Help, it hurts as fuck, should I just keep playing and ignore it?

Help, it hurts as fuck, should I just keep playing and ignore it?

Other urls found in this thread:

fretnotguitarrepair.com/repair/acoustic-guitar/truss-rod.php
vocaroo.com/i/s1TKsSuLRtjl
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bard
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

These rashes started occuring when I played more barre chords, I've been playing for 5-6 months now. Is this normal?

looks like herpes

Its normal for new players with soft fingers, its just blisters and shit if it hurts too much use a pick until it heals, happens all the time

just don't do any barre chords for a couple of days

Do you not know what callusses are?

If that is happening to you then your action may be too high. If you have only been playing for 5 to 6 months, did you ever send your guitar to a luthier to set it up?

It's my left hand/finger, not right. I switch between pick and fingerstyle depending on what I play

OP don't pop blisters. Can cause infection. Leave alone to heal and

I do, but the thing I have don't really look like calluses.
Never, with "action too high" you mean that all the strings are too high from the fretboard?

FINGER IN POOPER

Yup, that's exactly what I mean. The distance between the 12th fret and the E string should not be higher than 3mm.

Also, do you know how to adjust your truss rod? Doing barre chords should not put that much punishment to your finger.

why dont you get a metal gutar slide or clamp

I measured, it is 5-6 mm, distance between 12th fret and E string. I don't know how to adjust truss rod, I don't even know how to change strings, never done it before.

are you trying to play bar chords?

Yeah, but I can't even try anymore since my finger is fucked

ok your strings might be rusty... it is probably sliding across the board that is doing this. I would recommend not playing for a day or so and replacing ur strings. goodluck OP also a classic guitar is a better beginners guitar

Yup, your action is too damn high and most likely means both your saddle and nut are not set up.

As for your truss rod, there should be a hex hole in your guitar, either on the headstock covered by a plaque or visible, or inside the sound box right where the neck bolts to. All acoustic guitars like yours have a truss rod.

What it does is help the neck cope with the tension from the strings and if it is not adjusted from time to time it can start warping the neck making it harder to press down strings towards the middle.

I really recommend that you take it to a guitar shop and see if someone can set it up for you as well as teach you how to adjust the truss rod if you don't feel confident doing it yourself.

This site gives a great tutorial on truss rods, check it out for the time being.

fretnotguitarrepair.com/repair/acoustic-guitar/truss-rod.php

If I play something would you be able to hear if the strings are bad?

Everything should be done in moderation.

Too much of anything can be bad for you.

Stop being such a pussy.

Go outside.

Also there is literally no point in learning an instrument later in life, it will just be a useless talent that you never use besides showing off.

Learn a language instead.

yeah they give a bad sound and start to detune faster and it just become horrible to play on. this also cuts into your skin if it is rusty

I get these rashes when summer starts, I lose some skin from my hands and forms tiny little pimple, it's something to do with grease and moisture in your skin or something.

It only started when I was 18-19

Yeah, since my fingers are fucked anyways and I'm already 21 it's maybe better if I just stop, I'm pretty bad anyways. Always wanted to play at a small bar but I guess that's too late

Lol, don't be a pussy. Everything has a learning curve and you can't expect to be good at 5 - 6 months.

Dyshidrotic eczema

Problem is I don't know how bad/good I am for 5 months of practice since nobody has heard me play

this

Vocaroo. Play something like.. I dunno, smoke in the water.

Play through you pussy

I don't know smoke on the water but here's another one, mic quality might be bad, sorry
vocaroo.com/i/s1TKsSuLRtjl

No idea what the FUCK you are talking about. That's pretty solid fingerstyle for 5 - 6 months. You do sound a bit too ''stiff'' and sounds like you need to loosen up a bit.

What I mean is that you may be plucking your strings too hard trying to make them sound loud, just relax.

Thank you for your input, I'll keep it in mind.

>implying Arabic wont be the only language after Islam conquers the world

let your finger heal up a bit

if it keeps happening try putting superglue on your finger to toughen it up

I have played for 17 years, you have the same thing I have but it's more severe.

You are allergic to nickel. It is very simple.

There are hypo-allergenic strings, I don't use them myself because the hard itchy blisters aren't too bad.

Washing your hands after playing helps a lot.

The action may be high, but that causes friction blisters, what he has is different.

If I would take picture of the fretboard, would you be able to tell if thea action is too high? I think that might be my problem...

The blisters you're getting are normal. If they hurt too much, take a break. Don't pop them, just let them heal on their own. The blisters will heal, and the skin will toughen and begin to callous. Callouses are your friend, they protect you and make you stronger.

Listen to this guy. Take your guitar into a shop and have it set up properly. They'll adjust your action and fix your string tension so your strings don't eat your fingers up.

Happy learning and playing user. Been playing for over 10 years, keep up the hard work.

What happens to your fingers when you press down strings that are too high? The skin breaks up more. You also have to press harder when you slide into another note to keep the slide consistent and not mute it.

Lots of plebs don't understand the benefits of a guitar which is set up correctly.

take it from the side so we can see how far your strings are away from your fretboard.

The reason why I think I don't have nickel allergy is because in that case these rashes would show up way earlier. They only started popping up once I started with frequent barre chords. The calluses on my finger tops are fine, I don't have any problem with them unless I play for a couple of hours straight, then it starts hurting, but I assume that's normal?

I am the user that has been helping with the action, also complimented your playing. 5MM is too high. If you have a long ruler you can lay it on the fret by it side and see if there is any warping in your neck, too.

It's a Yamaha F335

Most muslims I know barely mastered my language's alphabet, let alone arabic.

Thanks, I posted a pic of the side of the fret

>vocaroo.com/i/s1TKsSuLRtjl

OP, you sound good man. Keep it up, you've already got a good grasp on your basics and it sounds like you've pretty much learned how to use your muscle memory.

The more you play and the more you learn, the more excited you'll be to perform and write your own music. Don't listen to the user that told you to give up. You'll get the hang of this in no time.

Yeah, no allergy. That's just standard wear and tear from playing the shit out of the guitar. Those wounds are a good thing. It means you're progressing.

check to see if guitar is tuned correctly, accurate well constructed & glued guitar wood,that maintains proper tuning on each note position is easier to play.
you might try rosin on that barre finger.
it does take a couple weeks of playing,( like an hour a day) to build up calluses.
if it itches,might be some finishing chemical that causes allergic dermatitis, a polish,some cleaner, residue from finishing at the factory

Tried taking a similar photo for comparison, sorry about hairy leg. But yes, your strings look to be on the high side of things.

>Dyshidrotic eczema

this. They are not calluses

Yup. It'll heal. Don't moisturizer stop jerking off with moms hand cream or whatever you're using. Keep playing faggot. Get a nylon string to practice if you need a break.

allergy to strings

Yeah that's for sure lower than OPs. Man, I feel bad for him for practicing for so long on his guitar.

What's a good way to start learning to play the guitar?

Picking one up.

that's a ukulele. who uses a slide on a ukulele?

You're allergic to guitar strings. Sorry about your career, man.

keep on playing, it's just blisters forming on the tip of your fingers. they'll eventually become insensitive

who uses a slide on the middle finger either?

>there is literally no point in learning an instrument later in life, it will just be a useless talent that you never use besides showing off.
no, you are wrong, fucking faggot. Psychologist and music therapist here.
fuck off

>it will just be a useless talent that you never use besides showing off
This nigga doesn't know the benefits of having a bard in your party

Coz personal enjoyment is worth nothing.
What an existence

Have you ever played slide properly?

Maybe you should practise on yourself, cuz you sure sound angry.

Are you just a complete moron?

Took out my dobro just to show the difference in action. This is for slide playing only, but I have been playing for a while so I don't have problem pressing strings this high, if needed. But definitely not okay for learning.

You mean a band? Or what's a bard? Non-native english speaker here

I'm just being a dick.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bard

Bards are also used in video games to provide buffs to other party members, traditionally through song.