I really want to start programming but i dont have the patience and neither the time for it...

I really want to start programming but i dont have the patience and neither the time for it. Can someone tell me what to do?

Other urls found in this thread:

threejs.org/examples/#webgl_animation_cloth
threejs.org/examples/#webgl_physics_rope
arewegameyet.com/
arewewebyet.org/
github.com/OsnaCS/plantex
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Wants to learn something
>Doesn't want to actually learn it

Fucking die in a fire you immature juvenile

Pick up a beginners book for C++ or Java, download a development environment, and just work off the book. If you're short on time and patience, just learn one new concept and do a couple short practice programs a day. If you keep at it, you should learn pretty fast, but don't get discouraged if not everything clicks right away.

go to sleep you dont want to really start anything, you love sleep more than you love a desire to succeed so go to sleep and be happy

Mm, firstly, how old are you? Right now I go to UW for Software Eng; prior to that, I didn't put much time into programming because I was significantly better than everyone else in my HS (everything is relative). I can see the argument of "I don't have the patience"; lack of inspiration and such. Time though? If you lack time, I'm sorry, but this field isn't for you.

Grow the patience and take the time.
No skill worth learning comes in 3 easy steps.

Programming isn't something you can just teach someone overnight. You have to actually be committed to the subject and learning it, and devote time to studying or nothing you'll accomplish in the field will be worth jack shit.
If you're impatient and lazy as you seem to be, programming isn't for you.

>Buy bitcoin.
>Wait a few years.
>Bang hookers and forget about working

A continuation from If you want that "instant reward", you could fuck around with a high-end framework that does cool stuff. Once you're motivated, you could understand the nuance underneath the hood.

Take a look at Three.js. It's pretty powerful (systems programmers ik this is web plz don't fk me in the asshole ;-;)

three .js?

Check this out: threejs.org/examples/#webgl_animation_cloth

Three.js is a framework for creating 3D graphics in javascript on the fly. It's built using something called "webGL". Javascript is one of the most braindead languages. I'd recommend using codecademy for complete beginners or examples from W3schools.

As you git gud, you'll begin to prefer just skimming the official docs and referring to it occasionally

Look up "C++ Programming by Derek Banas" on YouTube. It's a 1 hour tutorial on all you need to know about C++.

It gets a little long at times, so I suggest to remember it all, go along with him during the whole thing on a C++ file so you have a little log for all this shit AND you will have practiced the material.

It doesn't come with physics, but I believe there's a 3rd party library for the physics. If you're interested in 3D graphics, you also need to understand the underlying mathematical concepts (eg vectors, matrices, etc.)

Here's another cool three.js demo: threejs.org/examples/#webgl_physics_rope

For reading material regarding graphics, I'd recommend 3d math primer for graphics and game dev

Jesus thats bad advice - Start with Ruby or Pyhton. Download Atom ide, and find one of thousands of tutorials.

First you brush up on your basic math:
Arithmetic, a little geometry, elementary algebra, and some basic trig.

Next get a standard calculus text and dive in. You should also get a linear algebra and discrete math books as well; make sure the discrete text is proof based (I recommend A Transition to Advanced Mathematics by Smith; simply google the name, author and PDF).
Once you're a couple chapters in to your discrete book (you will want to have covered basic proposition and higher order logic, and basic proofs), you may begin learning programming and computer architecture. As a litmus test, if you don't know what this statement is

∀P((0∈P∧∀i(i∈P-->i+1∈P))-->∀n(n∈P))

you aren't ready to take the reins of a computer.

Now, forget what you do know about computer programming:

First, you learn boolean logic operations
then, you learn transistor logic
then, you learn how to build functional units from logic gates
then, you learn CPU design
then, and only then, you learn assembly language
then, after you have mastered assembly language (not dabbled, but mastered it), you learn C
then, after you have mastered C, you may learn the higher-level languages of your choice, but you will always use C and assembly as your primary languages because everything else is unnecessary bloat.

By this time you should be finished with your calculus (up to advanced integration techniques and vector basics), discrete, and linear algebra, and are ready for the next wave of math: abstract algebra, analysis, multivariate and vector calculus, and, after you have progressed a way in those, topology.

Finally, you become familiar with topoi, and study the internal logic of categories then familiarize yourself with (general) type theory, and its applications to programming. I also recommend studying how to reformulate mathematics in terms of globular categories for use in automatic theorem proving, because there is an inherent programming-like 'feel' to it.

Mmm.

A lot of people are giving advice on languages: I don't think that's what OP needs. You don't really need to be picky with your first language, as long as you "get your foot in the door" so to speak, you'll continue to learn new languages.

OP, what are you primarily interested in? Making phone apps? Learn Java and look into Android studios
Web apps? Get familiar with the web basics of HTML/CSS/Javascript, then get familiar with a front-end framework like angular. You might need to touch on some backend, like node.
Web sites? Once again, HTML/CSS/Javascript. PHP and Mysql should suffice for backend if needed.
Serious desktop game-dev? C# or C++. Java is alright too.
Embedded and low-level? Try C and buy your electronic parts from Ali-express

I'm not a big fan of dynamically typed languages, but I must admit Ruby and Python are good "starter" languages (and still relevant for pros)

Also
Is Atom an IDE? I thought it was only an editor; does it come with a compiler? Or are the compilers plugins or something?

codecademy.org

I wouldn't call it an IDE, it just has syntax highlighting and code completion AFAIK

Yeah you are right it is a glorified editor, but very useful for noncompiled languages

>recommending java and HTML
>HTML

>Can someone tell me what to do?
Find something you have the time and patience for. There are already far to many bad half-assed programmers out there. If you aren't a Programmer, then don't try to be.

how tf is anyone going to ever be one if they don't try?

what the fuck OP.
you want to learn it but you don't want to commit time to it?
hilarious

Ah k. Kinda off-topic, but OP hasn't really been replying to anyone; has anyone looked at Rust? Currently trying to pick up the language because I really like the look and "feel" of it. Its approach to dealing with memory safety seems unique and "breath of fresh air", in a sense.

bumping out of mutual interest

Can't tell if bait, but I listed off the necessary "languages" needed for specific languages. If you want to build a site, you need to know HTML. I guess you could claim you can avoid using .html using a cgi-bin, but that's old tech.

Here's two sites I'm currently watching:
arewegameyet.com/
arewewebyet.org/

The community seems pretty welcoming and nice. Here's a game I find pretty sick: "everything" is randomly generated. There are no tree or shrub models, instead, it's rng.
github.com/OsnaCS/plantex

Find another thing to do.

I don't really like rust honestly, the syntax is a bit too influenced by javascript for my taste. But I've heard of some really impressive stuff written in it, so I won't shit on it like I would Java.

I'm expecting it to be kind of like Ruby, in that it has a few years of cutting-edge popularity, then slowly stops being popular

is this legit if i actually do want to understand programmng from the ground up?

install gentoo

not needed. see

but it is good stuff to know

Have you tried giving up?

can I skip the math tho???

Basic algebra is pretty important

Depends on what you want to program. If web pages sure little math is required. If games you might like to understand algebra and trig.

This. You need groups, rings and fields at the minimum.

thx

wut??

That being said, it doesn't use GC.

In terms of speed, it falls in the category of C and C++ as opposed to the "script-kiddy" languages, like JavaScript, Python, and Ruby. Also it's compiled and statically typed. I know Python is interpreted, and I think it's dynamically typed? Dunno about ruby.

>statically typed
Explain please

What? Is google down?

Statically typed just means that type errors are checked at compile time. For example, in C, you need to manually specify variable types:

int a = 5;

If you have a function like so,

double foo(double x) {
return x;
}

and you call foo(a) in your code, the program will not compile and give you an error. Dynamically typed means type stuff is checked at runtime. This means your program will run, and then once it hits the line where it calls foo(a), it'll die. Statically typed stuff is preferable, because it's easier to debug.

Rust lets you omit types, and it can inference types, so doing this:

let x = 5;

is the same as:

let x: i32 = 5;

Keep in mind that while Rust supports type inference, it's still statically-typed (because errors are checked at run-time).

Thank you for this!