Did Race Play a Role in Larry Wilmore's Downfall?

nbcnews.com/news/nbcblk/did-race-play-role-larry-wilmore-s-downfall-n634336

>Still, according to Elsa Waithe, a four-year veteran African-American stand-up comic, "The Nightly Show" was appointment television for her and plenty of her black peers, if for no other reason because it was one of the few comedy shows of its kind on air currently featuring a predominately black perspective.

>"To be frank, I think when they say Larry Wilmore's show wasn't 'playing well with audiences' I think that's just coded language to say its wasn't playing well with white audiences," she told NBC News. "Maybe for white audiences that was too many black people at once."

>"It's unfortunate that it was cancelled," added stand-up comic and former "Last Comic Standing" semifinalist Cyrus McQueen in a statement to NBC. "The few opportunities for black comedy writers just got reduced further."

>"You started a conversation that was not on television when you began," Stewart told Wilmore in an emotional farewell. "And you worked with a group of people who you invited to that conversation to collaborate with you, to sharpen that conversation and what you don't realize is, you walk out of this room and that conversation doesn't end."

Huh. Really makes you think.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/5OERYl6jU1U
archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/image/dcFqfk_gSgd803XvITAAxg/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Wow, he got canceled because white people, being the majority, didn't want to see a show where they got insulted and belittled.
Really makes you think.

>you wouldn't get it
>it's a black thing

Please keep telling me how being white is the problem

I ain't reading that shit. Here's my take

>Welcome to the NIghtly Show. Now, let's recap why you, the white viewer, are a piece of shit.

>Okay panel, let's hoot and howl pointless ignorant opinions devoid of insight and all agree with each other while making shallow observations of why you, the white viewer, are a piece of shit.

to think he got his start as the diversity training guy on the office. i guess maybe comedy central could have benefit from mr. brown's diversity classes

The Black Show With Blacky Blackson

"wyte people, amirite guys?"
*smirk*
*booming applause*

>makes the show about "a predominately black perspective"
>shocked when ratings fall

Wow it's almost as if when you pander to 12.3% of the population and demonize the majority, suddenly the show becomes more niche and less successful!

His ratings were garbage, he and the guests and his "core audience" were fucking retards.

Good riddance. Fuck that asshole for wasting Bill Nye's time.

This. I'm a leftarded liberal and this is exactly what it was, a white-guilt quasi-reverse racist half hour with terrible jokes. It could have been barely acceptable IF THE JOKES HAD BEEN FUNNY but they weren't even funny to the blacks and cucks that watched it, I'm sure

>black perspective

I'll take "words that mean nothing" for $200, Alex.

Is it right to keep something on the air if it loses money? Why waste something that others don't like/watch?
They can call it racist but that's called business.

Also fuck Wilmore. Guy treated Bill Nye like shit. Deserves to get fucked.

>"You started a conversation that was not on television when you began,"

I love how Liberals keep using the term "conversation" when it comes to shit shows like Wilmore and the Daily Show and Jon Oliver.

It's never a "conversation", and Liberals never want it to be a "conversation".

What they want is to LECTURE their opposition.

When they DO get a conversation, and people who oppose them are allowed to raise questions and counter-arguments, they chimp-out, shut the conversation down and accuse their opponent of being "racist".

The constant repost of this thread doesn't even make me mad because it reminds me that this garbage show got cancelled.

Then you (conservatives, collectively) should stop bitching about it and make your own conservative comedy show FFS

Tjey tried that, it was called the Half-hour comedy hour, or something. Never heard of it? No shit.

But he's got a point, Bill Mahr is the only one that bucks that trend, though. But he's such a cock, it's hard to watch sometimes.

Not financially viable.

A conservative comedy-show would have a Twitter hate-campaign aimed at it after 5 minutes on the air. No company wants to deal with that, so it won't happen. It's too easy to just go for the easy money.

THIS IS THE 20TH TIME YOU'VE POSTED THIS EXACT THREAD

Better question:
How many times are you going to make this thread with literally the same OP image & title?

IM GOING TO KEEP POSTING THE SAME THREAD OVER AND OVER BECAUSE PEOPLE KEEP REPLYING

>got hired because he's black
>got fired because he's black
What a surprise.

youtu.be/5OERYl6jU1U

is this a new meme

>the unblackening

MDE World Peace is Sup Forums: the show and they're doing pretty good so far

>dude white ppl Amirite?

The mans speech at the Obama dinner was equally as cringe worthy.

Stick to Hannibal Burress or Key and Peele famalam.

This. Live by the sword, die by the sword.

This shit is going to get so much worse over the next decade

This is a great post and a great observation, thank you for writing it, goodanon

So shitty shows with terrible ratings are allowed to stay on air as long as the host is a minority?

Is this literally their argument?

Doesn't it work both ways?

Leaner? Done Ham.

Liberals have wanted special-treatment for minorities for decades now.

This is totally in-line with their thinking and no LESS reasonable than their other demands, like free college money and lower mandatory sentencing for minorities.

It's going to be completely insufferable if Hillary gets into the office.

Yeah it played a role; it's all that guy ever talked about. Nobody likes a one trick pony.

why is it so hard to find the racial demographics for his show? I think I remember seeing like 90%+ of his audience for white

moooooooom i posted it agaaaaaaaaaain

ARE MODS
THIS
FUCKING
NEW
THAT THEY DON'T
SEE