Is the manager world class or are the players world class?

Is the manager world class or are the players world class?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KEcI23P8ldk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

the entire club is a worthless meme until they manage to uncuck themselves from arsenal

Neither and Poch plus the one or two god
players Tottenham has will probably look for other options once they start to miss out on CL football again.

None

Fuck these guys for exposing Conte. We should have got Zidane vs Conte in UEFA finals

They look decent because they play in a shit league. Will probably get eliminated in the quarters of the Europa league by some part time plumbers from Eastern Europe

unironically this, no matter how good they are they'll never be as big as Arsenal because of their mentality, and considering the Arse are a long way from world class or being a big club it looks even worse for spurs

see last year, being in a two horse race with Leicester and still managing to lose to Arsenal, their club is a running joke

>see last year, being in a two horse race with Leicester and still managing to lose to Arsenal, their club is a running joke

It wasn't a two horse race, though. Spurs were never in first at any time last season. Arsenal and Man City, on the other hand, were in first at different times in the second half of last season and choked it away to Leicester.

Poch is a decent manager, but Imo one of his failings is he doesn't seem to coach in a nurturing way, it's all about system
Tottenham has produced class players in the past, Bale, Modric and Berbatov
But do you honestly see anyone at Tottenham at the moment becoming truly decent in the future?
There's no room in Poch's system for individual talent development

Dele Alli is their best player but he's limited by his positional adaptability and has to play as a shadow striker
If he moved somewhere else he'd probably suffer from the same thing that happened to Kagawa at United
Kagawa belongs in the same position as Alli banging in goals just off the striker and playing on the wing for United did him no favours
The same thing has happened for Alli in the England squad

True, Tottenham were just 8 points behind with three games to go and Leicester were refballing to the get all points whereas Chelsea wound up Spurs.

This year though, you might as well bet your house on Spurs finishing top 4 and above Arsenal.

>Poch is a decent manager, but Imo one of his failings is he doesn't seem to coach in a nurturing way

What do you mean? His players seem to love him and a lot of them have grown incredibly. Dembele was getting shipped off to Sunderland before Poch came along, Lamela was a lost cause, Kane was "never going to make it in the PL"....

>But do you honestly see anyone at Tottenham at the moment becoming truly decent in the future?

Kane for sure, Alderweireld is there already, maybe Alli and Eriksen.

This is a ridiculously stupid post and almost completely incorrect

>Tips Fedora

How did Tottenham produce Berbatov? Fucking plastic yids

Betting on spurs to finish above arsenal

They will spurs it up somehow like they always do

They were definitely in it towards the end. You think everyone on the team just threw a wobbly for no reason in THAT Chelsea game?

His players do love him and has brought a lot of decent players back from obscurity, but his style is still too based on system
Kane won't leave Tottenham and will become a Premier league legend, but won't win a CL and won't move to do it like Henry & others did
Alderwireld is a quality and consistent at centre back but doesn't have the range of passing that you need to be considered world class in the modern game like Hummels/Ramos
See what I said about Alli

When he moved to Tottenham Eriksen had all kinds of career designs and seemed to think that Tottenham was a stepping stone, but that was three years ago
In his mid he probably thought he was going to be at Bayern/Barca by now, but still has to function as part of Poch's system, which i don't think sits well with him
He's not performed nearly well or consistently enough to make a step up move anyway
Not world class & needs to step up his game a lot

This
Alli's best fucking position is SS, otherwise he's fouling people and putting in shoddy balls from midfield.

>You think everyone on the team just threw a wobbly for no reason in THAT Chelsea game?

The Chelsea game where they were 8 points behind before it even started? Truly a choke for the ages, if only they had beaten Chelsea they could have finished 6 points behind Leicester instead.

Are spurs the new Liverpool?

This is our year goy

Are you going to provide any proper criticism or are you just going to sit there and just ur wrong?

>Kane won't leave Tottenham

He will.

>Alderwireld is a quality and consistent at centre back but doesn't have the range of passing that you need to be considered world class in the modern game like Hummels/Ramos

Lol, have you even watched him play a single game? Long range passing is what he's best at.

youtube.com/watch?v=KEcI23P8ldk

Apologies for the shit music, but it was all I could find. He makes long range passes all the time, there's a bunch of them starting at 1:12. There was one assist to Alli last season against Everton which was absolutely ridiculous.

>When he moved to Tottenham Eriksen had all kinds of career designs and seemed to think that Tottenham was a stepping stone, but that was three years ago

Yeah, but that's on Eriksen more than on Pochettino. And Eriksen has been playing well. Second in assists last season, second in assists this season.

You're a fan then, cool.
>seriously acting as though spurs weren't going for the title towards the end of last season
>implying every spurs fan wasn't wishing for Leicester to drop points those last 5 games

Aiming for title = in the title race

>Aiming for title = in the title race

So it wasn't a two horse race then, since Man City and Arsenal were also aiming for the title. And of course every spurs fan was wishing for Leicester to drop points, but they didn't, did they? By the time the Chelsea game started it was already over, an 8 point gap being made up in 3 games would have required a choke from Leicester that made Liverpool in 2014 look like nothing.

Liverpool 2014 wasn't actually that bad of a choke, it was just exaggerated because of le slip and le crystanbul.

Back to /arseanal/

Actual answer and not a bunch of memes is that they have a bunch of above average players, an above average manager, and very few weaknesses. That adds up to solid results and good seasons but the lack of eliteness isn't enough to make them an actual title winner unless they defy statistics over a long stretch .... cough like Leicester but more realistic.

Statistics like possession, shots allowed, shots on target, etc. . are in their favor though. The only statistic they're defying is "lack of eliteness", which seems to be another way of saying "they're not good in FIFA 17".

Tottenham have an amazin g defence. Their downfall , I guess is having Kane Alli and Eriksen in attack with Son and Lamela as decent backup.

>He will
He's even more hype than Sterling who left Liverpool for 50mil
Tottenham wouldn't let him leave for less than a WR fee, even then he's not going go abroad
Leaves United, City & Chelsea
>City, Not a Pep player as he's not going to be naturally integrated into midfield like Pep wants plus City would have to sell Aguero or Kevin The Brown to avoid getting done by FFP and getting Kane would be a step down from them
>Chelsea, Kane isn't going to piss off the Tottenham fans that he loves just to move to a local rival
>United, swapping Champions league for Europa league. Yeah don't think so

>Second in assists
Tadic was one assist behind Eriksen last year, does that make him world class? no
Eriksen only scored 6 goals last season as well, not enough for a quality attacking midfielder

>Long range passing if what he's best at
I watched that video and not a single one led to a clear cut chance let alone an assist, it was the odd loose ball to the fullbacks
most of which they didn't control because they were high and had vicious bounces
By your assists = goodness logic he doesn't have a single assist this season & only two last season

>United, swapping Champions league for Europa league. Yeah don't think so

That's what a lot of people said about Pogba, Ibrahimovic, Mkhitaryan, Bertrand....and I'm not saying he's going to go this season or anything. I just think he'll go eventually.

>I watched that video and not a single one led to a clear cut chance let alone an assist, it was the odd loose ball to the fullbacks

Then you didn't watch it, several of them led to clear cut chances. There are a couple assists too, both of them involving Alli. And I don't see how the passes being to fullbacks makes them any less impressive.

>Tadic was one assist behind Eriksen last year, does that make him world class? no

I didn't say Eriksen was world class. I said that he was playing well.

>playing well
not deserving of a move away though, he's a Tottenham level player

It was Ten mins of Sloppy long balls being passed off as cultured passing

Your mums cunt is world class.

Poch is a worse Wenger

>lol they wouldn't dare swap champions league for Europa
When will this meme die

Good post, Heikki

They're Diet Arsenal, basically.

Lads, it's spurs

Both

Stop posting

To be fair, Eriksen was utter shite in the fall and I think he's very low test and probably cries while holding a teddy bear.

Spurs lost the title race by losing to West Ham and tying Arsenal and West Brom. If they hadn't done that, then the collapse in the last four games would have mattered. It didn't.

>If he moved somewhere else he'd probably suffer from the same thing that happened to Kagawa at United
Which is what? To be moved to another position?

yeah, Kagawa didn't thrive well being pushed out on the wing at united
He suffered from Rooney being undroppable at the time because he was too much of a brand

>trying to school me on my own league
it's Tottenham, you picked them to support because they're the most like a NFL/NBA franchise but they're still top half not top four spuds

>it's Tottenham, you picked them to support because they're the most like a NFL/NBA franchise but they're still top half not top four spuds
You replied to me but I'm not that guy.

Also
>my own league
What office do you hold at the FA?

This is one of the worst posts I have ever read on Sup Forums. Well done lad

The manager. The only true world class player at Tottenham is Dembélé, top 5 box-to-box midfielder (and he doesn't even start for lelgium over that donkey Witsel).

Even Alderweireld couldn't get a game at Atlético over Miranda-Godín.

>dembele
>world class
behave

This is why nobody takes murkans seriously.

when's his supposed big money move to madrid?