m.youtube.com/watch?v=X9-K1cxj6IQ
m.youtube.com/watch?v=C-DeI3ohVbY
youtube.com/watch?v=jDs2UGCP2Fk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

t. trash kid who lives in the trash

5>6>1>4>3>2>7

>4 not 1st or 2nd
trolls

5 > 4 > 6 = 7 >>>>>>>>>> every movie ever made >>>>>>>>>> 1 >>>>>>>>>> evil and suffering >>>>>>>>>>>> 2 = 3 = cartoons & fanfic

1 > 4 > 2 > 3 > 6 > 7 > 5 (reddit tier flick)

Terrible bait.

The agreed consensus is:

5 > 4 >> 6 > 7 = 3 >>> 1 > 2

>has 7 there for some fucking reason
4>5>6>3>1>2

no podracing nor based darth maul in flat new hope

Can we stop with 7 is worse than the prequels meme?

inb4 politics

I'm glad you had a good time watching it as a kid and the coloseum scene was definitely more star wars than anything else in the prequels (even though it was just a rip off of gladiator) but making Boba fetts pops the man behind all the clone troopers was dumb as was the whole come on son let's go on bounty hunter adventures oh I'm dead now and all that the shit with the shape-shifter and assassin worms, like seriously wtf, also way to just copy and paste a blade runner cyberpunk city to add something beyond more galactic federation buildings that all look like fucking courthouses

5>6>4>3>2>1>7

I rewatched the entire series recently so I would know what's good and what isn't.

Menace is sloppy and stupid but it's easy to watch because it has a nice flow. Attack of the Clones is literally unwatchable from the moment they enter Palpatine's office. Revenge of the Sith is fucking awesome because Palpatine hams it up and Anakin kills younglings and gets burned alive.

A New Hope has a really good first act but loses steam by the time they attack the Death Star. Empire Strikes Back is a huge jump up in quality and is amazing. Return of the Jedi is very good, it's just paced horribly. Ewoks aren't even the problem, the issue is the fact that they're introduced 90 minutes into the movie.

5>3>4>6>1>2

5>4>6>3>7>1>2
Aside from Padme and Anakin scenes and the fucking 40 minute fight scene, Revenge was a decent enough movie

This is pretty much accurate

true patrician rating

Star Wars (1977) >

the rest is non-canon

This. This is accurate.

The only correct rating is:

5 > 4 > 6 = 7 >>> 1 > 3 >>>>>> 2

The Frog underneath 6 and the frog underneat the final fight of 3 should be same. They take something that it sounds impossible to fuck up and make it only mildly entertaining (Finale to your space opera, fight between Vader and Obi wan)

1 is worse than 2 and 3 just because it's so fucking boring.

>6 = 7

Yeah sure ! as if there was ANYTHING in (((7))) which holds up to the final duel between Luke and Vader.

Your bait is horrible.

God tier: Throne room scenes of 6

Good: 4, 5

Meh: 1, 6

Bad: 3

"Star Wars was a mistake"- George Lucas tier: 2, 7

>TFA
>Worse than RotJ

I will N E V E R understand this. It's always motivated by some kind of nostalgic love for RotJ or some kind of agenda-driven hate for le evul disney jooz.

2 is objectively the best one

>Aesthetic
>World building
>Entire plot by the Sith to confuse the republic and manipulate them to enact the clone army to kill of the separatists that were being used to build up the death star so Palpatine didn't have to pay them back as well as having his own personal elite army in his control.
>Autistic Monk Anakin perfectly played by Hayden
>Tummy Portman
>Detective Obi
>Jango Fett getting his head sliced
>Yoda action
>Mace Windu action
>Anakin descent into darkness
>Courascant chase scene

Overall, 2 had the densest story, best character arcs, and action scenes out of the entire series and it all makes sense if you aren't retarded

so basically we can see that the prequels trigger reddit

(you)

0.001 shekels deposited

That duel and space battle are the only redeeming things about 6. 7 is much more solid.

I can't believe people like 1 let alone 2. They are laughably bad and boring at times.
For me, it's the fight between Vader and Luke that elevates RoTJ over TFA. There is so much emotion in ever swing.

>TFA

>Even a part of star wars

haha nice meme.

The acting was better. The fight between Luke and Vader was the best in the series. The "humor" was better.

the only thing "solid" in 7 is Finn's BBC you're dreaming about

I am someone who didn't watch star wars until 7 came out.

How do mouth breathers enjoy JJ Abrams movies. Seriously watch a jj abrams movie and force yourself to pause it for 15 seconds once every 10 minutes to reflect on the plot.

Its why his movies are non stop action and quips. If you had one second to use your head you'd realize how fake, boring and pointless all his films are.

>the acting was better
>Harrison Ford phoning it in harder than ever before because he's fucking bitter George didn't kill him out of fear it would affect toy sales

>"humor" was better
>Slapstick, phantom menace tier humor up the ass
>Chewie's tarzan yell
>cutting to the outside of Jabba's palace to watch some burping alien
>Salacious Crumb

1 is the best one.

Debate me turbo basement autists

TFA was the best SW movie in terms of acting since ESB. RotJ was shit, where no one gave a fuck except Hamill and McDiarmid.

4=5>6>3>7>1>2

5>6>4>7>1>3>2

>implying han solo was better in 7 than 6

>densest story

Go away George.

Absolutely.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=X9-K1cxj6IQ

This scene is objectively better then this janky and lame scene

m.youtube.com/watch?v=C-DeI3ohVbY

He absolutely was and you cannot argue otherwise without resulting to bullshit meme non-rebuttals like "he was old lmao"

Han is also heavily involved in the story on a personal level, compare to RotJ where his role in the climax is to stand at a door.

> ROTJ
> Bad/Sh*t/Garbage
When will this meme die?

The entire beginning of ROTJ was saving Han Solo you fucking retard and showing off Luke's transformation into a full-fledged Jedi.

Well, I'm talking about acting. The movie was fine.

It's not BAD, but it's objectively the worst non-prequel star wars flick and only gets held up due to association with the much better films of the original trilogy. It's basically Phantom Menace-lite, and it's where George's worst habits started to form

>micromanaging of production to the point that Richard Marquand was forced out and suffered a nervous breakdown
>Shitty kiddy slapstick humor
>Story affected by business decisions (last minute rewrites to spare Han because toy sales, Ewoks to appeal to children, etc)
>Bad pacing/scene editing (Jabba's Palace is introduced FOUR times, the movie could have started with Leia or Luke entering and lost absolutely nothing, climax has three different plot threads going on at once and haphazardly jumps between the two)

Oyebooga and Driver were good but Ridley was worse than Hershlag in EPISODE II

More than its predecessors, ROTJ was Luke's film and he turned in a convincing performance.

Also, Daisy is awful in TFA and her character is written awfully (actively undermining everything around her). People like her because she's "cute".

I'll definitely agree it's the weakest of the Original Trilogy. But it never falls to the depths of the Prequels. And I'm back and forth on how it compares to TFA. I think Episode 7 falls apart after it reveals another Death Star.

4=5>6>1>2>3>7

4>5>6>1>2>3>7

Hershlag was fucking awful. Ridley was good enough, although she clearly lacks experience.

4 = 5 > 2 > 3 > 6 > 1 >>>> 7

>But it never falls to the depths of the Prequels.

Oh, of course not. The only people who believe RotJ falls anywhere near them are children who's first Star Wars movie was one of the prequels. RotJ is like a 6.5/7 out of 10 compared to the 9 out of 10 ANH and the 10 out of 10 ESB.

>Also, Daisy is awful in TFA and her character is written awfully (actively undermining everything around her). People like her because she's "cute".

and you most likely hate her because she's good at things because it doesn't fit with your video game/EU definition of the Force where it's a literal skill tree governed by literal experience points. I bet you're upset that the "trained' and "powerful" Kylo Ren lost to a girl who doesn't have enough "TRAINING"

Rey's introduction is a masterful piece of visual storytelling and her role as someone unrelated to the larger conflict of the galaxy, but still trumping Kylo Ren because of her true spirit and belief in the Force, was a great way to BTFO the prequels and midichlorians

>acting better
Who?

Luke > Daisy
Leia > Leia
Han Solo > Han Solo
Emperor > Snoke
Darth Vader > Kylo Ren
Lando > Finn

>slap stick
>DROID PLEASE!

>chewie always sounded like that
>that's only in the "special release"

>true

Rey feels like too much of a Mary Sue, but generally I agree.

>he honestly believes the acting is better in RotJ

Please take off the nostalgia goggles. Adam Driver's performance as Kylo was masterful, he KNEW how to sell that role despite being mostly covered by a mask, compared to David Prowse who was just a dumb bodybuilder hired because he was a big guy. JEJ did a good job voice acting, but he's always said it was just special effects.

>that's only in the "special release"

Nope. It's from the original theatrical cut. Jedi Rocks is only in the special edition, but the burping frog alien was in there from day 1.

Empire > New Hope > Force Awakens > Return > Revenge > Phantom > Clones

David Prowse didn't act doofus. He was just the man inside the suit. If it was done today, he probably would've been CGI.

>Kylo Ren was better than Darth Vader
KYS

>one second of a frog burping ruined the movie
DROID PLEASE

>David Prowse didn't act doofus. He was just the man inside the suit. If it was done today, he probably would've been CGI.

>there is no physicality to acting

Yeah, you're an idiot, please fuck off

Adam Driver did a TON of physical acting when he was wearing the mask. Look at him storming around Starkiller base like a petulant child, him shoulder checking Hux and when he's throwing his tantrums.

>Droid please

HURR DURR NIGGERS IN MUH STAR WARS I BET THE ESS JAY DOUBLE YOU FEMINISTS ARE BEHIND THIS

5>4>2>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Things that were previously shown to require some degree of training and practice were pulled off by someone simply because they believed? What? Also, since when do lightsabers call out to people? Rey is able to outdo everyone at almost everything as the situation arises, regardless of the experience of the people involved. The script needs her to be good at this so, with no concern for whether it believably fits her background, she can do it and do it well. And it strains suspension of disbelief and kills tension. Finn is little more than a red herring and comic relief there to make Rey look cooler than the film already presents her. Boyega got shafted hard and I think he manages to give a performance despite the material he was working with only being a shade or two away from Jar Jar Binks territory.

The Original Trilogy was much more balanced in this regard. Luke, Leia, and Han all had their strengths and weaknesses. All treated respectfully.

>look at Darth Vader's fist clench, and intimidating walk
Darth Vader > Kylo Ren.

Thanks
Hope in humanity restored

>Things that were previously shown to require some degree of training and practice were pulled off by someone simply because they believed? What?

Literally the entire point of Yoda trying to get Luke to lift the X-Wing is that it's about spirit and belief, not autistic training. The Force is beyond the physical.

Luke had about three weeks training max and was considered a full fledged Jedi Knight in RotJ.

Agreed on your first point about adam driver working on being physically imposing.

Disagree about you ripping user for hating the SJW elements on the film. I didn't appreciate the jew propaganda making its way into the star wars universe.

I watched 2 last night and have completely changed my mind on it. If you took out Yodas fight and the factory scene, it's every bit as good as the OT.

>= cartoons & fanfic
thats 7

Most correct answer there is.

The acting was better in 7 but it didn't feel like a star wars movie to me. Felt like they were going through the motions with the same old story. It's been done before JJ! Think of something else.

>But wait user! This time the death Star was planet sized!

You can rightly fuck off if you see even a shred of originality in this one. At least the prequels had some interesting ideas.

Yes, I know spirituality is important. But there's more to it than "I believe so now I'm a proficient user of the force." And that's just bad and unexciting storytelling.

It's literally

5>4>7>6

POWER
FUCKING
GAP

Prequels don't matter, though I'd say 1 is the least offensive.

>But there's more to it than "I believe so now I'm a proficient user of the force." And that's just bad and unexciting storytelling.

I don't know, did you bitch about Luke pulling the lightsaber in ESB without any training? Did you bitch about him destroying the Death Star?

I think most of the Rey complaints have less to do with her faults as a character but people fundamentally misunderstanding Kylo Ren. They keep falling for his meme that he's Darth Vader 2 instead of a loser pretending to be the big bad dark lord to make up for his own inferiority complex

TFA is garbage compared to any of the original movies, INCLUDING ROTJ.

6>>>>

youtube.com/watch?v=jDs2UGCP2Fk

ROTJ has a lot of shit parts. But it also has some really good shit.
TFA is mediocre throughout.

>Putting 7 in front of anything besides 1 & 2

Stay cucked user

Revenge of the Sith is a shit movie, just because it has a bunch of hamfisted melodrama and CGI action scenes that go on for two hours doesn't mean it's good, it's a shit movie with shit acting and shit writing and shit plot.

All you can say about TFA is "REHASH! NIGGERS! MARY SUE!"

I can't remember anything that happened in 7.
I can remember a bunch of stuff that happened in the Prequels, but that's because they were so fucking awful and ridiculous that it made them memorable.
7 might be entertaining when you watch it, but once you're done with it, it has no value anymore.

10/10 ESB
9/10 ANH
8/10 RotJ
8/10 RotS
5.5/10 AotC
5/10 TFA
4/10 TPM

Everything lower than an 8 is subjective.

Even when the Prequels sucked, the ensemble cast and the originality made a better film than the formulaic SJW wet dream that TFA was.

Shame nobody at Disney was bold enough to make an adaptation of Heir to the Empire.

>I'm retarded so every movie should strive to be Plan 9 and the Room levels of bad so they can be memorable!!!!

>Shame nobody at Disney was bold enough to make an adaptation of Heir to the Empire.
>NOT MUH EU!
>MUH ESS JAY DOUBLE YOUS!!!

Yeah, too bad no one had the balls to make LUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUKE skywalker the clone from his dismembered hand or put in a mary Tzu villain who derives military strategy from art

You're being intellectually dishonest and you know it.

You do realize there's three years between the events of A New Hope and ESB, right? With the lessons he got in ANH and a force ghost speaking to him since then, that's more than enough time to be doing something notable. As for the destruction of the Death Star, ANH made it a point to repeatedly reiterate Luke's abilities at piloting and even then he required others to help him. Not to mention all the times he has to be rescued in that film alone.

And yes I understand the point of Kylo Ren's character. Still doesn't make for an interesting time with a villain that ineffectual and protagonist that overpowered. Instead of trying to go meta and retread material done better decades ago, how about an organic extension of the narrative and not wasting Hamill, Fisher, and Ford?

Good movies can be memorable too.

>You do realize there's three years between the events of A New Hope and ESB, right? With the lessons he got in ANH and a force ghost speaking to him since then,

Ben didn't speak to Luke in between ANH and ESB. The first time he appeared to him was when he was lost in the blizzard. Neither did Luke train with Yoda in between ESB and RotJ. Luke only got a few weeks of training with Yoda, and that's IT.

>how about an organic extension of the narrative and not wasting Hamill, Fisher, and Ford?
>hurr durr why didn't it play into my expectations? Why was the narrative focused on new characters rather than the old? (yet I'll still call it a safe rehash that does nothing risky)

fuck off

nah hes right. if a movies not memorable whats the point of seeing it.

different things make movies memorable, but if you think of a movie, and you cant even remember one scene from it, thats the worst thing i can think of a for a movie.

truly the worst.

Destruction of a Death Star wasn't just about the piloting, he clearly used the Force to do what no one could do even with targeting computer. And he did it without training.

Because this one has a strong independent woman who can do whatever the plot demands despite not having the character depth needed to accomplish- well shit.

I guess Luke being able to pilot a military grade spacecraft in zero g because he flew a crop duster for fun is much worse than Rey being able to fly the Millennium Falcon even though they're both only established to be pilots through telling, not showing

but there was a theme behind that, an instinct and willingness to let go. Jumping into the darkest pit blindly and just trusting.

For rey it had no build up, she just did everything one after another, she always trusted the force and believed in it.
This climax hardly went against her character, if it was something like her having to let go of the thought of her parents so she could attain calmness then maybe that scene would have had more impact.

At least Luke had a somewhat proper introduction to the force compared to the like five lines Rey got between Han and Maz. And Luke had the trip between Aldeeran and the Death Star for some practice.

Still, the three years between ANH and ESB and year between ESB and ROTJ is much more believable than like 12 hours it took Rey to know how to completely overpower someone who trained for years and do Jedi mind tricks.

I knew the film would revolve around new players and looked forward to it. But the old guard was wasted in a inferior rehash of the first three films and reset of the universe.

But Luke didn't completely understand Vader until RotJ at the end of the trilogy.

He also got his ass handed to him before he defeated the villain in combat.

But hey, we can't let the attractive female get her arm sliced off in a duel let alone be defeated by *gasp* a man.

So was vader being lukes dad a write in for the 5th movie? feel like the idea was presented after the 4th movie was made.

>GOD THIS MOVIE IS SUCH A REHASH
>Hurr durr why didn't they do it the same way they did it in the original trilogy? fuck this movie

KYLO REN IS NOT VADER YOU FUCKING RETARD. Kylo Ren is untested and unsure of himself. He's at the beginning of his journey to villain rather than at the end of it as Vader was. He's going to grow alongside Rey in a dark inverse of the hero's journey.

But you're obviously being irrational because "hurr durr muh ess jay double yous" rhetoric

> Youth with a lifetime of practice and loads of natural ability in one specific field and assistance from the force in that said field is less believable than a literal janitor doing anything better than everyone as the script demands despite not having any experience in half of what she does.

Okay

You got your replies, now what's the next step of your master plan?

>5 first
when will this meme end

his one goal in life was to join the academy and become a fighter pilot.
his ONE goal, something hes dreamed of for years and considering he has little to nothing else to do probably practices it consistantly. That and his friends from the academy vouch for his skills as a pilot.

Not only that he was the under dog being taken along for the ride during that final fight.

7>6>5>4>3>2>1

/thread

4 = 5 > 7 > 6 > 3 > 1 > 2