Thoughts on Dexter?

Thoughts on Dexter?

good for the first 4 seasons.

not worth watching at all after that.

It's shit after Doakes is killed

this

the original writers left and the new ones were mostly female (one who wrote the twilight movies kek) so of course its about dexters harem of annoying cunt waifus with extremely corny villains for the second half

Only watched til season 3, what's wrong with seasons 5-the end?

season 1 is great
season 2-4 is very good
5+ not worth watching

Obligatory seasons 1-4 were fantastic. There were some bright spots and some interesting characters post season 4 but mostly shit.

Dropped it after season 1.

Feel like I made the correct choice.

Season 1 is good. Season 2 was good too but I kind of wished Dexter had turned himself in to Doakes and they were kind of clueless as to what they wanted to do with Dexter's character. I couldn't get into season 3 or 4.

2 seasons too long. Should have ended at 6.

I liked it when I was 15 so it's probably shit

This is the only recent show that I watched in its entirety that I have not re watched after it ended. Thats how bad the second hald of the series was.

Trust me,it's a chick flick and his sis is main char.
Also, don't even start, if you watch first 2,3 seasons you will get involved enough to watch the rest and then it will fuck up show for you retroactively!

he kills murderers so it's okay

Stopped around the beginning of S5.

Series 2 and 4 were definitely my favourite. On the whole, the show is one of the worst offenders of the "show don't tell" rule I've ever seen. That being said I don't regret the time I spent watching those seasons.

I don't ever hear anyone say this, so I suppose it's not a popular opinion, but I thought S6 was decent. It wasn't S1-4 tier good, but worth watching for that Russian mobster at least.
S5 and S7 can go die in a fire though.

Even season 3 and 4 were shit. After season 2 Dexter as a character had been turned inside out and dissected and examined as a killer and human there was absolutely nothing left to say about him. Every single season after that is a rehash of "Nobody understands me...except maybe this person does...."

A poor man's Hannibal.

S1 is the best.
S2 is good.
S3 is meh.
S4 was better than 3, but not as good as S2.
Everything else is shit.

what ever do you mean?

Scary how accurate that is. I feel like if they turned off the narration in Dexter, it would have been a far more effective show.

kek christ

yes, even has a goat ending

I agree with everyone saying first four seasons.

But I would recommend you also watch the first episode of s5 for the mickey mouse scene.

Never met a woman who wasn't completely in love with him.

why? He had the emotional maturity of a retard and oh yes killed people.

just pure shit, female writers take over at season 4? i think

Remember that slim fit shirt he used when going out to kill someone.

bitches love that shit.

S1
>SLOW RIDE, dun dun dun TAKE IT EASY
>best one

S2
>just a joke
>hol up
>maybe is not a joke

S3
>Friendship is magic

S4
>wow that guy usually plays in sitcoms
>nothing good is happening ever for anyone
>good possible end for the show

S5
>muh rape
>muh forgiveness

S6
>sixth sense

S7
>acceptance and family values

S8
>full house of shit
>h-he must have spotted me! He's good...

Season 1 is the only one worth watching

they should've used the books more, they're pretty much written for a tv show or a movie with the ending battle and everything

but after season 1 they decided they could do better and got rid of Doakes, made Debra way too important early on and introduced the talking ghosts. Also they changed writers or something and it really went to shit. Lots of wasted potential for no apparent reason.