Early Swans > Any other incarnation of Swans

Early Swans > Any other incarnation of Swans

Eh, not really, but I have to say that it's an underrated phase that a lot of youngsters are not looking into, which is a fucking shame, cunts are missing out.

why are the only good songs on this album screenshot and oxygen?

How come?

Because Bring The Sun doesn't exist, apparently

Well, I dunno, the kids that I've met are either into the recent stuff or the neofolk material, which are a cool period for the band, but the first phase of Swans is quite essential to the sound, so you should at least try it. But, that's just my opinion on the matter.

The Glowing Man is their best since soundtracks and if you dont count soundtracks then its their best since Holy Money

She Loves Us > Screenshot and Oxygen

Its apples and oranges.. no reason to debate over two completely different sounds

I always though Feel Good Now was a better live album but I never see it mentioned on here.

same with Kill The Child, imo

I like apples better than oranges

they don't flex their muscles

They're sound just grew more complex over time. Early Swans and current Swans are about equal in my opinion. Depends on my mood.

Deliquescence is the best thing they've released since The Glowing Man

>Swans
classic babby's first le extreemm moosiks xDD!

rec some good extreeeeeeme muzak!

i'm serious

i know. i agree but the only thing they've released since glowing man was the remastered great annihilator

Eh. I've actually recently binge listen to a bunch of early swans album/EP/comps.
They're good. But become too redundant sometimes for me to enjoy. But Greed is still a favorite of mines.
But yeah. I agree people should still at least check out Cop - Holy Money.

nigga it's the only thing they've released since Glowing Man

Gira

listen to some Ween for godddd's sake

Fuck that overrated turd of an album. Literally my least favorite Swans album

:^^^)

yeah maybe if kill the child wasn't ridiculously fucking inconsistent in quality and didn't have that fucking boring as shit rendition of Sex, God, Sex. not to mention how those little fucking cunts thought it would be cool to combine it all into one track despite nothing fucking flowing into anything in a way that makes you fucking feel "hey, this might've been a recording of a whole show!" which was their only fucking reasoning for doing this bullshit. good fucking god

i understand your frustration, but the recording of beautiful child makes up for sex, god, sex

kirsten supine is my favorite

Public Castration is a better and more unique recording of a better album

honestly the first few songs on that album were some of the best shit Swans have ever done imo. I don't by any means think it's a terrible album but it just has a few glaring issues that stop it from being one of their best

considering that Feel Good Now actually has variation while Public Castration is just rhythmic dissonance from start to finish (with the exception of Fool) that is debatable

I don't think I'd ever say that Feel Good Now has variation. Beyond that, though, I meant that PCIAGI presents longer expressions of the songs that assume a much different tone and that the recording quality is much better. With the 18-minute Blind Love providing the only real exception, Feel Good Now may as well just be a slightly slower Children Of God. The atmosphere is the same as that of the studio album.

The Knot is the second-best Swans song

She Loves Us, Bring the Sun/Toussaint Louveture, A Little God in my Hands, Nathalie Neal and To Be Kind are all better than Oxygen

Young God > Public Castration Is A Good Idea > Holy Money > Filth > Cop

Rate Swans' full studio albums from best to worst, in your opinion

>best
SFTB

>worst
Burning World

This album is criminally underrated
It's like Angels of Light cranked up to 11
One of my favourite Swans albums

I think we can all agree that his best period is with Jarboe, 86-96 albums.

Soundtracks For The Blind
The Glowing Man
Holy Money
White Light From The Mouth Of Infinity
The Seer
The Great Annihilator
Greed
My Father Will Guide Me Up A Rope To The Sky
The Burning World
To Be Kind
Children Of God
Filth
Cop
Love Of Life

>Children Of God that low
You should really re-listen it.

I think it's very good, but I don't like it more than the albums I ranked higher than it

screenshot and oxygen are the most accessible tracks on that album please think about the choices you have made in life again you fucking faggot

Calm down

Cop may be my favorite swans album.

how much money have you all given Gira?
$340 from me

kek

Every song on this album is fucking stellar

except for a little god in my hands

Why does everybody hate this song? It doesn't work very well in front of bring the sun, but it's a good standalone song.

Why is glowing man so high? What makes it so good? Glowpill me.

youre the heeeaarrt to the heaaaartacheee

this is the first swans thread that was actually good, who wants a STFTB vinyl?

antiques roadshow >swans

It's not underrated, their later releases just overshadow it.

Early Swans is just edginess with very little substance. They didn't actually mature artistically until the mid-90s. They perfected their sound in this decade.