Thanks feminism!!

Thanks feminism!!

nytimes.com/2016/05/10/nyregion/bartenders-cant-refuse-pregnant-women-alcohol-new-york-city-says.html

C'mon it's 2016

Why aren't you having kids born with Fetal Alcohol Syndrome

kek, enjoy your birth defected baby bitch.

Just refuse on a different reason.

She's not abiding by the dress code.

Make your dress code prohibit maternity wear.

>ban large sodas
>force bartenders to serve pregnant women

Libfag logic

>I'm drinking for two

Also, isn't it illegal to serve minors? that should be enough

Just let the libs slowly die out... it's not like their children will live happy lives anyways and now they'll be born incompetents. The cycle seals itself in.

kek

>yfw the bar will be responsible for babby's birth defects and have to pay for Special Care

Every fucking day i see new degeneracy, each worse than the last.

Armageddon when?

If we didn't pay for all the retard babies I really wouldn't care.

Spread this on normiebook please.

These aren't mutually exclusive, both are correct. Deal with it. Who is the bartender to discriminate against a woman having a drink? He's not her fucking babysitter.

Cant refuse service but you can get the order wrong since mistakes happen. Just keep serving her non alcoholic shit until she takes the fucking hint.

Here's your beer, enjoy your retarded baby.

>While covered entities may attempt to justify certain categorical exclusions based on maternal or fetal safety, using safety as a pretext for discrimination or as a way to reinforce traditional gender norms or stereotypes is unlawful
jej

Some jew lawyer is going to bring a lawsuit on that theory.

"My client's hormones were out of balance when she asked for that drink and the bartender should have known that she couldn't have consented to ordering in that hormonal state."

>serve the customer something they didn't order

Great fucking business there.

Bartenders also have a legal obligation to refuse drinks to people they believe to be intoxicated, so that's another way around this retarded new law.

No he isn't, The state just will be when she gives birth to her retard child. Stop being autistic leaf.

That's fucking stupid. The law literally protects the goddam bartender. Hell, sometimes you can't even tell a fucking woman is pregnant. If it was illegal to serve a pregnant woman alcohol some lady that's been pregnant for a month may not appear pregnant can give birth as a result of the drinking to a deformed baby and sue the fucking bar.

What the fuck is up with Sup Forums these days.

I'm sure women are ok with having retarded / disabled babies since it brings them attention and more power over the kid

Whats sad is that you really aren't even sort of kind of wrong. It WILL happen.

You're a moron and you're probably fat.

>leaf
>autistic

Good one, you fucking unoriginal, vapid cunt.

>NYC will just be miles and miles of transgender FAS babies roaming designated pissing streets in the near future

Thanks liberals.

LOL

aren't bartenders liable if they overserve someone and then knowingly let them drive?

I agree with the principal of letting people do what they want. However, drinking while planning on having a baby can be very irresponsible and endangers a potential human being.

Plus they can talk about it on Facebook and come up with catchy hashtags like #DifferentNotDisabled and shit like that.

>females
There's a reason our ancestors kept them on a tight leash.

>While covered entities may attempt to justify certain categorical exclusions based on maternal or fetal safety, using safety as a pretext for discrimination or as a way to reinforce traditional gender norms or stereotypes is unlawful

>using safety as a pretext for discrimination
you're not allowed to be safe if it hurts someone's feefees

>as a way to reinforce traditional gender norms or stereotypes
like giving birth? ffs

As someone who owns a fairly successful food chain I can tell you one thing. The customer isn't always right, and they're usually fucking stupid. Losing a handful of customers over something like that isn't really a big deal. No one gives a shit if some pissed off alcoholic no longer dines at their establishment.

So what? It's a private establishment. Why do her rights trump his? She's the one demanding a service.

People do weird shit to get around things that compromises their moral compass. Deliberately fucking up a small percentage of customers who are there against the better interests of their future kid shouldnt hurt a business too bad unless it blows up like that fag marriage cake story out of Colorado or whatever.

Liberals believe life doesn't begin until birth. Until then it is the mother's property.

Professional Bartender (USBG, IBA, Etc.) here, working in Houston, TX.

In the state of TX, Bartenders have the unequivocal right to refuse service for any reason at any time, to the point that I can serve you a drink, then you pay for it, and then I can take it away with no refund for any reason. I can refuse service just because I don't like your hat and I am totally legally protected.

The caveat is that we are also personally liable for over-service leading to injury. So the tradeoff is that if I get you drunk and you go kill someone, I can go to Jail. Which is why I don't do that.

In Texas bartenders have to get a TABC license, which is an additional set of legal protections for the Bartender and the Owner, but also a set of additional liabilities for the Bartender.

wake me up

>If it was illegal to serve a pregnant woman alcohol....

I agree, but that's not the law. There was no law in place prior to this, nor was there talk of making it illegal to serve pregnant women. This is about the absurdity of the government mandating a positive obligation on an establishment to serve a pregnant women. This in no way protects the bartender any more than the existence of no law would.

what subreddit is this. i need to go blow these faggots the fuck out

Why are women so irresponsible with an unborn child already?

Natural selection at work.

before you go go

If he isn't read to accept the laws of running an establishment (including non-discrimination) maybe the owner shouldn't be running a bar at all.

>but muh state rights
>muh join or die
>taxatation is theft

Fuck off.

mfw private businesses will soon have FAS quotas

It's child abuse

>it's another women run to the government to make a new law to protect their ability to be a drain on society episode

what will that even accomplish?

why don't you better go and study law or sth

Refute any of those things.

Also, that was the shittiest inb4 I've ever witnessed.

I used to think women shouldn't be allowed around children.

Now I know they should not even be allowed around children before they are born.

>Natural selection at work.
Except it's not because these women will pass on their genetic material and the offspring will be artificially allowed to grow to maturity and have the potential to pass on their genetic material.

its 2016 i would kill myself if my wifes son was neurotypical cisgender

I'm done with this shitty earth. Where's the quit button?

It's not the bartender's responsibility to ensure pregnant women aren't drinking alcohol. It's her decision if she wants to have a retarded baby down the line.

Canada, everyone. A. Fucking. Leaf.

Can't they refuse service for whatever reason they want?

>The caveat is that we are also personally liable for over-service leading to injury.
that is complete fucking bullshit. Unless you held them down and poured the drinks down their throat, what your customers do is their responsibility, not yours.

>It's not the bartender's responsibility to ensure pregnant women aren't drinking alcohol.

Right, but it's also should not be the bartender's legal obligation to ensure that pregnant women are drinking alcohol if they so chose.

Whoa, whoa, whoa. You have to make up your mind here. Youre inplying you want bartenders to have the power to refuse a pregnant woman alcohol. But my bet is that you probably scream for autonomy and personal responsibility. So which do you want? A bartender deciding whats best for a pregnant patron, or a patron making her own decisions?

You cant have it both ways, friend.

Depends on the state. You can't discriminate based on some things, but there's always a way around it. You can just refuse to serve them for another reason.

It's not anyone's duty to trade their property with others.

More stupid voters strategy.

>caring about birth defects is ableist, shitlord.
actual argument i've heard from a lot of people about the zika virus

Ive read (on Sup Forums so I dont know if true) that some hardcore feminists drink alcohol intentionally if having a boy

anyway PC bullshit has gone too far

So then our tax dollars go to it being a welfare sponge the rest of its worthless life

It was the legal tradeoff for absolute right to refuse service, and the only prosecutions on that law have been what is called "gross overservice" which is like giving someone 20 shots in two hours. There is no grey area in something like that. They never bring it up for general DUI or drunk driving accidents if the amount consumed could be construed as "reasonable to serve"

Basically in order to get in trouble you have to give someone alcohol poisoning.

Based Texas of reason

Bodily autonomy might come into play if we were talking about banning women from drinking. But we're not talking about that - this new law doesn't mean that a woman can now give her baby foetal alcohol syndrome if she wants to (she could do that already), what it means that now the bartender has to help her, which is an infringement on the bartender and the business' rights.

>You cant have it both ways, friend.

Shouldn't a bartender or business owner also have the autonomy to refuse to serve a drink? Why must his autonomous business decisions in a privately-owned establishment be the subject of federal or state discrimination investigations and regulations?

What? He isn't refusing to serve her because he's discrimination against pregnant people, he would refuse to serve her because it's dangerous. The same way you would refuse to serve someone who's already past their limit, because it would be dangerous for them to consume more alcohol.

Women keep thinking that alcohol is a guilt free way of getting out of aborting a baby.

Sadly it doesn't work well.

how is that thing going down in huehuehueland. I from what I read online it is either just a freak accident or it is the end of the world and nobody will be able to have kids anywhere

>Bartenders can't refuse pregnant women alcohol.

LOL! Prepare for an entire new generation of picrelated

Age discrimination... we should be serving little johnny too!

Not in America. Bartenders can be legally held accountable if they serve someone alcohol and then said person kills someone in a DUI accident. It's not just their responsibility, the bartender can get royally fucked for someone else's actions.

Nanny state! Nanny state!

You're fucking dumb desu. A business should always be allowed to refuse a good or service based for any reason and I don't see how this goes against autonomy and personal responsibility when the business owner is the one making the choice of who can have their product.

>New York

Everyone there is already retarded.

according to this bartenders are liable if they serve alcohol that they know will result in damaging people. so the bartender wouldn't be discriminating, they would be protecting themselves.

it's a world wide social experiment.
we are currently playing ''how low can you go'' so just sit back and enjoy the ride

That isn't true in many states, its split about 50/50 on the personal liability for overservice in some form.

So a business owner can refuse you service
> to protect you from yourself?

Got it

Show me some caps.
I wanna get mad.

>MaisieWilliams.jpg

KEK

Is this feminism too?

People like you give the other leafbros a bad name.

Nice strawman.

FAS kids might not be so bad

Bout to be a whole new generation of micks in New York.

Finally.

Won't matter if Supreme Court says it's sex discrimination.

Should a gun owner be legally obliged to see a gun to someone they suspect might be suicidal or murderous?

>n-n-n-no that's different
No it isn't :)

You're right, but it's the same concept. Even though I don't really give a shit if some stupid bitch poisons her kid, I'd rather not be the one that has to give her the poison or face discrimination charges.

thanks deblasio

It's his business. He should be allowed to refuse service of anyone for any reason. This is just yet another instance of the government sticking it's nose where it doesn't belong.

cept she can also apply for benefits for the child, meaning she will get money while other people take care of her kid.

Or she gives it up for adoption which is even more money from our taxes.

Any woman with alcoholism rampant enough to drink during pregnancy can get the fuck out of my bar. I would hope she tells her friends too, I don't want retards in my bar, either.

Should be an automatic 5 year sentence for drinking/smoking/drugs during pregnancy. Just abort the thing if you don't want it you stupid fucking whore, instead of shitting up another persons entire life.

As to if I'd be liable for serving a pregnant mother resulting in damage has never been tested in court, and likely never will. Personally I'd serve a pregnant woman a drink, but only one, if she asked for one, as I don't believe that one drink could possibly do serious or lasting harm given the science involved, but I certainly wouldn't let a pregnant lady get shithoused at my bar, it's just a bad look all around.

This all being said, I have in my 10 years of Bartending never had a pregnant lady ask for anything but maybe a half glass of wine.

Hopefully it will all come to an end soon. The Japanese will invent artificial wombs and robot nannies if the Jews don't destroy them first.

>dont want to do something against my conscience
>Jonas Brothers might boycott my state if I dont

They won't, not the way it's split right now. They're not refusing to serve alochol to that person because they're a woman. They're refusing to serve alcohol to that person because it is harming the kid inside of them.