What is a word I can use like cocoon but implying some kind of divinity?

What is a word I can use like cocoon but implying some kind of divinity?

Larvae->Cocoon->Butterfly

Human->???->God

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CPITArjU4Ac
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The word you're looking for may not exist

chrysalis

who is PEPE SILVIA

because god isn't created or formed, he just is

Demigod

limbo
passage of death
rapture
metatransmogrification
passage

what's the context? since there's obviously not a real thing for what you are describing.

like a video game char that becomes a God?

going to an afterlife?

what?

Demi-God
Blessed
Enlightened
Consecrated

Just a few off the top of my head.

AI supercomputer

vessel

The golden god?

covfefe

you're not going to find the word
hibernation

I don't know about a word, but an image that completes your metaphor is that of Jesus, dead and in his tomb, wrapped in his shroud, or winding-cloth. (Cuz this is like a cocoon.)

Human>Angel>God>Golden God

for anyone who is unaware, Charlie got the name Pepe Silvia from his inability to read the state he is in - Pennsylvania.

Also, 'Carol in HR' (human resources) is really 'care of HR'. 'care of' meaning it goes to that department.

how do you know that?

youtube.com/watch?v=CPITArjU4Ac

it's super obvious, and goes in line with his bad reading skills. so many subtle jokes in the show about their personalities.

The word you are looking for OP is
" Saint "

So good! I love this show. I would watch it to cheer myself up after I got home from my last tour of duty.

Human->Faith->God

>they all exist
>asking for mail on daily basis

I want to invent one
Sounds good but its just cause its fancy
The context is that I'm writing a character who becomes a God through what is essentially cocoon-mode. I want to have him kind of mutter "Man becomes x, x becomes a God" where x is the cocoon thing I need a word for

Angel might have to do but it really doesn't have the parallel I want with the larvae->butterfly thing

plus - being in the mail room in an office in Phill - Pennsylvania will be the state on the large majority of mail.

so will the HR dept, being a business of that size. remember the mail room handles all the internal mail too. constant paper trails especially in matters of HR. day bop bop. oh yeah.

Wizard

Holy fuck did a 10/10 show just go to 11?

Yes the people on the mail is addressed to exist. but Charlie is fucking up and looking at the state often. or in case of Carol, 'care of' addresses will often just have the department. no name.

It's " Saint " op

alright, Charlie....
then riddle me this,
'not only are all those people real but they've been asking for their mail

Why not Spirit->Human->God?

There isn't a word for that. Not in english anyway. I'm not even aware of any religions that have that concept.

You could try words that give off a kind of exotic feeling to them anyway though.

Vessel
Manifestation

Any other words you use would be regular words that you juxtapose against the concept of divinity to imply transformation like a butterfly through metaphor.

>The context is that I'm writing a character who becomes a God through what is essentially cocoon-mode. I want to have him kind of mutter "Man becomes x, x becomes a God" where x is the cocoon thing I need a word for

Just make up some word then. Humans do not become gods and angels do not become gods. If you are creating a concept then create a word.

Theokokouli

Its " Saint "

But Mac says that "all these people exists".

then you should have
said something like: "I'm writing a story and trying to think of what to call a (physical or metaphorical btw?) cocoon-like state the character passes through before becoming a god"

keep it simple. maybe 'the ascention ritual', or 'the awakening'

Human->Ascension->God

The word you are lookinf for is " Saint "

I think he actually wanted to get fatter as he got older, for the show.

Nigga since when does a saint become god?

In that case it might be better to use a different type of word like "spirit" to imply a graduated transition. Otherwise you're going to have to look to other cultures for words. There are things like demigod that in some cases are exactly what you are talking about, but that wouldn't really sound good in your situation.

Deva maybe? That's really specifically a hindu thing though. It's going to be hard for you to find something that isn't going to tie you to a particular culture.

Transition, obviously.

That's not what a saint is, you don't really know your theology

Ah. That sounds reasonable. Thanks.

people keep saying this. Mac is being superfluous. Since when has anything Mac said be used as the gospel truth? bless me father for I have punned.

Like Mac knows every employee anyway. He would just assume 'Carol' is a personal.

Yes, people have been asking for their mail, that is true, but him saying the people exist and are asking etc is a good line.

Transubstantiation

This is it.

Greek for God Cocoon.

metamorph?

Far and away the best season of 'Sunny'.

OP is word you are looking for an actual physical cocoon like thing or are you talking about a state of being?

how bout ascended, or if they are wearing a fedora then awakened.

Let's just keep this fun fact a fun THERORY.

also op, it depends on what you mean by god. a biblical type omnipotent god? a being with superpowers of sorts, compared to mortals? so relative god-like powers? demi-gods? we need more context.

Is that attested to anywhere or is it just some word constructed from a different language? Because you can do that with any language. Like just saying god cocoon in english for example.

If he uses theokokouli he might as well just make up his own word because he's going to have to establish the meaning of it anyway.

Autism

this is just a theory and has never been confirmed by charlie day or any of the other creators

Acendant. /Thread

go back and watch the video.
he clearly writes down CAROL
sure he can't read "in care of"
but he should know that
"in care of" is different than "carol"
or
"Pennsylvania" looks different than "pepe silvia"

I have tried to keep this quiet, but this is not a theory. It is how we wrote it.

PERFECT

Thank you friends

Ascendant would mean that someone has already ascended to godhood. So whatever roleplaying game you got that from is using the term in correctly as a form of branding.

ATTENTION OP!
ATTENTION OP!
ATTENTION OP!

The word you are looking for is "Übermensch".

Is it you, the golden god?

re-read what you wrote and think about Charlie. the guy who turned on a sign he thought said 'Coors' every day, that really said 'closed' and he deals with beer all day long. plus, denim chicken? may I offer you an egg in this trying time? milk steak. side of jellybeans raw. need I go on? the guy is a little off.

The writers already confirmed this theory isn't true

Not necessarily. Ascendant could mean anything beyond human.

Ignorance

I made it up. There's no word for what he's asking for.

Human>Spirit>God

It is indeed, I, the Golden God who will reign down the wrath of the earth upon you, you insignificant insect. BE GONE WITH YOU.

enlightenment?

but that is just illiteracy.
illiterate people know that carol and in care of are two different things...they just don't know what those words mean

Wheres yer proof

Antifa

/thread

Truly the Seinfeld of our time

illiterate people know that carol and in care of are two different things...they just don't know what those words mean
>carol
>CAROL
>CAAAAROL
>CAROL I'VE GOT TO TALK TO YOU ABOUT PETE

twitter.com/bwbloom/status/281837409203793920 guy responding is writer

are you really this dense? I am finished with you. begone.

Well, for a human to become godlike, they'd have to undergo some kind of spiritual growth, or enlightenment. So enlightenment is probably the best word.

That fucking picture just made my day. Could we not have had dee in place of laura though?

you described an illiterate person who doesn't know what the word closed means....cause he is illiterate.

Human > Sup Forums > God

It's the cocoon you're after

>Doesn't sound like best friend talk to me...
>He's lyin to you

Definitely best season- It's not even close.

Kind of silly semantics argument because I could also say that a god is anything beyond human, and we could just go on being pedantic about the technical and linguistic differences between different forms of spirits or gods in different cultures.

Seeing as how none of this stuff is real anyway and there are many different ways you can interpret divinity, when I am talking about a god I am talking about any spiritual being higher than a human. More akin to just a generic concept of deity.

What's up with the commie posting going up on Saturday night?

kek

that guy is a producer. not a writer or anywhere close to being a core creative of the show. producers don't sit in all writers meetings either. i don't think that guy knows his shit and/or is remembering wrong.

How do you know that? Can't I become a god by being granted godlike powers by another god or by eating a magical fruit or something?

It really is. It deserves more awards.

I used the sign as an example of his idiocy. you put the 'illiterate' label on it, and then used your own label to argue, based on your specific definition of what every illiterate person is like. which was just an aside to the point to begin with. it's dumb.

enlightened one? boddhisatva? demigod?

I'm sure than in every religion there is at least 1 step between human and god.

where I come from.. the birds sing a AHH.. BOTCHED IT! THAT'S A BOTCH JOB

Aren't you guys a bit old to be summerfags?

...what?

Human>Coffin>God

i can't think of any religion where there are *any* steps that go from human to god. what are you talking about?

unless you mean steps as in levels of difference. not steps one can take towards a goal (becoming a god)