Went to USA recently, and I was shocked at how cheap houses were

Went to USA recently, and I was shocked at how cheap houses were.

Anyway, basically found out, then make them out of fucking WOOD.

You know when they have a storm or whatever, theres always millions of dollars of property damage? Its because they build them out of fucking wood....

Seriously america what the fuck are you doing.

we make our fucking sheds better than your houses. Why don't you make proper buildings?

Even like 6 bed mansions are made out of fucking plywood and plasterboard.

Pic related; large american house

how we make fucking sheds in the UK:

youtube.com/watch?v=LP67MAoihZk

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BigK9H4rmf8
youtube.com/watch?v=ryvnUur4TDM
youtube.com/watch?v=-f-bU1_wl_w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

holy shit your build your buildings like a treehouse.

fuck it gets worse.

This is like a fucking 4 story apartment building, garage and everything, and it looks like its made of matches.

english house under contruc for comparison.

im so confused. is it like a cost thing?

Depends where you are in the country. Anywhere with threats of hurricanes and shit have much more strict building codes. Otherwise wood frame houses are more than strong enough and the risk of a tornado every 100 years isn't worth building them from concrete.

Is... is this not normal? I swear I'm going to go insane in burgerland.

You know what's even worse?
They don't have bricks. In Europe we have tons of different designs for different purposes but in the states they have those hollow concrete blocks or 1800 style full bricks

Dude Europe only gets tornadoes every 100 year, the US gets them like every month, yet Europe has proper houses whereas the US had matchstick houses, like wtf?

On the west coast bricks and stone will get fucked up when a big earthquake comes.

OP is a double nigger

>mfw I've been building my home out of sticks instead of bricks

FUCK YOU!
My house has wheels

this is basically a gore thread for EU people

No it won't fucker. It's more durable.
If that we as the case Japan would build their houses with branches.

Tru

Video is "How to build a really SOLID shed". So basically the title implies that he isn't building a normal shed. That's like saying how to cook really fried potato chips but that's stupid because normal potato chips are fried in the first place. So one UK guy building an exceptionally strong shed and advertising it as so, doesn't mean that's how typical sheds, let alone buildings are built elsewhere. Kill yourself. Who the fuck cares? Most houses stand up fine. Houses are built on need and cost. Everywhere I've lived features a typical wooden frame design with NO structural damage due to it being made of wood. Wood is strong as shit considering. Metal and brick houses aren't as easily repaired, insulated, or modified.

i dont get it why u are this upset. in europe we built our houses out of wood aswell. i mean at least before the egypts. so we now know at what cultural point the US is right now.

Guess you have to build it to withstand Islamic attacks. We don't have that problem in America. Enjoy your refugees and no guns eurocuck

wood is just fine when you build it right
youtube.com/watch?v=BigK9H4rmf8
>you nitwit cock gobbler

Even filthy gypsies have brick horses in Europe.
Let that sink in America

block can be fine too
youtube.com/watch?v=ryvnUur4TDM
>btw you're welcome for America doing the heavy lifting of finding more and better ways to improve life and living.

Do they build new houses in Europe or just rotate families into old ones that have been there since the 1600s?

America is all about that cash. Quick easy cash. Of course the houses are made out of wood. Much cheaper and easier to build with.

Gypsy homes in the Southern U.S.
youtube.com/watch?v=-f-bU1_wl_w

I think sbout that shit all the time and i just get so pissed that i was born here

There are only specific areas of the US that get slammed with tornadoes and they have building codes with wind ratings, structural integrity standards and everything because of it.

This is just plain full retard. There are plenty of brick houses in the US.

There's a Reason for this that most dont talk about.

Planned Obsolescence.

Its understood in the economic community that because of infinite expansionism that any land can be redeveloped into something "better" either by selling it up to a commercial project or a high dollar condo.

Houses are only designed to last 20-40 years because its believed that by the time they start falling apart - the person owning it will either get Imminent Domain'd or they'll sell the land to someone who will redevelop it into something else.

Farmer or estate sells some of his land to get Subdivided into a Residential Neighborhood.

20-30 years later that Neighborhood gets bought up by a developer who decides to open up a Shopping Complex of some kind.

Or they initiate building a hot new 4 story Apartment Complex that costs twice as much to live in... which raises property values in the entire neighborhood.

Its jewconomics but there you have it... thats how things work in the united states.

Go suck euro dick, faggot.

>goyim dumb enough to buy suburbia houses that all look the same

Japan do make their buildings out of wood.

Look at the pagoda. Now we have steel, but they still love tradition over there. And the sway design in their larger wooden buildings has been utilized in their steel sky scrapers as well, to withstand natural disasters.

That is, if you make it out of cheap recycled shit, you can keep charging higher prices for that cheap recycled shit out at the lumber yard.

And when it comes time to tear down the house later for the next construction project, itll be easier to tear it down and those materials can be recycled again.

And it keeps the construction budget for making a house cheaper too since you know you're only planning on it to last 40 years tops.

Americans don't live in the same house all their lives anymore. They just move.

They don't keep the same jobs until retirement either, unless they started out more than 20 years ago. Countless companies will screw you on retirement benefits by finding reasons to fire you just 2-3 years before you hit retirement. And you Never get raises at jobs in the US anymore... you just go and find a higher paying job.

They care more about whats in the neighborhood and what features the house has. Like a patio or pool in the back yard.

OP is jelly he will never have a giant laid out living room with glorious strong wooden beams spanning across the whole

It gets worse. In Chicago there is a building boom of residential high-rises, with towers usually around 20 - 50 stories, that are made using steel beams much too flimsy for the weight of concrete floors, but dressed up when finished to look like the glass curtain walled structures of old that are solid as bridges. They're built to 3rd world standards, but with 1st world cosmetics.

Yes, your buildings are built to last ten thousand years and that's nice and everything, but... I went to a Switzerland and the houses had walls 14" thick made out of stone.

You know how expensive that shit is? Not just to build, but to maintain, to renovate, to knock down and renovate, to bulldoze down and rezone?

We build 30 year homes. After 30 years, they're junk. After much longer than that, no one likes the outdated place anyway and wants to tear it all apart, or rip the whole neighborhood down and put in a strip mall. And you know what, we make $$$ every time they do. It's quantity over quality, on purpose, user. Its how we put the most amount of people in houses, where they can be taxpayers and fund our military, instead of apartments which don't generate shit for tax revenue. It's how we keep whole populations in place, instead of having them feel like they can wander off anywhere. It's how we can employ millions of unskilled, uneducated people cheaply in lucrative construction and development jobs instead of having them suckle at the welfare teat.

Cheap disposable wood homes are the key to US economy as much as cheap energy. If done right with sustainable forestry, we can even ensure a cheap, endless supply of wood, whereas stone just destroys the country to extract and leaves a big toxic hole someone has to pay to contain.

Architect.

Wing Fort House is a historic house at Spring Hill Road in East Sandwich, Massachusetts.

The house was built in 1641 and added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1976.

>a house lasts as long as it's cared for in general. It's easy to blame others or poor craftsmanship for your own fucking retardedness

I think this is for niggers and feminists and eliteist professor class. I'm fine with that building collapsing.
>great idea if you think about it. build shit tier building, sell for lost of money to people you hate, go bankrupt before it collapses, profit.

True, that's why every time Mexico gets hit with a quake their buildings crumble and kill everyone, bc theirs are still concrete and stone, versus ours, which don't anymore, because we spent billions after the SF quake learning how how to build them as only semi-rigid structures capable of handling dynamic loads without catastrophic failure.

Its for jobs.

If you make things to last in the US it gets rid of a ton of jobs.

First of you need more skill to lay brick and concrete.
A monkey can make a house out of wood. They have prepaired layouts that the crew already knows so they can make a house in about two weeks because they already have the measurements in their head.

If a hose is sound it will never need repairs so no contractors would be ever needed so there goes all those jobs. No sheetrock plywood or any other shit that instantly brakes os going to sell anymore so there goes those jobs.

Its because the US NEEDS shit to constantly brake so they can make jobs for it. The more shit that brakes the more jobs there are to fix them.

construction worker here.
it does not escape me that we build our houses out of sticks and mud.
Granted, 2x4 are pretty straight, as sticks go, and sheet rock, bricks, and mortar are very specific kinds of mud that is meticulously prepared, but when you get down to it it's still sticks and mud.

But that's not even the best part.
STUCCO is literally just styrofoam with mud on top of it. We just finished a dentist's office whose entire exterior is mud-coated styrofoam trimmed with "decorative" styrofoam "beams" with a wood-grain veneer to make them look like true-cut 8x8 wood beams which would actually have been cheaper according to the GC. I've always mocked people who put really strong high-security locks on doors with big glass windows, but making the exterior out of styrofoam is a whole new level of stupid.

almost forgot, sell stock in insurance companies and buy law firms that will get paid in the ensuing lawsuits.

Even then brick, stone and block are retardedly cheap in mexico not to mention labor. You can build the equivalent of a 150,000 dollar house in mexico for like 20 or 30k...

non homeowner detected.

yes because mexico is shit tier and no one wants to live among the corrupt and lazy wetbacks.

Wood is cheaper and easier to get in America whilst in Europe stone is more plentiful and cheaper.

I actually own 4 houses here in the states and a few in mexico. And land.

lol I just wrote almost the same thing pint for point.

It's predatory, but it wouldn't be if it didn't work so well.

Sorry to say but you aren't a construction worker, if you were you'd know that exterior walls aren't constructed with 2x4s.

right.

Really? Is that why i sell houses in mexico for a retarded amount of money to Americans who want to live in mexico?
Look outside your window, this isn't the 90s anymore.

>brake
>brakes

Retard.

Nobody is forcing you to stay. Go see how much "better" it is somewhere else

Sorry to say, but you're neither a psychic nor a detective.
You are correct that the exterior walls are 2x6, but I never said the exterior walls were 2x4. The only comment I made about the exterior was the silly styrofoam.
(20 year electrician, btw, feel free to quiz me on NEC)

True. Land is the tricky bit. You can buy some, but you have to live there full time and risk your life, or pay the cost, to defend it. I have friends and a boss that own land that they haven't been to in 15 years since shit got ugly and the ownership was basically taken by manifest destiny.

wut

>i sell houses in mexico for a retarded amount of money to Americans
i sell houses in mexico for a retarded amount of money to *some* Americans
not all americans are smart.

Some people put their money on real estate instead of a bank.

Us:
>why we don't build everything out of concrete and stone
You:
>cost of construction and living in general is cheap
That's not what we're talking about user.

right

I detect the hand of the jew

yes, its a cost thing. General Contractor here, wood is relatively cheap because theres so much of it here. Most residential buildings are made out of wood. Commercial is more commonly steel or tilt up concrete

I dont think you know what you are talking about man. Mexico is pretty safe as long as you dont mess around. Just like everywhere else. Dont fuck with trouble or trouble will find you.

japan doesnt have enough wood you fucking idiot

How is $200,000 for a house “cheap”?

What the fuck is "is... is"? You fucking f.... Faggot.

Not really, houses in Mexico have steel structures to make them more flexible. And even if they fail in an earthquake it's still cheaper than repairing wooden houses all year.

Right, some Americans can affor it. Some cant.

But it is. Its the reason why you dont build with stone and brick.

>mexico
>wetbacks

do you even know what you're saying? mexican wetbacks can't even exist in Mexico by definition.

with a small loan of a million dollars

eurocuck detected
how does that daily muslim rape feel like?

In England they have to make their houses more bomb proof than we do here in the ol U S of A.

I really like the look and style of your cement tomb Nigel, Trying to keep Achmed from finishing what Adolf started?

>never once said that
Your reading comprehension leaves much to be desired.

We have lots of cheap lumber. Besides, very few buildings of any material are going to survive an F5 hurricane.
Also, it's not like buildings can't be built out of those materials if you wish. It's an issue of choice, and most people choose to buy bigger houses built of cheaper material.

Your faggot as will never leave your house.

Those kind of awesome houses exist in America too. This thread is just well bong'd b8 m8.

Also refugees welcome.

Inwould very much like to see the structural integrity of a stone house in a california 6.5 earthquake or larger. the wood buildings bend and dont crumble... then agin they only last 100 years not like the 500 year old appartment in lisbon i used to live in

Are you poor or something? 200k is a pretty standard starting point for anything on a standard quarter-acre lot and most other places outside of the trailer park.

when a Muslim family needs a house move the native European family out. that way they don't look racist. Sometimes the European wife stays so Muhamad has an extra hole to cum in.

Are you this cucked that you have to point out American building styles to make yourself feel smug?

What a shame and to think your ancestors used to conquer moslems.

50%

no wonder their carbon footprint is insane, hardly any insulation.

Not to mention this is a country with termites.

EU isn't Europe dumb fuck

200k is fucking dirt cheap for a house. Anything less is in Niggerville or Meth Valley.

I have several homes in my neighborhood that are wood and over 100!years old and people still live in them happily.

This thread is a waste of time. Simon over here started the thread because he's mad at America for not helping him remove kebab and his sister probably got raped (again) (3rd time this week) (brexit)

WELL YA KNOW MY NAME IS SIMON, AND I LIKE TO DO DRAWRINGS!!

You are unbelievably stupid. There are so many things wrong in your statement that I'm not sure where to begin. "Oooh, let's build a house that falls down after thirty years, then we can build a new one." If this was a decision based on planned obsolescence then the time to that end is far, far too long for a single entity to profit on. That is not capitalism. Everyone in this thread is an idiot.

Stick framing is done all around the world and is so much more efficient that brick or stone. Electrical - runs easily through a framed house, Plumbing? Same thing. I can change what I want simply and easily with stick framing. Cost, flexibility, availability all are components of stick frame housing. Let's see how cheap and easy it is to put up a roof with stone. Flying buttresses anyone? OP is a troll, but most of you are complete fucking, 12 year old idiots. I don't even know why I'm correcting you bunch of chimpanzees.

>Paying off "your" house for 35 years.

I work with guys in their 60s who still make house payments.

>Bu.. butt its my house guiz i swear its minee, i mean yes i pay every month for it but the title has my name on it guys i swear its my house guys ;_;

Where the fuck did you get that bullshit?

USA didn't exist in 1600 so you won't have houses that old. Get some culture fucktards

If you have central heating and air conditioning you can afford to make homes out of wood.

You mean eminent domain retard

Stay away from St Augustine

If you're poor.

Carpenter here. Yes made out of wood. Anything over 3 floors needs sprinkler system. Wood is cheap. Codes are pretty decent though. In the northeast we install hurricane straps. We have tornadoes in NY but very rare and hardly last long or does damage. It's actually the winter snow loads that cause the most damage. Hurricanes only create flooded basements. Believe it or not wood frames are actually stronger than steel and block. Wood is flexible and can take lots of stress before failing. Steel and concrete are too stiff and are brittle, these types of medium can literally shatter and fail in a devastating way under load. If I wanted to, I could build a wood frame to withstand almost anything short of a massive cataclysmic event. At that point your house is the least of your worries. Bad points about wood is moisture, rot and fire. You gotta really be able to isolate the wood from the elements. OSB sheathing is some of the flammable shit I've ever seen. That include TJI joist systems and trusses. They nice and light, easy to install, but man, one fire and the whole floor or roof will collapse on you in an instant. Conventional 2x's are the best thing. They will take a long burn and still hold its structure and give you plenty of time to escape. Couple that with Sheetrock and fire retardant insulation and lots of fire blocking, you'll be plenty safe.

wut?

Prices vary wildly from region to region. You're literally wrong.

it probably would take a bomb to knock down my house, but i bet your house could be defeated by wind

I'll feel free to quiz you on why you fukkers never tidy up after yourselves, you're worse than fukkin plumbers and why you charge so fukkin much for tightening a few terminal screws, fuck me, if you can wire a plug you can wire a house, fekkin sparkies.

I heard they discovered a cure for cancer, but its almost impossible to collect because its very rare. I think its called electricians sweat.

better to rent from the bank and eventually own than to rent from some jew for a lifetime.