Manhunter

>There are people who like Red Dragon better, because it has Ed Norton and Anthony Hopkins.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xcPemp1-t-Y
youtube.com/watch?v=y07Z8YVbjbs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It also has a score by Danny Elfman.

I liked it better because Ralph Fiennes performance was enjoyable.

Hopkins phoned it in and Norton was boring and unenthusiastic as fuck.

Manhunter is cheesy, campy shit that has aged poorly.

I thought Dolarhyde was better in Red Dragon

>that tiger scene
Mann is best

Fiennes made Red Dragon ... watchable, but even his performance was poor for him.

this

will is good, but everything else reeks of 80s campy shit. especially the soundtrack.

but retards on Sup Forums will say it's not dated, it's le comfy.

True but he atleast gave some effort. Norton looked bored desu and Hopkins, well let's just say it wasn't his finest hour

Manhunter

>Better visuals
>Symbolism in composition of shots
>Better Actors
>Tried to be original
>Better script
>Better director
>Introspective when it comes to Graham's hunt for the Tooth Fairy.

Red Dragon
>Directed by the guy who did Rush Hour
>Tried to imitate Silence of the Lambs
>Phoned in performance by Ed Norton
>Phoned in performance by Hopkins for a pay check.
>More scenes with Hopkins to milk it.
>No symbolism or deep thought put into film

But comfy is subjective and some people might have their comfy-triggers be outdated trash. Mine is anything cold or based in the snow, like The Thing. Most comfiest film IMHO.

The series was my favorite iteration, but it had the weakest performance of Dolarhyde. What the fuck, Armitage, you sound like you're reading to schoolchildren. It was homolust the tv show, you should be threatening and domineering. "Snarrrrl I am the dwagin!" Fuck you, buddy.

youtube.com/watch?v=xcPemp1-t-Y

I like red dragon better because it has based ralphie you fucking cunt

youtube.com/watch?v=y07Z8YVbjbs

How's being born after the year 2000 and smothering the planet with your overwhelming mediocrity, working out for you?

>I like the remake better, because the original is dated, because it has things in it from the era in which it was made.

How's pretending that Manhunter is good to look patrician working out for you?

Although I never commented on Red Dragon, what you said would be a perfectly valid criticism.

>valid
Enjoy your Ghostbusters remake

I don't need to pretend, son. I AM patrician.

I didn't mean to imply I disagreed with you at all about either of them. They were terrible.

Enjoy your logical fallacies, retard.

Manhunter > Silence of the Lambs is babby's first contrary opinion. I guess Manhunter > Red Dragon is the new one that you pseudo-patricians have moved on to.

there's a difference between 80s sound and aesthetics, and uninspired garbage made with the same yamaha synth presets that every other 80s thriller uses.

Thinking a Brett Ratner film is a better than Michael Mann film.

>kill yourself

You just go right on ahead and bring those "facts" to the table then, son. Air-tight citations and comparisons, from reputable sources.

I'll wait.

I don't care about facts, I know what I know. I can smell trite generic garbage from a mile away, I'm sorry if you can't.

Someone really liked Rush Hour

I never said that. I don't think I've even seen Red Dragon, although it does ring a lot of bells.

I watched Thief the other night and I think it's showing its age too (although a lot better than Manhunter which came out ~5 years later).

I'm sure Rush Hour is better than anything Mann made since Ali, and I haven't even watched Rush Hour.

It's okay, friend.

At least you still have Money Talks.

>can't into tangerine dream

Ed Norton was shit

Ralph Fiennes was Red Dragons only saving grace

Brett Ratner get off the internet, you're drunk

I'm 100%-convinced that this is actually Brett Ratner.

is this the how """"patricians"""" throw a hissy fit on the internet?

crime movies are the lowest common denominator of genre movies, right next to medieval fantasy and star wars. it's cute how you seriously believe your taste is too refined to enjoy the buddy cop movies of ratner.

There are people who think Ed Norton was better, because they like films Ed Norton was in...

i watched both, and the protagonists acting in manhunter is just abysmal. i actually liked brian cox better as lecter, because he didn't overact as much - but reducing the praise for red dragon to big name actors is just idiotic.

what about emily watsons performance in red dragon? what about the shitty 80's-tv-series budget/look in manhunter? you have to be wearing pink "everything older is automatically superior"-glasses to find this shit amazing

>crime movies are the lowest common denominator of genre movies,
Not if it's Noir.

>you have to be wearing pink "everything older is automatically superior"-glasses to find this shit amazing

Everything newer is good.

>what about emily watsons performance in red dragon?

What about it? Manhunter had a better Reba and Dolarhyde. The only thing better was Watson's looks.

>what about the shitty 80's-tv-series budget/look in manhunter?

Digital coloring and over done sets must make a movie good? Manhunter has symbolic imagery and is intended to show the taxing psychological wear and anxiety on Graham as he tries to prevent another family from being killed. But it also focuses on the human side of Dolarhyde, not as some monster, but as a broken human being. And the look itself even plays into this, hence why Lektor is in a bright white, disorienting room, instead of some underground dungeon.

"what about emily watsons performance in red dragon?"

Garbage tier compared to the original

>crime movies are the lowest common denominator of genre movies,
That's horror.