Sup Forums why are there no black protagonist characters in Lord of the Rings world? Was Tolkien racist?

Sup Forums why are there no black protagonist characters in Lord of the Rings world? Was Tolkien racist?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think Tolkien spelled out the skin color of every single character. If so, then you would be the racist one for assuming they aren't black.

Yes, and so are you.

all orcs are niggers

>implying being racist is bad

It represents a racial battle between whites a blacks. Beautiful White people are benevolent while the ugly black niggers deserved to be defeated and exiled

Because Tolkien was specifically attempting to invent a mythology for England/northwest Europe, where (until recently) everyone was white. It's like claiming Chinese mythology is racist because everyone in it is, well, Chinese.

this

/thread

>It's like claiming Chinese mythology is racist because everyone in it is, well, Chinese.

That movie called Great Wall or some shit came out several months ago and everyone was pissed off that it starred Matt Damon. The movie was about fucking demon/monster/aliens attacking a fictionalized version of China but SJW's couldn't handle a white person being in a movie that takes place in China.

last redpilled movie.
just imagine how terrible it would be today with transorgs and hobbits who constantly talk about fatacceptance.

middle earth takes place in europe since they had knights, castles, and dragons. Black people lived in africa back then, there weren't any asians either

Well why is the Antagonist party strictly black? There were some white-ish orcs, but overall they are blackish/brownish. The orcs are described as tortured elves which have succumbed to the dark so it would make sense to make them similar in same way to the elves (except for the pointy ears), ain't it?

Because dark is commonly associated with evil. Stop thinking so much about it.

The creatures were already established in other mythologies. The same as dwarves and elves.

Tolkien noted that Scotland, Wales and Ireland (and even Cornwall to some extent) all their own pagan mythologies, but England had lost theirs.

It was an attempt to write something that people would read and feel like it happened to their world a long time ago. And he borrowed heavily from other local mythologies to do it.

Remember though, it took him 18 years to write, though a fucking world war, and it was changed a lot in that time.

But it all started out being for the English.

Because in European mythology, demons, ghouls and other evil creatures are traditionally depicted to be black. Check out medieval paintings of demons, for exmaple. This isn't because they're meant to represent non-Europeans though; if anything, it might reflect fear of the night.

Yes but everyone was overtly racist in the early 1900's.

And he wasn't even playing an Asian character.

That's the fucked up part them protesting the film.

Meanwhile that shitty remake of GITS was obvious white washing, even the ending made it fucking obvious.

Middle Earth has no niggers. Why is this hard to comprehend?

It probably does. In the South or East.

But the stories in LotR and Hobbit don't concern themselves with that land. They're only referenced as existing.

live action GITS is shit but Major can look however she wants since she's an android. By the time of Stand Alone Complex the only biological parts she has left is some brain tissue

The movie being shit and Scarlet Johanssen being shit are separate issues

This mother fucker knows.
Not racist.
Trying to make it racist is just more over the top bullshit.

Well not according to the writings. You are engaging in speculation.

Here is a reply because you fucking closet racist idiots try so hard with your b8

Read history.
Don't be an idiot.
Don't be a troll.

There, now you feel better.

you stupid cunt in every fantasy world orcs are niggers , like wow for example orc = standard nigger , troll = nigger from jamaica/haiti , goblin = gangster nigger

oh wait right theres one difference between gangster niggers and goblins , goblins are intelligent

that movie was fucking garbage

>If orcs are niggers, then who are chinks?

No blacks

Uruk hai are elves and orcs crossbread. It's what u cucks call bleached

Because if Frodo was black, he would've pawned the ring and put spinning rims on his kart.

/thread

>Was Tolkien racist
That is idiotic. How many different species/races were in LOTR? Where there supposed to be black elves? Hobbits? Suck my dick OP, too many people ruining everything today for no fucking reason.

You = nigger with shit b8 thinking he is funny
Fuck off back to Sup Forums with your troll logic faggit

>You = nigger with shit b8 thinking he is funny
It was funny, debbie downer.

Sauron is Boss Nigger, yo.

Lando Calrission was black you dumb asshole. He's my favourite lord of the flies film character that tolkien wrote

I think this peaked with Ghost in the Shell. The protagonist was Asian, but put in a white looking body to hide her real identity. They freaked out because the robot was the wrong colour.

>white washing,
This is the terminology of the 21st century bigot. It's different when you do it, right?

You're thinking Star Trek douche. Remember? With Buck Rogers on that Battle star Galactica thing?

Bc he wrote it in WWII,the great white cleanser.
There might have been a few somewhere, but niggers didn't even have a bit part to play really.

Hitler loved the darkies.

I know you're being ironic, but there are people who actually think this.

The pirate mercenaries that lived under mordor were somewhat dark if I remember right

lots of woods. niggers don't go innawoods

nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

What idiots don't know, is that Americans and Asians have always had a shared love affair for kaiju movies. Plenty of whites have roles in even the Asian Godzilla franchise.