Honest question britfags

Honest question britfags,

I realize you're sick of Theresa May, but is it really so outrageous that the government that inherited the brexit process be present to see it through?

It seems to me that switching government right as things kick off would break down into total chaos but I might be wrong.

I know this thread is bound to break down into conservative vs liberal but I'm hoping to understand before that happens.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cJVewWbeBiY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I agree but now they have joined with the uda it's kinda wrong just feels wrong

Yeah, I've seen that. I think it was a poor choice but it may have been their only option. Unless we know she didn't ask other parties for support behind closed doors.

As an amerifat I know it's not really my business, but the UK has interesting politics and I'm nosey

she didn't have to call the election she did this to herself and failed miserably. literally no one to blame besides her.

I agree with this. She was arrogant and it cost her a lot of face

Posted this to Sup Forums the other day, just my opinion

In fairness, the Conservatives will still be able to form a government if they collude with DUP. As for the Brexit process, if the people still want Brexit, the Labour government would likely still be obligated to carry it out, but I imagine they'd be less likely to aim for a "hard" Brexit, which would disrupt the economy.

Even the conservatives are opting for a soft brexit. I know a lot of people including myself would have voted any party just to get that witch out of downing Street. I think labour has some good policies to offer and sure some may be a bit uncertain but no politician comes through 100%. Everyone that's raged at me for voting labour is just some jumped up suit looking after their overpaid salaries. Btw I work in a government building so I've met and worked with a lot of ministers, most are just out for themselves.

It is intriguing, but if she didn't want Brexit, then the big question as you had asked there is, what is her endgame?

What does a soft brexit look like? Is it a longer divorce process or do you somehow negotiate some level of EU connection after leaving or something?

Why the hate for May?

>Theresa May
I bet she'd like to suck my 19yo cock. I would let her. I'd lick her butt hole.

Didn't she inherit PM rather than secure it through vote? There'd be a lot of annoyed Americans if that were to happen and they behaved as if they'd earned the office

My horror cannot be adequately quantified

Consider the trajectory.

Called referendum; leader lost it
Declared Article 50 would be in March to silence eurosceptics.
Declared Article 50 then called for General Election (i.e. arseways)
Lost majority in GE, bargaining power lost with it.
Got into bed with DUP thus jeopardising Good Friday agreement and impartiality of Westminster in NI affairs.

So whilst I'm tempted to say get on with what you've broken...at the same time they can't get the simplest thing right.

Well, May wanted to increase her majority so she could do whatever she pleased.

Who the FUCK ever thought that a basically 50/50 split nation on the Brexit thing would NOT be united in support of her Brexit plan? Shock result my arse.

She's an arrogant idiot and she needs replacing. I don't care who... except Gove or Hunt I guess. Literally anyone, any party, I'd rather see Gerry Adams at the table than May right now, not on a personal level, but she's got LESS standing than before and it's all because of her damned ego. She will be laughed out of the talks, rightly so.

Soft Brexit: remain part of the trade union, lower membership payments but not allow freedom of movement. AKA: youtube.com/watch?v=cJVewWbeBiY

All other parties said they wanted nothing to do with a coalition. She's chosen the only party with enough seats that have a chance at joining up, and they haven't even agreed to join yet.

The alternative: minority coalition between three parties or more. Seems better representative of the nation right now to be honest, divided completely.

Governments fall, nations fall... governments rise again.

Only the people will suffer.

Her endgame is to ready the world for a single government. The EU reflects what he world government will be but on a smaller scale. A few elites dictating law to all. The EU would join with the proposed American and Asian unions to form this.

Civil wars in countries would push the martial law agenda and international wars would get so frequent, there would be no choice but to implement a one world government.

Check out May's Orwellian agenda and tell me this isn't the direction we're headed.

Frightening stuff, but unless they can completely pull the wool over our eyes I can tell you that even the most liberal American wouldn't submit to a one world government without resistance. I'm pretty centrist as American politics go and I'd be positively outraged.

Yes but if it's three conservative minority parties, over half of you wouldn't be represented, though I don't know exactly how parliament works. Does the fact that Labour won so many seats mean they have a hand in how May runs the country?

Funny you should talk about resistance as I've just been listening to the Muse album The Resistance (inb4 pleb) which is inspired by 1984. It's a good listen.

But yeah, no one would submit to it. That's where martial law comes in.

That would work only if the soldiers were either well paid or agreed with the policies really. I like to think that at least in America, if it came down to the people vs the government, that soldiers would remember that they are people of that country as well. May not be the case in some but in the US and UK, pride in liberty runs strong

Anyone can be forced to do anything if the stakes are high enough

The Conservatives knew that whoever negotiated Brexit was in a shitty position as 48% of voters voted against it and there was a lot of concern from Brexit voters when the Leave campaign backed down on a lot of their propaganda in the days after the result (£350M pound per week in NHS funding the big one).

The conservatives wouldn't have wanted to go into an election straight after Brexit negotiations as there's a very good chance it's going to be an economy tanking shitstorm for the UK. They called an election this year to try and get some breathing space post Brexit negotiations to give themselves some time for damage control before the next election.