>start fantasizing about how you're going to change you life
>watch a movie instead

>Do that
>Never change my life

>it's really good
>think about rewatching it
>end up reading the history behind it and trivia
>the 'things are gonna be different' feeling passes after a day
If the entirety of the Ippo anime didn't get me to start running or exercise then Rocky couldn't. man Adrian was hot

D...delete this

>Watching movies for motivation

You are all truly pathetic

Who said anything about specifically watching them for motivation?

>watching coming of age teen romance film
>it's too late

>Watch Scarface
>Get pumped as fuck from it and decide I'm going to man up and stop taking shit
>Don't

Not like that, it's just that they are inspiring. I was born because dad likes Nicolas Cage so much.

>watch movie
>changes my outlook on life
>next morning I am reminded why life is shit and will never compare to any media I consume
>back to square 1
>repeat every day for the rest of my life

I want off this ride

>it's too late

Exactly. Any romance in any movie between teens with nothing to worry about in the world is fucking painful.

I mean it would have never worked out for me anyway, I'm just not out going enough for it. I could have maybe picked up a 4/10 at some point when I was younger but since I've had my eyes set on suicide since I was 13 I don't think it would have worked out.

>Never get girls as a teenager
>The novelty and excitement had already worn off by the time I lost my virginity

Well I guess that's one reason to like the guy

DELETE THIS!

>Watch a good movie/read good book/listen to good album
>Get jealous and bitter and wish I had written that

>Watch film set in highschool/college
>Think about all the things i'd do if i could go back
>Obsess over all the cringy shit you did instead

>be elementary school boy
>read archie comics
>think this is what high school is going to be like
>be middle school kid
>dad shows me Fast Times, Breakfast Club, 16 Candles
>think this is what high school is REALLY going to be like
>be high school student
>nothing is like anything what the fuck

>reminding me that I made a joke about fucking my sister to the girl I like and it fell amazingly flat

FUCK OFF YOU BASTARD KEEP IT TO YOURSELF REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Nigga are you me? Every time the scene where he looks at the blimp saying "The World Is Yours" and then push it to the limit comes on it pumps me the fuck up and makes me want to change my life but then it goes away after the movie ends... ;_;

>watching movies

kino is where its at

>watching Jason Genova videos on YouTube
>realize how badly Jason has wasted the past 6 years of his life saying how he's going to compete in bodybuilding and diet down and instead he remains the exact same person only stupider and fatter
>Immedistely I look up a boxing and jiu jitsu gym
>literally the next day I'm training boxing, today I'm doing jiu jitsu
>I was so nervous to go into the gym and try it but did it anyways because I didn't want to continue wasting my time doing nothing
>this literally happened on Sunday

I feel fucking fantastic I got the ball rolling desu. I've wanted to join boxing and BJJ for years and kept delaying it and making excuses like Genova. Without him, I might have not taken it seriously.

>read books
>want to talk like they do in books with clever phrases and lucidity of expression
>never turns out the way I want it to
>avoid conversations entirely because the words that come out of my mouth are never what I want them to be

For as far back as I can remember every conversation I've ever had I've wanted to take back.

> watch a movie
> tell myself im going to be a badass soon
> soon

>main character in film lives busy, entertaining life with a social circle of interesting people
>realize how much of a piece of shit you are sat down alone watching a movie on your computer at 3am in nothing but your underpants

>can't hang out in underwear if parents are home

Teen love is fucking shit man

Bitches and whores. Everybody is a superficial cunt and most of those relationships don't last.

This is me

The most realistic you can get is Not Another Teen Movie.

this happened to me not when i watched rocky btu when i watched hajime no ippo

Well done, user. Keep it up, proud of you.

how old are you dude? i'm 23 and i feel like it's too late for me to get into boxing

>Gonna Fly Now starts playing

how do you start becoming rocky? I have the fedora.

you know how
You saw it
Start every day, at 4 am

>have friends
>They're all complete normies whose entire hobby list goes "smoking weed, getting drunk" in that order

I need better friends

aw man, that soon? I don't even have turtles or friends.

Captain America WS actually did this to me. It restored my Christian values, encouraged me to start working out, and the speech that cap gives about the price of freedom really resonated with me.
I think I'm a better person because of that movie.

Get a pet turtle when you've changed yourself into your ideal self out of sheer willpower.
I know you can, I believe in you.
youtu.be/KxGRhd_iWuE

Not that user but it isn't too late. I know 23 feels like you're just about over that fence and into "failure if you haven't done x or y" territory but you can turn things around. I have an acquaintance who was well into his 30s before he took up boxing and exercise in general. You don't have to jump into the deep end immediately, start with small jogs around your block or calisthenics in your home. You'll be surprised at the positive mental state it puts you in and eventually you can work your way up to pursuing boxing, it'll even help with other aspects of your life.

If that last part doesn't apply to you and the only thing stopping you is your incorrect assumption that it's too late then get on that shit RIGHT NOW.

Delete this thread

cool well thanks bro.

i'm probably not alone in thinking 23 is a rotten age where it seems like all the doors that were once open to you have now shut.

You're not. As horrible as it is, take some comfort in knowing that most people are pretty dissatisfied with the state of their life, even if they appear to be fine on the surface. You're at a ripe age and the future is fertile. Go take what is yours, user.

I'm literally 23 years old bro.

It's not too late. Are you kidding me? I literally just walked in the door from doing BJJ and there were people of all ages. Early 20s, late 20s, early 30s.

You are prime everything right now. Do it while you still can. You can become a respectable blue belt in BJJ and a good boxer by the time you're 25. But don't delay it. Do it now and never look at. The time will fly.