Why do poor people vote against their own interests?

Why do poor people vote against their own interests?

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/2016/05/20/movies/the-other-side-review.html?_r=0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because muh guns and abortion.

As long as they get to keep their guns, they're ok with this. I'm fucking surrounded by redneck trump supporters where I live.

He could have had it all.

Because your ideologies dont necessarily align with your personal best interest.

It might be in someone's best interest to kill an infant for a million dollars, that doesnt mean killing the infant is worth it to them.

They're stupid.

What state?

Only true answer. Not a single redneck Trump supporter actually understands what Trump is doing in his bills

It has been said a billion times, there are no poor people in murrica only temporarily embarrassed millionaires.

Europe=/=America

because niggers getting all the gubment benefits and fucking our daughters.

lower taxes for everyone stupid. Most poor people in america dont even pay federal taxes

I dont know but the trend has been coming to Europe too lately, with the bourgeois parties really slowly gaining traction amongst the work force for some reason.

I don't quite understand it, but I guess its some sort of shame of your class and wanting to feel you're better when you vote for the rich guy.

I never like white people.

it's so telling that it's usually people like that, who live in the worst shitholes in the us, think that everyone in europe is so poor, blablabla, and that they're so fucking blessed to be part of the one nation chosen by god.

makes me sad, although it shouldn't.

kinda does actually.

preferable to niggers though and they are mutually exclusive.

There are more poor people in america than middle class and well off people. There are more homeless than millionaires.

Because you're incapable of any sort of nuanced understanding of the Right.

As an Australian and outsider looking in, America is such a fucking weird country. Why a poor, working class white person would ever vote for a right wing party is totally beyond me. It happens here too, but with Australia it's basically just voter apathy, in America these people support their parties religiously. American culture is shit.

Western Leftists have totally abandoned any concern for the worker. All they do is shill for minorities, which is harmful to the native worker.

just in case anyone's interested, watch "the other side" by roberto minervi. went to an artsy cinema with my gf and it was the only thing playing that night.

nytimes.com/2016/05/20/movies/the-other-side-review.html?_r=0

chilling shit!

The fact that you think that statement is okay to say is very telling.

This. They're too dumb to realize that this is what they're voting for. Tell them, and they will deny it.

Because they're smart enough to realize that expropriating the rich will bring them only short term gains.

What do you fags think will help the poor then? Raising the minimum wage wouldn't. Welfare won't. I hate to tell you but the left has abandoned the Midwest.

1. The premise of OP's post that poor people always vote against their best interests is generally true, but
2. In the context of Trump, he was put into power by upper-middle class white people. Not poor white people. The average Trump voter is a white male who makes like $90k a year. That's the top of the bell curve. Yes, richer people voted for him and poorer people did too, but the average Trump voter was stunningly upper-middle class. My interpretation? These are the people who had nothing to worry about. Nothing Trump wants/can do will effect them positively or negatively. If he taxes corporations they're fine. If he taxes poor people they're fine. If he eliminates Bama Care they're fine, if he eliminates food stamps or tanks the economy, they're fine. If he start a gigantic quagmire of a war ala Vietnam or Iraq, they're fine. If he deports Mexicans en masse, destroys families, reverses gay marriages, they're fine. They voted less "for" Trump than they voted "against" everyone else.

Well, they haven't really, but I get that the observation that such a thing is happening has driven supporters towards, for example, nationalist parties. Which is really unfortunate, because solidarity, even between nations, was always a cornerstone of internationalist leftist thinking.
Another ironic thing is that the economically right wing parties that have gained such traction within the last couple of decades are also, if not more, in support of immigration in general, because for them it means cheap workforce. The average supporter of the largest right wing party here at least is likely to be very socio-liberal, what ever that means.

You're most likely one of those "white people", aren't you...?

> lower taxes for everyone

Found the redneck republican. They are actually stupid enough to believe this, that republicans want to lower everyone's taxes. Quite sad really.

No, it's because stupid people are easily frightened and the Republicans know this. So they play off of ignorant people's fear and insecurity and get their votes.
You can lie to stupid people because they never check your facts.

I'm starting to think that he doesn't know either

Deporting Mexicans would be a better way to raise wages than price controls.

If you think that open borders plus a high minimum wage is sound economic policy, you sound so stupid that I assume you're arguing in bad faith.

thanks for that.

How do you lower taxes on rich people who can get out of paying any?

Tribal thinking is a poor way to live. I don't know what race you are, but if you live in America and believe it should be your race VS whites, it will not be a good ending for you.

Cause the easier way for bussiness people = more jobs for poors

As if God has a favorite country lol

I didn't mention either of those concepts user nor did I mention sound economic policy

>The average Trump voter is a white male who makes like $90k a year.
I never thought it was possible to be this stupid.

Right, which is why the Republican party scares the poor stupid people into voting for them