Am I the only one who doesn't want Spiderman in the MCU...

Am I the only one who doesn't want Spiderman in the MCU? I would prefer it if he remained in his own universe without having to interact with the Avengers.

I also wished that we had gotten the Sinister Six movie (which was going to be ASM3) but instead of continuing on with either Raimi's Spiderman 4 or Webb's ASM3, we HAD to get this Spiderman: Homecoming movie which puts Parker back in highschool with first love romances when we already had all that in the other movies.

Me too. Spider's better off in his own world. Occasional team-ups are fine, but him on the Avengers is just crap. Also, putting him in the MCU really minimizes his role in the world we're getting and relegates his supporting cast for Avengers characters.

I think I was the only one really pissed when they announced the news of the Sony-Marvel deal.

>3 posts, 2 IPs

fuck off

I don't understand why they couldn't have used Garfield. They still could have had a mentor dynamic since RDJ is still 20 years older than Garfield.

Yeah same. I want to see a dark mature Venom, Magneto movie etc with just Parker as the main protagonist. No Iron Man popping in now and then

Garfield didnt show up at an event which pissed Sony off so they fired him.

Thats what I heard

Raimi's spiderman is overrated. ASM was bad.
MCU spiderman is going to give us the spidey movies we've been waiting for.

>Magneto
Did you mean Mysterio? And I dont mind Iron Man as a cameo/father figure to peter, but i dont want him to have much of a presence in the crimefighting and stuff

I wish marvel had the rights to make Spider-Man movies. Sony clearly aren't capable to make movies without their political agenda.

Hi 2015. I've missed you.

>MCU spiderman is going to give us the spidey movies we've been waiting for.
We've been waiting for Spider-Boy and His Diverse Friends?

What would have really been great is for Sony to have done a Spiderman 4 - similar to BvS where you have an older retired Peter Parker.

That would have been perfect to have Carnage as the main villain, after the events of Spiderman 3's Venom, Parker now after so many years must face Carnage.

Sony could have made a deal and released that next year instead of rebooting it again and having to put Spidey in the MCU where in my opinion he does not belong.

Or if you really want him in the MCU, then make an alternative universe series with Spiderman on his own

>Or if you really want him in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, then make an alternative universe

well then he wouldnt be in the same universe...

Dude doesn't even know how to change his writing style to make it a bit believable..

>Raimi's spiderman is overrated
Because they have been talked about alot?

Spiderman 1 and 2 are the perfect super hero films.

I did however like the dark and gritty goblin in ASM 2. ASM1 should have been Spiderman 4 (seeing another actor play Dr Connors just wasnt good at all) and I like to think of ASM 2 as a separate spin off (his whole parents opening acts as standalone material).

If only we had gotten an ASM 3 because I was so looking forward to the new Doc Ock design and that movie would have been straight out personal. No love interest or anything just Spiderman fighting lots of cool and interesting villains.

What I meant is make a separate standalone series that has nothing to do with the MCU.

Just like the new Aliens sequel that has nothing to do with the Alien 3 or Alien 4 timeline

>the perfect super hero films

please. these are the only good parts:
jameson
the score
doc oc
may/ben

everything else is mediocre at best.

>wanting to see sony's spiderman shitfest
go kys faggot

oh, and "spiderman stole that guy's pizza"

You are forgetting the alley way shot of Parker running furiously after his uncle died to get the killer.

Such an amazing memorable cinematic shot.

It was a crime for them to try and recreate Uncle Ben dying in ASM1

>I don't understand why they couldn't have used Garfield.
you don't understand things because you are a dumbfuck

>wanting to see Spiderman's diversive high school friends along with MCU quips
Enjoy

I fuckin' loved Andrew Garfield's Petey/Spidey.

The new kid is okay. Better than Maguire, who was less "Spider-Man" and more "undetected serial killer", but I lament the premature end of Garfield's run, as flawed as it was.

except that, like every good emotion scene in the raimi movies, it is ruined by macguires ridiculous facial expressions. everything he does looks so awkward and over the top. I didn't notice it when I first saw them, but he pretty much ruins those movies for me now.

Garfield's ASM2 suit is still my favorite

I think its the constant memes that ruined it for you.

Was perfect when I saw it first in the theater

Yeah, that was easily the perfect live action adaption of the classic costume.

It also helped Garfield outright became Spider-Man in that costume.

I believe Garfield's Spider-Man will be vindicated by history just as much as Timothy Dalton's 007.

as long as they don't make indie hipster shit spiderman films that look like music videos like webb did and as long as the new spiderman doesn't feature miles morales im fucking fine with it, go cry harder in a corner baby

Hold up. Tobey Maguire? Weird face? I don't see it.

Sinister 6 and Venom movies are still planned to happen. Not sure on the details of the S6 but Venom won't be connected to the MCU which is good news to me.

>as long as they don't make indie hipster shit spiderman films that look like music videos like webb did

Honestly, Webb's style actually worked better with Spider-Man than Raimi's. Especially when Raimi outright self-sabotaged himself with Venom in Peter Parker 3.

Dude should've put his petty dislike of Venom aside and went all Evil Dead/Army of Darkness/Darkman on the symbiote.

What I don't get in this new movie is the amount of friends Parker has (2 girls - not to mention both black who wouldnt hang out with a white kid for sure) when he is meant to be an outcast and loner as shown in the previous spidey movies

>Honestly, Webb's style actually worked better with Spider-Man than Raimi's.
fuck no, shit looks like 500 days of summer 2, at least raimi did two decent spidey films

I hope so. Amazing Spiderman 2 is one of my fav Spiderman movies.

The casting of Harry Osborn was a 10/10 and their relationship was so great on screen.

Hrrrmmm..

At least Garfield had that quirky but outright eccentric Seth Brundle outsider quality to him and as much of a creeper Maguire was, you did believe him as an outsider too.

This...speaking as a liberal, is a bit too pandering even by my own standards.

Hey. At least he's not the new director. Only has Cop Car (Coen brothers wannabe movie) and Clown (shitty indy Eli Roth horror movie) under his belt. And the screenwriters are the ones who did Vacation and Horrible Bosses 2.

im assuming that the only real friend is going to be the fat kid. at least at first.

Spiderman 3 had many great moments. Idk why it is hated

>The birth of Sandman
>The church scene with birth of venom

>caring about a fictional universe found in awful movies for 12 year olds

Doesn't get much more autistic than this

fuck yeah. Dan DeHaan's Harry was a lot of fun.

Both him and Jamie Foxx both showed a world where even a cool, well-meaning guy like Garfield's Spidey can still have unfortunate, petty bullshit pile onto him.

I doubt it.

I bet they are gonna make Parker immediately go up to MJ, tell a joke and then ask her out as she says yes.

If they do this...
REEEEEEEEEEE not how real life works

I still want Raimi to direct them.

THANK YOU

At least someone here has good taste

>why it is hated
Emo dancing Peter Parker.

So? That was one scene

He looked like a Xenomorph with thar enormous cone head of a mask they gave him.

Civil war suit best by far

ironically, "Dark" Peter Parker was barely emo.

He just had his hair in that emo style, wore black, danced like a dumbass and backhanded Mary Jane. Nothing really emo.

Had Maguire pulled out a screaming Brothers style performance for Dark Petey, then the "emo" accusations would've been quite appropriate.

>CGI looking suit with eyes that move is better
Um ok

>nu Goblin
>Topher Grace
>crappy romance love triangle between Mj, Pete and Harry
>awful CGI filled final act
>Spidey just forgives the Sandman and he flies away
I love Spider-Man 3 but it's so glaringly obvious that the studio wanted all of that shit in considering the first two movies end with smaller fights.

the birth of sandman was only one scene. lets say they cancel each other out. The rest of the movie is still bloated and stupid.

Yeah, but it kind of works the opposite of how Singer's X-Men movies work. Where one good scene can make you forget about how mediocre the movie is.

yo those eyes were pretty dope. but yeah, i hope they make the suit a little less cgi looking.

I just wish Ramie's villains weren't always "misunderstood" and always follow the pattern...

A) Things going great
B) Something shitty happens to them
C) Blame Spider-Man
D) Find out Peter Parker is Spider-Man
E) Hold Mary Jane hostage
F) Wind up killing themselves after they've somehow redeemed themselves

Still better than Marvel's pattern with the evil businessmen mentors who just wreck shit and die unless they're Loki.

Or Zemo. Stand by for Thunderbolts in phase 4.

that only describes Iron Man...

>tfw we'll never see Toby Spider-Man fight Lizard or Carnage
We already have him fighting Mysterio in the Spider-Man 2 video game.

And the Ant-Man villain.

the spiderman video games were the best thing to come out of that franchise.

Not a mentor to anyone though. Definitely not Scott. Maybe to Hope, but not really.

>tfw the awesome PS1 Neversoft Spider-Man game has been overshadowed by the PS2/PS3 movie games.

That game was so cool. I loved that "What If" mode so much.

There were no mentors in IM2 either. Or in IM3. And was Obadaiah a mentor to Tony in the first place?

>am i the only one

Yes?

Wish F4, X-Men, and Deadpool were back with Marvel as well. The great thing about the comics is them sharing the same universe. Why would you ever want to have them separate?

Not him but I always thought that the mutant-hate in a world where the FF are celebrated heroes was pretty retarded.
Not that people aren't retarded, mind you, but still.

>Wish F4, X-Men, and Deadpool were back with Marvel as well.
OH SHIT NO NO!

X Men in the MCU would be absolutely shocking and terrible.

But how can I stop it... I know that after Wolverine 3, they probably will be

>Why would you ever want to have them separate?
Because you can take their movies more seriously. No MCU quips and things feeling off and reboots happening

There's no reason to think that any characters returning to the MCU wouldn't be revamped just like Spidey was.

yeah. the x-men stories dont really make much sense in a universe with widely revered superheroes. imo the x-men franchise separation ended up being pretty good for the MCU.

I'd rather that not happen right now. Seeing that the Fantasic Four would get even more diversified than Trank's version and Professor X and Magneto would become black lesbians.

>No MCU quips and things feeling off and reboots happening
What? There's been no reboots in the MCU, it's Fox that rebooted the FF and changed up the timeline of the X-Men to replace actors.

>There's been no reboots in the MCU
Spiderman and the Hulk?

You literally got 2 different actors playing Hulk

>Am I the only one who doesn't want Spiderman in the MCU?

Yes.

/thread

>and changed up the timeline of the X-Men to replace actors.
They didn't replace any actors. The new actors in X Men Apocalypse are playing the younger versions of the old. Do you even pay attention?

>Spiderman and the Hulk
Neither was a reboot within the MCU
>You literally got 2 different actors playing Hulk
You also have two different actors playing Rhodey. That's not a reboot, that's replacing an actor.
>Do you even pay attention
Honestly? No.

What?

Hulk, Thor, GotG, etc. have no evil businessmen.

Thank you for finally finishing this retarded thread.

Enjoy your new weak Spiderman in the MCU

I think it kind of makes sense when you remember how prolific mutants were and that they were popping up all around you (before House of M anyway). To have a neighbor, teacher, pastor, daughter, prisoner, postman, etc. suddenly be able to set things on fire overnight might be a bit terrifying.

FF were well known "heroes" in their own right (i.e. astronauts) before gaining powers so it was just accepted they wouldn't try to burn down the World Trade Center or rob the local liquor store.

Bump :^)

>Weak

He's already shown to be stronger than Garfields Spiderman so that's a retarded thing to say.

>Hulk
>no evil businessmen
>implying war isn't a business

That was Sony and Universal, respectively.

In fact, Universal is still being difficult about Hulk which is why he hasn't gotten a sequel after the Ed Norton version.

What's an honest warmonger to do?

I wish they had integrated ASM or Raimiverse Spiderman into the MCU.

Then again, I haven't seen Civil War.

You should, the new Spidey is just fine.

Wut? He caught cars, caught and twisted back a punch from Winter Soldier then beat the shit out of WS and Falcon, then beat the shit out of Ant Man.

That's a pretty solid resume for 12 minutes of screen time.

Yes, now would be awkward just because it would be too much too soon.

But a Deadpool/Spider-man move would be interesting as well as having Wolverine (Hugh Jackman) on the Avengers.

It would never happen in this go-around but maybe in 20 years when they inevitably reboot everything again.

Also, I don't think Disney/Marvel would have let Fantastic Four become so shit. Fox really missed the core of silver-age FF.

I wasn't referring to Holland being weak as Spiderman but the story writing and characters in general.

GONE is the perfectly cast of Harry Osborn in ASM2.

GONE is the perfectly cast Dr Connors from the Sam Raimi trilogy.

GONE is the original MJ.

GONE is the original Gwen.

Enjoy Spiderman: Homecoming

>self-sabotaged himself
>self-shaved himself
>self-pissed himself
>self-anything himself

You should know better

>weak

Did you skip Civil War?

The whole gimmick was that he was young and inexperienced but had huge potential.

I hope Ed Norton comes back as the Hulk

Oh man you people are morons.

Read

Never going to happen.

I think he had a falling out of with the studio which is a shame because he was as passionate about Hulk as Cage is about Ghost Rider.

Could've been something great.

You can't /thread your own post, you fat retard.

You're judging a movie, in it's entiretey, before you watched it and calling us morons?

Alright.

He was so much better than Mark Cuckalo. Actually skinny like Banner and his Hulk isn't look like a fucking ape.

it really should have just been an open cameo situation
allow spiderman to cameo in cap 3 maybe some others
and allow some avenger to show up in the spidey universe
side note, are tehy really doing another origin story? fucking really, are they competing with batman to see how many times they can get away with it?
i mean at this point even the normalist of normies know their origins forwards and backwards, just do a fucking movie with the hero already

*doesn't

>are they really doing another origin story
No, where'd you pull that from? The MCU Spidey's been doing this for six months as of Civil War and probably a lot longer by his own movie.