Amy Schumer: My Liberal Politics May Hurt My Career, But I Don’t Care

>I think if I kept my mouth shut about my real feelings about politics or gun violence, I think, financially, financially and career-wise, it would be, it would be financially better for me, but I don’t care.

newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/geoffrey-dickens/2016/08/22/amy-schumer-my-liberal-politics-may-hurt-my-career-i-dont-care

Is Amy Schumer right? Have her liberal politics negatively affected her career in a very conservative industry like Hollywood?

Real or shop?

why do you continue reposting stuff about Amy Schumer? are you that desperate for attention? nobody cares about your obsession with her. move on.

This is literally the first time I've ever posted about Amy Schumer on the internet.

the only thing that bothers me about Amy is that colin likes her

she cant save your career you curmudgeon

yep, says every single person who posts on the internet.

btw, this is my first post here.

Wew that delusion

I think that largely she's overstating her position but she could draw more conservative audiences with her brand of humor if she made sure to exclude liberal elements from her acts and have even more success than she currently has. Maybe this is just the alcohol speaking but that's my two cents.

at 1st glance, i thought this was just another photoshopped pic of Chloe Moretz

>Being liberal nowadays
>Hurting you
Sadly, no, you can be a neo-liberal SJW feminist cunt and it'll actually make your career better. Why they act like they're persecuted or have to hide? fuck this bullshit, it's the other way around

Everytime I see a picture of Shumer, I always get this inkling she's one of those fat mouthbreathing girls who chew with their mouths open, making pig like noises, and farts and burps a lot. Then when people have that look of disgusts on their faces she just snortgiggles and goes, 'I'm just like one of the guys!,' or 'I'm not like those other girls!"

>she's one of those fat mouthbreathing girls who chew with their mouths open, making pig like noises, and farts and burps a lot.
Sounds like the fantasy girl of one of those cunny threads.

Sweet Jesus it's Harambe the White

Being liberal is the biggest fucking circle jerk in Hollywood today even more than molesting children

But hollywood is extremely liberal, the only thing that hurts her career is that she's a fat fucking cunt that nobody likes

What exactly defines """liberal""" are we talking about Liberals like Dave Rubin, Sargon of Akkad and Maajid Nawaz?

Or are we talking about """""liberals"""" like the SJWs.

Because from what I see, one hates authoritarianism and the other hates it when people disagree with them and then start acting like a pack of bigots and try to censor everything.

>Liberals are pretending their persecuted
Obama has been president for two terms, and Hollywood couldn't be more progressive if it tried. Honestly, this level of hypocrisy is only matched by Hollywood pretending its anti-capitalistic, only to turn around and pull Hollywood accounting on the State and claim movies like Star Wars and Harry Potter didn't earn a profit to the film studios who still continue making them.

I'm not Sup Forums, but recently I read an article about actors who have changed their names. One of them was Jewish and had changed it, and the article claimed it was because Hollywood is "notoriously anti Semitic"

I mean fucking really.

>being liberal hurts my acting career

If that isn't the most ridiculous thing I've heard then I just don't know anymore.

Maybe it's because you're not funny?

SOME

This

>financially, financially and career-wise, it would be, it would be financially

Was it autism?

more pics of amy pls

>Hollywood
>Run by Jews
>Anti semitic
People literally don't know what bullshit say anymore

I mean, it's literally a Jewish created industry because they weren't allowed into any others.

>Compose the majority of Hollywood that constantly leans to democratic values
>The current president is a democratic African male
>More women are attending college than men and reports show that professors are predominately Liberal
Somehow, Schumer still manages to believe she's the underdog. Literally how? No one's going to threatened her livelihood like that couple that refused to bake a gay wedding cake, or because someone didn't approve of transgenderism, or the former Firefox CEO who was exposed for privately supporting Prop 8. Being Liberal is baby easy mode. Even Facebook has admitted it intentionally filters out Conservative/Libertarian topics. When a political party has Soros, Zuckerberg, and Buffet bankrolling their campaign, then that party isn't the underdog, Liberals haven't been for a very long time.

She's right. Hollywood keeps churning out racist propaganda like Gods Not Dead 2 and Ben-Hurr.

WIIIIDE

she has a point though. sure Hollywood appears liberal on the outside, but the interior is likely rightwing minded old guys who are pushing the liberal facade because they know it'll make them money.

Post the article.

Oh yeah if there's anything Hollywood hates it's liberals

this is just a roundabout way of saying hollywood is run by jews

upper class jews are very conservative in their own circles but generally support the liberal left for society as a whole. there's a good reason for the juxtaposition but i forget it.

>upper class jews are very conservative in their own circles but generally support the liberal left for society as a whole

citation: stormfront .jpgs

How ironic is this post

Fat pig needs to get lost

can you explain the thought process behind this post

is it the classic "you cant ever talk about group trends because people are DIFFERENT" highschool perspective, or do you actually disagree that wealthy jews trend socially conservative but vote liberal/left?

I don't respect your post enough to disagree with it because I'm 99% sure you're yet another brainwashed Sup Forums rat. Feel free to prove me wrong though using facts.

Finally somebody stands up and says "Im against these things everybody hates!"

They created hollywood to avoid paying edison royalty fees
Hollywood was created and run by jews since the beginning of hollywood.
The movie industry was originally in new york

>Feel free to prove me wrong though using facts.
do you really think you're worth anyone else's time?

demanding that someone else goes hunting for sources instead of contributing anything yourself is a great way to feel like you've won, but you're not actually arguing.

>Sup Forums shitposter
>doesn't understand burden of proof, logic, or anything related to either concept

I'm guessing you're religious

Hello, reddit.

this isn't going to go anywhere so i have a favor to ask you. it's just to satisfy my curiosity, i'm not trying to meme you. how did you find this site and how long have you been an active poster here?

That's why politics is one of the few subjects PR folk will tell you NOT to talk about, especially if you're a celebrity. It's too divisive of a subject and you'll lose a chunk of your current or potential fanbase. Same goes with race and religion.

With that said, Hollywood is dominantly liberal so no, her politics haven't affected her much. It's that she's an unattractive, unfunny individual.

>I don't respect your post enough to disagree with it because I'm 99% sure you're yet another brainwashed Sup Forums rat. Feel free to prove me wrong though using facts.
>all because he stated that the guys who actually run Hollywood are actually quite conservative behind closed doors.

When in the fuck is that being considered a Sup Forumstard Trumpfuck? That seems more like common sense more than anything else.

Disagree. Will hurt image in the long run. Heavy political involvement is always the short term solution.

He said they vote left, which is done behind closed doors.

and that's definitely quite the truth too.

They expose their conservative nature by the insane amount of sequels and CBMs we have coming out of Hollywood and the low amount of new properties in general.

I'm a lefty, man, but I know that the Hollywood overseers, no matter what they try to tell you through voting and whatnot, are very conservative in nature.

what? i said they're openly left (eg they support it on a societal scale) but within their own community they (upper class jews) are very conservative. what are you disagreeing with here?

Hollywood studios are owned by stockholders. They're huge companies like Wal-mart or Costco that have an obligation to go wherever the profit it is, to their best estimation. You seem really uneducated, delusional, and naive.

>Hollywood studios are owned by stockholders. They're huge companies like Wal-mart or Costco that have an obligation to go wherever the profit it is, to their best estimation.

No fucking shit they are...and of course they're parasites.

People voting for Trump are dumbasses because he's in the same league as the Walmart people.

But seriously, fuck stockholders. The real source of everything wrong with this country.

A lot of people like to shit on the lefty, but its the money man that really has fucked our country up.

you don't seem to have much to say considering how condescending you're being. you're completely neglecting the political aspect of the argument even though that's what you blew up over to begin with. hollywood wanting money is a truism, not an explanation.

Relatively unrestricted capitalism has pros and cons like everything else does.

It'll hurt in the way that audiences get sick of libfags

>the political aspect

The "political aspect" in these threads is people claiming to know the public and secret lives of people and offering no proof.

A disproportionate number of intellectuals (probably nearly all of them) are fiscally conservative and socially liberal (actual liberal, not Sup Forums tier strawmanning all liberals as pink-haired SJWs liberal) which you probably see as being hypocritical or two-faced or something.

ok your post cleared everything up for me, you actually more or less agree with the literal aspect what i said, which is that the hollywood elite (which is overwhelmingly upper class jews) votes liberal but is also strongly conservative. you just read into it too far and now you think i'm a neo nazi. what a bizarre conversation.

i don't know if you care to hear it, but everything you've inferred from my posts has been completely wrong. i hope for the sake of the rest of this board you stop reading into things that aren't there.

How do you know how the Hollywood elite vote? Citation?

That's why I wish those fiscal conservatives/social liberals would reshape the libertarian party into one free of fundamentalists. That would get plenty of sane, likeminded democrats and Republicans on board against a common enemy.

The fundies, racists and weirdos can have the GOP all to themselves.

>bizarre to assume that someone discussing Hollywood on a Sup Forums infested board is a neo-Nazi

You're maybe one in a hundred? If anything, to not assume that is bizarre if you have any experience here.

I don't know, guys. I think the entertainment industry is ready for left-of-center political positions.

i told you already, i don't care enough to go digging for sources for your sake.

while i find Sup Forums teens annoying i think some people here have grossly overreacted and labelled any racist or conservative posts as being part of some Sup Forums crusade. those things have been integral to chan culture since at least 2008, they don't necessarily have anything to do with Sup Forums.

Imagine ruining your career over something you're wrong about...

I normally hate all the
>lol reddit XD
shit but this guy is right. is a faggot

>USA
>unrestricted capitalism

>i told you already, i don't care enough to go digging for sources for your sake.

You're making an extraordinary claim that implies you have extensive knowledge on a significant percentage of Hollywood "elites," not only of their public lives but also who they vote for. How gullible do you think a person has to be to believe this line of bullshit?

>My dad works for Nintendo but I don't want to prove it because I don't like you!
>t. Sup Forums manchildren and 8 year olds

I love how instead of answering your question, it was deflected and your post was criticized. Then you get attacked for being new or from a different website.

>mentally retarded caricature of a person agrees with another mentally retarded caricature of a person

One of Sup Forums's gold moments is when morons who like memes act like it's unexpected when they support other morons who like memes.

Do you not understand the meaning of the word preceding the part you quoted? Is that why you left it out? I'm so confused by how dumb everyone here is. It's like satire but it apparently isn't.

why should he even have to give you evidence for such a thing?

Whatever happened to just accepting common sense? Sure there are some genuinely left-wing elitists out there, but they're like ultra rare compared to the ubiquitous amount of conservative elitists.

is an off the cuff post on Sup Forums an extraordinary claim? do i need to go to the Hague and present 20 peer reviewed, highly acclaimed studies defending it? no. i posted my thoughts the same way you're posting yours, and you can take them or leave them.

you decided to go for a third option which was to have a complete fucking meltdown about them. now that i get where you're coming from i think it's funny as fuck to be honest.

i'm the person he was replying to, i'm an athiest and a mostly-indifferent antitheist. it was a retarded assumption which is why i didn't reply to it. almost nobody on Sup Forums is actually religious in the conventional sense. maybe some retarded southern europeans.

>almost nobody on Sup Forums is actually religious in the conventional sense.

probably the same with those who claim to be Trumptards, though I expect over time, they start to genuinely believe in their own trolling.

WEEEEEEEEEEELL, WHERES THE BIG SHOOOOOOOOOW

That's a man's body.

I'm more interested in the part where you claim to know which way they vote.

Calm the fuck down gayboy. I'm just saying that your posts are lame and you should go huff paint.

>you
half the replies to your posts aren't me. that post is one of those. it even says so right at the start with >he. let's not devolve into paranoia.

YES IT'S A BIG BIG SHOW TONIGHT, Y'ALL!

I know, you're agreeing with him though. I don't care who explains why you think you know who those people vote for.

Kek

She knows her career is dying, but she "doesn't care"

Typical white whore

Does making fun of this monster make you feel better about yourselves?

yes

>very conservative industry like Hollywood?

Gr8 b8 OP

>Copito de Nieve returns to life in lieu of Harmabe's death

>almost nobody on Sup Forums is actually religious in the conventional sense
I do not fully agree with this statement. I've seen actual threads derailed by genuine Christians. Not of the extreme but pretty religious anons having a (relatively interesting) discussion of biblical scriptures.

Probably one of the most bizarre moments I've had here.

Niggerfaggot

You sound like the biggest dipshit imaginable.

At least i'm not a delusional motherfucker that thinks Trump is gonna promise every single damn thing he promised...or thinks he's as much of an outside as he claims he is.

If elected, dude is going to be ultra-status quo..or assassinated by an angry supported butthurt by how much of a bait and switch Trump turned out to be.

in a moment of absolute panic when facing the ugly truth, the Sup Forumstard resorts to calling the poster that spooked him "autistic" to make himself feel better, even though deep inside, he knows he dun goof'd.

Hence..I will play a little fiddle music to soothe your pathetic existence.

>le Sup Forums boogieman

Nigger I'm not even the guy you've been having an autism fight with. You just come off like the biggest reddit faggot who ever polluted this board.

>Resorting to name calling and maymays to try to shame me.

Eyyy whatever. I got better things to do than deal with Trumptards.

Do you though?

More records to correct?

John Stewart used to be Leibowitz

More Jews to collect your shill shekelels from?

Well, I do have to admit I had a rather fun half hour in this thread, but its my time to go and get into more thoughtful, non-political discussion...or do something entirely different.

Olivia Wilde used to be Cockburn. People whose names are their brands act accordingly.

Don't forget to check up on /r/subredditdrama

People like her is why I'm rooting for ISIS

> fiscal conservatives/social liberals

We were all fifteen once, user.