LEARN TO SWIM LEARN TO SWIM LEARN TO SWIM LEARN TO SWIM LEARN TO SWIM LEARN TO SWIM LEARN TO SWIM LEARN TO SWIM LEARN...

LEARN TO SWIM LEARN TO SWIM LEARN TO SWIM LEARN TO SWIM LEARN TO SWIM LEARN TO SWIM LEARN TO SWIM LEARN TO SWIM LEARN TO SWIM LEARN TO SWIM LEARN TO SWIM LEARN TO SWIM LEARN TO SWIM LEARN TO SWIM LEARN TO SWIM LEARN TO SWIM LEARN TO SWIM LEARN TO SWIM LEARN TO SWIM LEARN TO SWIM LEARN TO SWIM LEARN TO SWIM LEARN TO SWIM LEARN TO SWIM LEARN TO SWIM LEARN TO SWIM LEARN TO SWIM LEARN TO SWIM LEARN TO SWIM LEARN TO SWIM LEARN TO SWIM LEARN TO SWIM LEARN TO SWIM LEARN TO SWIM LEARN TO SWIM LEARN TO SWIM LEARN TO SWIM LEARN TO SWIM LEARN TO SWIM LEARN TO SWIM LEARN TO SWIM LEARN TO SWIM LEARN TO SWIM LEARN TO SWIM LEARN TO SWIM LEARN TO SWIM LEARN TO SWIM LEARN TO SWIM LEARN TO SWIM LEARN TO SWIM

Tool is a band for high schoolers and pseudo intellectuals

>knows the lyrics

Yah i was in high school at one time

>went to school

TEACHING BITCHES HOW TO SWIM

wow so deep :) society is so messed up! thanks tool man for deep lyrics!

>If dat bitch cant swim, then she bound to Drizzown

first funny death grips post I've ever read and it's only mildly funny
Your ears are wacky

WILL YOU BITE THE HAND THAT FEEDS YOU WILL YOU STAY DOWN ON YOUR KNEES WILL YOU BITE THE HAND THAT FEEDS YOU WILL YOU STAY DOWN ON YOUR KNEES WILL YOU BITE THE HAND THAT FEEDS YOU WILL YOU STAY DOWN ON YOUR KNEES WILL YOU BITE THE HAND THAT FEEDS YOU WILL YOU STAY DOWN ON YOUR KNEES WILL YOU BITE THE HAND THAT FEEDS YOU WILL YOU STAY DOWN ON YOUR KNEES WILL YOU BITE THE HAND THAT FEEDS YOU WILL YOU STAY DOWN ON YOUR KNEES WILL YOU BITE THE HAND THAT FEEDS YOU WILL YOU STAY DOWN ON YOUR KNEES WILL YOU BITE THE HAND THAT FEEDS YOU WILL YOU STAY DOWN ON YOUR KNEES WILL YOU BITE THE HAND THAT FEEDS YOU WILL YOU STAY DOWN ON YOUR KNEES WILL YOU BITE THE HAND THAT FEEDS YOU WILL YOU STAY DOWN ON YOUR KNEES WILL YOU BITE THE HAND THAT FEEDS YOU WILL YOU STAY DOWN ON YOUR KNEES WILL YOU BITE THE HAND THAT FEEDS YOU WILL YOU STAY DOWN ON YOUR KNEES WILL YOU BITE THE HAND THAT FEEDS YOU WILL YOU STAY DOWN ON YOUR KNEES WILL YOU BITE THE HAND THAT FEEDS YOU WILL YOU STAY DOWN ON YOUR KNEES WILL YOU BITE THE HAND THAT FEEDS YOU WILL YOU STAY DOWN ON YOUR KNEES WILL YOU BITE THE HAND THAT FEEDS YOU WILL YOU STAY DOWN ON YOUR KNEES WILL YOU BITE THE HAND THAT FEEDS YOU WILL YOU STAY DOWN ON YOUR KNEES WILL YOU BITE THE HAND THAT FEEDS YOU WILL YOU STAY DOWN ON YOUR KNEES WILL YOU BITE THE HAND THAT FEEDS YOU WILL YOU STAY DOWN ON YOUR KNEES WILL YOU BITE THE HAND THAT FEEDS YOU WILL YOU STAY DOWN ON YOUR KNEES WILL YOU BITE THE HAND THAT FEEDS YOU WILL YOU STAY DOWN ON YOUR KNEES WILL YOU BITE THE HAND THAT FEEDS YOU WILL YOU STAY DOWN ON YOUR KNEES WILL YOU BITE THE HAND THAT FEEDS YOU WILL YOU STAY DOWN ON YOUR KNEES WILL YOU BITE THE HAND THAT FEEDS YOU WILL YOU STAY DOWN ON YOUR KNEES WILL YOU BITE THE HAND THAT FEEDS YOU WILL YOU STAY DOWN ON YOUR KNEES WILL YOU BITE THE HAND THAT FEEDS YOU WILL YOU STAY DOWN ON YOUR KNEES

stop ruining Trenty

You got it, man.

Why do faggots always do this? Any time you critique Westernized culture, specifically Hollywood culture, it becomes a "lol come on bro everyone knows that XD stop being a pseud"

Is it just their consciousness desperately clinging to their stockholm syndrome-like love affair with the culture they live in, one in which has molded their minds to be a drone to their system, and their mind becomes an apparatus FOR the system to defend itself?

Or is it just shills who need to keep the peace, getting paid to critique the criticism, however true it may be?

What's deep enough for you user? Would you prefer Tool talked about quantum mechanics, that life might be a computer simulation, or the destiny of mankind. Fool that you are, this would be met with derision even then.

"Woah bro quantum mechanics wowww you're so deep tool XD"

"life is a computer simulation? Wowww what are we learning philosophy from the Matrix or something XDDD haha literally babby's first philosophy"

How deep enough is actually deep for you? Honestly. Multiverse theory? Endless computer simulations going back forever, where the simulation is a simulation inside another? Brain in a vat? What will satisfy your weary mind, when will it finally be deep enough for you?

I CAN'T SWIM

fuck you, man :'(

Yeah, couldn't have said it better.

>"Is it just their consciousness desperately clinging to their stockholm syndrome-like love affair with the culture they live in, one in which has molded their minds to be a drone to their system, and their mind becomes an apparatus FOR the system to defend itself?"
this is exactly why I make fun of Tool and their fans

ok

Because you can't accept any criticisms of culture?

You're proving my point, you know.

Tool may have been a bit heavy handed in the song, but it's still a critique, and the fact that you mock it without anything that would be "actually deep" according to your standards just proves to me you mock it because you have nothing better to say.

I'm not even a tool fan like that.

"deep" lyrics are fucking gay
popular music is for fun
if i want "deep" i'll read a philosophical essay or treatise

I think it's only because it has been done like a million times by now,so it's not "cool" and goes with the whole fedora meme.

no it's because it's annoying to hear someone not shut the fuck up about their cute little observation 95% of 15 year old boys make. what Tool are essentially saying is "2+2=4", naturally, people respond with "no fucking shit" then you come along and say "B-BUT YOU'RE ONLY SAYING THAT BECAUSE YOU DON'T HAVE ANYTHING BETTER TO SAYY!!!"

>popular music is for fun

Then you disagree with the tenants of punk, or hip-hop, rock, country, even jazz.

It's meant to entertain yes, but why can't lyrics be anything other than fun?

Do I think the lyrics should get in the way of the music? Not usually

But what of Bob Dylan? A cultural icon known for his "deep" lyrics. Are his lyrics "fucking gay"

Bob Marley? He had some rebellious thoughts in his lyrics, as well as powerful messages. Are his lyrics "fucking gay"

Should we just bend over and take it from society like a good boy? I'm not saying everything has to be an intellectual masturbation exercise and an edgefest, but critique has it's place and to mock it as 2deep4u just shows a lack of understanding.

Have fun, but also get serious when needed.

Tool is also known for having their tongue planted firmly in their cheek, so.

THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST

Then it just sounds like you're trying to avoid the topic. You wouldn't get outraged at someone for telling you bathroom is on the left just because it's obvious that it is.

>It has been done like a million times now

There is nothing new under the sun. How do you propose we reinvent the wheel here? Just lie on our backs and accept whatever society dishes out because society said so?

>95% of 15 year old boys make

First of all, false. I'd argue most 15 year old boys are just average people who think about school, girls, media they like, and what future plans they may have. Critiquing society is hardly on their agenda, as they actually want to FIT IN, as most people do. That's just a basic understanding of humanity. To act like there's all these 15 year olds coming out critiquing westernized culture is both ludicrous and patently false. This is a classic argument tactic, "High school-tier philosophy" "basic college class level writing". As if that makes it less valid. If it's a true observation, what's wrong with it? Why is the truth such a big deal?

And if you disagree about it's truth, what's wrong with the writer expressing himself? It's trite you say, well what's not trite?

Tool says hollywood culture sucks. This is an opinion, I agree with it. Some would disagree. Some love it. Lots do. It's not "2+2=4" to people. It might appear easy to understand for you, but it's not the same for most people.

if someone can make a point about pop culture I haven't heard a million times and not do it in a "heh, yeah I probably just blew your mind!" manner then I have no issue. Tool and their fans don't do that.

Sounds like you're conflating Tool and their fans. I don't think Tool have that "I just blew your mind" attitude and idk where you're getting that from desu.

I can see why you think tool's FANS are pseuds but that's another story.

>popular music is for fun
Says who under what authority? What about the shitloads of people who now, just as during any other time in history, use it as a means of emotional expression and catharsis? How is such a purpose any less legitimate (even though untold amounts of folk songs have been made about the toil of a hard day's of work, during said work, and sung while working by peasantry throughout the ages).

As a long time Tool fan I've realized over the years just how cheesy Aenima really is

Meh, as a cultural force the knee-jerk reaction of, ha, so deep, in all its forms, is far more tired and repetitious to deal with than what Tool and their fans speak of. Which is bringing people together? Oh, I've seen people together a million times. Too pastiche...

Everyone who isn't an edgy faggot knows the "deepest" songs are his emotional ones like Jimmy or
Wings for Marie.

Now that I think about it even Californiacation by RHCP did a better job at criticizing hollywood than this song in fact I think Californiacation refrences this song with it's last verse

Exactly

Anti-intellectualism is cool

AUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGH

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR