Is there any other album that perfectly encapsulates depression? Deathconsciousness is a monster...

Is there any other album that perfectly encapsulates depression? Deathconsciousness is a monster. the last 2 months have been a low-point in my life and I've been listening to this on repeat to numb myself, is there anything similar

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/GSaJXDsb3N8
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dysthymia
twitter.com/AnonBabble

his other albums and the third eye foundation stuffs too

listening to music is just about the last thing on your mind when you're genuinely suffering through depression
you don't know what depression is, you angsty fag

I find myself listening to this and Spiderland a lot when I get really low

you've probably already heard of dan's other project, giles corey. pretty simillar themes, but i don't think it gets ALL the facets of depression like deathconsciousness. i'd recommend checking it out if you haven't already

A Crow Looked at Me is also incredibly sad, but not in a depression kind of way. one of the few times I actually cried because of music.

wrong, music helps me feel better
fuck you

not really 2bh, i found his other albums severely lacking, plus his other projects, like black wing, dont even come close. its like the state of depression he was in around 2008 made the album so dark

keep crying

i'm sorry, are you a doctor?

yeah I instantly went to his other projects but, although they are great in their own respects, I found them pale in comparison to deathconsciousness. it was really the state dan was in that made the album, glad he's happy now though

>the last 2 months have been a low-point in my life

pls

This album tackles the subject through brilliantly British dark humour.

most people on mu are 15 year olds with terrible taste. there's no point in arguing with them

it'll make you not as passionately interested most days but saying people categorically don't want to listen to music when depressed is just dumb and also a sign of not understanding depression

This desu. Just getting out of bed or putting on clean clothes or taking a shower is a massively exhausting effort when you're going through a serious depressive phase. Listening to awfully-produced post-punk ranks pretty low on the priority list during those times.

it's not like depression immediately renders you an invalid, some go to work for years with it, and listening to music isn't some heroic effort
people have better and worse days anyway

>depression
lol. Depression is a meme. Especially when girls say they are going through it. +7/10 girls cannot, and I repeat CANNOT, be depressed. they can score easily and get attention without trying.

this is my go to depression album

i like that it has very slight hints of optimism like the lord's favorite, etc

>they can score easily and get attention without trying.
of course but depression isn't magically cured by having sex, especially if you have other mental problems that make meaningful relationships difficult. the condition isn't being a virgin on Sup Forums, it's a mental disorder often with physiological causes
celebrities and other beautiful people commit suicide all the time

This perfectly encapsulates depression or at least does so better than any album posted here.
youtu.be/GSaJXDsb3N8
Only good post itt.

it's a terrible post desu

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dysthymia
Depression isn't always some kind of attack that completely incapacitates you, although those can occur within a longer depression too.

I feel you OP. Earthmover destroys me every time.