Steak Thread

> Steak Thread

What is the only acceptable topping on steak and why is it horseradish?

The only appropriate option is NOTHING.You dont put shit on steaks,you eat steaks to savor the flavor of the meat,not fucking add shit on top of it.

I find a freshly whipped garlic and chive butter suits steak properly.

If you need a "topping" on a steak, you did it wrong.

shieett user, we /ck/ nao!

It's whatever you want it to be, minges.

that doesnt look like a chicago deep dish.

FUCK that looks good. Postin my oc momentarily

well, legitimately, mushrooms are fine. Other than mushrooms? I'm not aware of anything to add if you did it right.

ketchup on a well done steak.

Yeak, go ahead.. scorch a cheap steak you got at WalMart and slather it with some crap to drown the horrible taste. Well done.

salt, pepper, butter to taste

fuck now im hungry

Look at these ignorant Americans, lmao

How do you not even know how to crisp the fat, fucking pleb?

Also, lean steaks benefit from a garlic butter or bleu cheese. Fattier cuts like ribeye or strip can have horseradish.

1/10 beer, 1/10 salad, 3/10 cheese bread, 2/10 steak

I give the meal a 1.8/10 overall. Maybe push it up to a 2 if I drink both those shitty beers quickly.

You monster. . .

I bet you think the best cut of steak is the filet/tenderloin.

Butter
>inb4 amerifat

A prime rib I did last xmas

most of that is in the process of cooking it.

lol

That is a ribeye. A lot of talk from a faggot who can tell their cuts

And some ribeyes of mine. Boneless of course...

The answer is SALT!
Fuckin noob

spoken like someone who has never known the glory of chimichurri

tough guy southern hick with a muscle truck spotted

I know it's a ribeye. Most people with a clue about cooking can crisp the fat. Can you not read or did your tard-wrangler forget to block Sup Forums for you?

we need to see the inside. I want to judge how close to the edge the pink is.

Sautéed mushrooms or onions with some sauce make a steak great, but not needed on every steaks

those are some thin ribeyes. i bet they cooked like shit.

ketchup nustard mayo blend only right way

nah, i live in new york and drive a mazda cx5. I just understand that the ribeye is best for taste, strip best for texture. the only time a filet is good is if you get a porterhouse.

You put on a steak before you cook it not after you fucking piece of trash.

you cant really fuck up a ribeye unless you cook it above medium. those look about an inch thick, they were probably pretty good if they were salted a day or two ahead of time.

Cheese? Please don't tell me you're serious

Good teriyaki sauce aint too bad on steak

oh i've seen it done. if it's too thin it'll be well done by the time the outside is seared.

blue cheese, not cheddar you satanic idiot.

Whiskey cream sauce.
Bleu cheese/parmesan cheese crust. Nothing.

Only these are acceptable.

fair enough. those dont look too thin, especially if he only paid like 17/pound for them. they look about as thin as is reasonable to me.

lobster tail.

Rip me. I'm retarded sorry.

I like a well done steak with nothing on it

Europoor,

If you've never had a porterhouse slathered in butter, you don't know what you are missing.

When cheese turns blue, it goes in the trash.

I hope you get run over by a truck in front of your family on Christmas Eve

OP here. I forgot about chimichurri. That shit gets a pass

steak sauce

>being this cognitively deficient.

Ruth Chris, porterhouse for two, slathered in butter, $89 (meat only)

what's the deal with their name? ruth's chris steakhouse? what the fuck?

A1

A lady named Ruth bought Chris steak house

Yeah, A1 is pretty good on steak

>not buying it from the butcher and cooking it yourself

it's like you're trying to be a faggot on purpose

Pink all the way across. Do t have any after pics unfortunately

They were delish as always

Its probably the best "chain" steakhouse, its better than Morton's for example.

Its obviously only for special occasions, as its pretty pricey, each side is like 10$

so why not call it ruth's steak house? it just seems like a weird name now that it's a big chain.

The topic is "only acceptable topping on steak".
I stand by this.
fag

Looks like the closest one to me is on the other side of niagra falls. fuck that shit just for a steak, we have good places here in NY.

I have to disagree about Morton's. Maybe you just haven't been to a good one. Try the original one in Chicago. Put's RC to shame.

Because she wanted the Chris' steakhouse name to keep customers but she is an egotistical cunt and had to put her name in front.

yeah, like Ruth's Chris - there's one on 51st and 7th.

I prefer Keen's, though, personally; or Nick & Stef's

i get that now, it just sounds like "Chris steak" is what they have there or some shit.

Mushroom ketchup

not nyc. buffalo, ny.

new york is an entire state that takes like 10 hours to drive from one end to the other. I avoid the city since it smells like urine and boston sports are better.

Hey cock gobbler,

you couldn't cook a steak at home like this:

Broiled for an exact time at 1800 degrees Farenheit.

And you dad is a cock sucker too

i see somebody is butthurt they can't afford a nice grill with a searer on the side.

Hey fag wagon. Ive had better ribeye at outback you simpleton

NO WAY!! Morton's is good, not great. Ruth's Chris is much better

searer on the side? all you need is a weber kettle and an assload of lump coal with some wood chunks to cook a great steak.

pro tip: cooking a good steak is not about an exact time. it's how the steak feels. all steaks are different. if you cook them all for the same time, you'll fuck them up.

further proof you're a fucking pleb.

then we'll have to agree to disagree.

i'm not disagreeing with you. i prefer charcoal too, but nothing beats searing a steak before you throw it on. and also i can't stand the idiots who use lighter fluid on their charcoal. ruins whatever you're cooking.

I gathered from your post that you were in Buffalo, actually - you're the one that seemed to forget NY doesn't just mean your part of it.

I use one of those chimney things where you put the newspaper on the bottom, except I dont put paper down and I just blast the side with a propane torch. I prefer the reverse sear method, or just simply throwing it right over the heat since cold fat absorbs the smokey flavor a bit better than already seared fat in my experience.

if it's a good prime steak it's hard to fuck up unless you overcook it, so whatever way is fine with me.

>Its probably the best "chain" steakhouse, its better than Morton's for example.

It's a wash. RC in DC was great. Morton's in Boston was great. I'd eat at either place in a heartbeat.

why would you tell me where the one is in new york city when i'm seven hours away? theres one like 15 miles from me in ontario. who the fuck cares about your favorite steak place in the city, there are tons of great places to go there.

you don't let your steak hit room temp before you throw it on?

because you said there were better places in NY you could go to. I named some places in NY.

chicago has more. trust me.

I bet this fagit gets a "good steak" at denny's..

no because that takes like 4 hours if you are actually letting it get to 68f. I let it rest like 30 min or put it in a 170 degree oven for 1.5 hrs.

no, I dont go to denny's because I'm not poor or a communist.