth fairly often and everyone know SY

This and Darkthrone's A Blaze in the Northern Sky is what got me into extreme metal.

rotated

Either this or The White Stripes - Elephant

Haven't been a pleb since I got out of my three days grace/papa roach phase at ~ age 12.

I don't remember very well what I was into when I was 14, but it was either this or Rubber Soul

Underrated

>Superior Rammstein album coming through

Also Rammstein but Reise, Reise.

Gravity kills - gravity kills

I still think this album is alright although I don't really listen to metal anymore.

Half of you guys aren't truthing.

I was more of a Reise Reise myself

People say this is their weakest album but honestly it has lots of bangers

damn jams droppin

This and the Rust In Peace when i was 14 or 15

I still really love this album, and have been relistening to Nirvana a lot the past few days.

This was my shit when I was a freshman

>2010

get out newf-

Still a decent album too. 6/10 easily

Mann Gagen Mann

I'm older than you so I was a City Of Evil guy as a 14 year old.

You can fight me if you don't think Bat Country though Seize The Day is their best 3-song stretch.

I'll have to agree with you. Those 3 songs go pretty well together.

:^D

Used to love metalcore

I bet most of you had better taste at 14 then now.

not too bad? this is based off an old mp3 player i had freshman year of high school, havent touched it since so i think its pretty accurate.

mostly AC/DC and Metallica

>Not Mutter
Both are still great though.

I was big into Black Metal when I was 14, thought Varg was the coolest dude ever back in the day.

bump

What album is that?

OK Computer is the most overrated shit of all time, truly redditcore

I admit it I was a stupid child

Weirdly enough I never ended up getting into hip-hop. Kanye's the only artist in the genre I really liked, but trip hop sort of took off with me thanks to Demon Days dominating 15 year old me's life. But this is 14, not 15.

they're clearly amazing

I'm not even memeing. My taste was mostly based on what my patrician dad was listening to, and Kraftwerk was one of my personal favorites. I loved dancing to Showroom dummies.
And yes, I used to be a pretty weird/autistic kid.

Hey, same album for me.

this

I've only heard their song Falling because of Test Drive 5 soundtrack, but that song is pretty good

I had a very classic rock up bringing

Mutter is the best one though

Still listen to it occasionally.

I ended up dating a crust punk last year. She was a huge CV and LC fan. We also ended up having sex listening to ITAOTS. (Her choice not mine) It was everything I could do to not bust out laughing.

Mutter has the most singles on it, and is more dancier.

I agree, both are great though.

half of the people who browse mu are under 18 friendly reminder

i was the edgy libertarian kid who liked weed

pick one

nevermind - nirvana

played this album a lot on a shitty mp3 player

That album so fucking good

One of the greatest albums ever.

xtc good

how the fuck have i not noticed this before?

this and the downward spiral. Both of them great albums.

I still hold this is one of the best albums out there, and VF has some pretty avant-garde stuff in their discography later on.

nice

sorry

anything Röyksopp basically

Black flag damadged.

the lyrics to Nada Cambia are top angsty

I regret nothing,

thanks