We’ll have nothing to watch but football and mixed martial arts, which are not the arts

>we’ll have nothing to watch but football and mixed martial arts, which are not the arts.

What did she mean by this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WkNL_cfVyWU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Basketball is an art

Well, they are not art forms. They're sports. Doesn't necessarily mean consuming or participating in art is a better use of your time than consuming or participating in sports, though. Ideally you should do both

>listening to jewish puppets

This. Although the tone of her speech seem to put down sports as a respectable entertainment

>the arts

pretty much just liberal propaganda these days, until there is a house cleaning at the top of the intellectual hierarchy the arts will be worthless

Well, it is American """""sports""""" we're talking.

I firmly believe that if we didn't have the bread and circus shit, there would be mass revolution and discontent when we awoke from our stupor and took an honest look at the world.

>humans haven't changed since Roman times

I'd rather watch brain damage occur on tv than live next to Dracula tbqh

I'd fucking rape the shit out of her. One of the top 4 or 5 cunts of all time.

She means our new president is an orange retard.

Transylvania is comfy af

Now that you put it that way...
General mass awakening is highly improbable, even if there are no mass produced entertainment, common people always find a way to distract themselves. Hell, even Sup Forums is an example of this. It would probably lead to a better acknowlegment of current situations for more people, though, but not for everyone

She is infinitely more retarded than he is though

And he's also absolutely correct about her being totally overrated

>mixed martial arts, which are not the arts.
It'd be ARTS if Rowsey mish mashed her stupid face for a few rounds.

>Streep
>more retarded than The Donald
There's no way that's possible.
I also think she's over rated, but Trump is being childish.
>stop with the fucking tweets already if you want to be taken seriously.

so fucking snobby.
Also both MMA and football players have become actors. Terry Crews was a football player IIRC.
On the other hand, I'd like to see her take a roundhouse kick to the face or tackle an NFL running back

>implying Streep couldn't kick Rousy's washed up ass.

She's trying to engage in some good old fashioned snobbery. She's implying that in the absence of Hollywood, only 'lowbrow' entertainment like sports would remain.

Her punchline works well on a Hollywood crowd but doesn't actually make a whole lot of sense in the wider context of her speech about the importance of foreigners and minorities.

The truth is that sport has far more diversity and pluralism than Hollywood does. There are only a handful of black multimillionaire superstars in Hollywood. But the NBA, the NFL, MLB - they're all fucking full of them. Even MMA is filled to the brim with non-Americans.

Instead of deriding these sports she should ask why they're a hell of a lot more diverse and pluralistic than her beloved, high-brow film industry.

>calling out a snobby cunt on twitter makes you childish
I suppose you want him to step up like a """real man""" and thank people for insulting him.

at this point a poodle could run her over

>trying to shoehorn sjw shit into the conversation

>using twitter
>at all
stop

He's the fucking president. He's supposed to rise above such petty things. He's going to rape the dignity of the office. People are going to be ripping him a new ass 24/7 for the next four years, no matter what he does. It comes with the territory. How is he going to be able to govern if he spends all day posting on social media like an overly emotional tween girl?

I can't stand her. She is so up herself. Why doesn't she sit down and watch some fucking Caligula?

>wah. stop insulting me. my feelings are hurt.

Shut yur fookin mout

Exactly HRC was much better on twitter, very dignified especially with the epic "delete your account" tweet. How can someone with this much dignity lose?
youtube.com/watch?v=WkNL_cfVyWU
Americans are retarded.

>he's going to rape the dignity of the office
The last three presidents already took care of that.

Both deserve to be nuked.

My hatred for the Donald is in no way an endorsement of his opponent.
>daily reminder that more people voted against him than for him

You're missing the point. She was trying to take a SJW position in her speech. About how Hollywood was going to stand up to foreigner and minority-hating Donald and that all he'd have left was sports, as if it's the preserve of racists and bigots.

But the irony is that sports are way more meritocratic than Hollywood. For all her liberal snobbery she can't see that sports embraces anyone as long as they're good enough. She looks down on it but it's moved past identity politics in a way that Hollywood hasn't.

I got you on Bill and Dubya, but lost on where Obama didn't conduct himself with dignity.

This. If only America had elected one of the other supremely talented candidates such as senile Bernie Sanders or Jeb "Mr. Turtles" Bush.

To be fair, her marketing team runs her twitter. That was when she was still trying to win over the millenial vote. Trump just can't resist.

I'm sure her emails made her seem really presidential though.

"I'm verklempt"
"Talk amongst yourselves...topic is...Mixed Martial Arts is neither Mixed, Martial or an Artform. Discuss."

Based Donny is already one of the top 10 POTUS of all time and he hasn't even taken office, impressive

John Kasich was the only one out of the 20+ candidates that wasn't despicable or bat shit crazy. I didn't agree with him, but at least he wasn't a crook or a retard.

>My version of art is the only acceptable form of art

Sounds like every asshole on earth, why is everyone talking about her like she said something meaningful?

You are this stupid

tienes que regressar, chicano

He's pretty much Sup Forums: The President.

Up at 2 in the morning, shitposting for (You)s.

I'm surprised that the wider public has taken to him so well.

rich white lady receiving award isnt like THOSE PEOPLEEEEEEE, you know, "mma watchers"

I'm mystified by the phenomenon myself. I get why people hate Hillary and voted against her, but I'm honestly lost on why they love him for an office that he's so obviously unqualified for.

>Hollywood having the balls to call themselves artists
why don't you faggots just make another shitty Star Wars/Marvel movie for the popcorn eating retards and stop pretending that you're artistically relevant

They got tired of (((Political Correctness))) so they decided to elect a meme for president. They don't give a shit about the promises he made, otherwise they'd be fucking infuriated at the backtracking he's done even before taking office.

The wider public is equally retarded.

people are tired of politicians, trump talks like a real person not some guy who has 10 advisers and only makes decisions based on polls.

When did common kindness get misconstrued as political correctness?

Well, that's just stupid.

just checked who won the awards this year

a list of literal literal whos, don't know anyone except for ryan gosling and emma stone who won for some meme musical

hollywood is really going down the toilet if that is the best they have to offer

>common kindness

Lol fuck off

Ah yes, senile Sanders. The man would easily heem and debate Trump in his sleep.

For

Trump talks like a blithering retard

That's what it is.

games are by far the purest forms of entertainment

He talks like one because he is one.

Heres your (You)

I know. For one of the few times in my life, I'm ashamed of my country.

Is an art a athlete?

disgusting comment

I guess that is being "real" if he's true to his moronic nature like that.

I thought the point of her speech was pointing out how undiverse hollywood was?

There were some great movies that came out this year. They got shunted for bullshit obscure art films that only Hollywood's industry elite would watch.

How is 'political correctness' anything other than kindness painted just in a negative light.

>Real people tell lies and make broad guesses on facts without checking with anyone
It checks out.

I'm interested to hear which movies you think are great.

>Rare flag

>about to become president
>spend your time leading a twitter war against a hollywood actress

I mean, I liked that Trump won for the meme potential, but....has this meme gone too far?

Will this guy literally live-tweet his entire presidency and talk to leaders in the US and around the world through twitter?

What a time to be alive....

Trump is a billionaire elitist from New York, it is amazing how rural folk buy into the idea that he is normal in any way.

Nothing is too petty for Trump to tweet about.

Jim Bob and Betty Jean like Trump because finally there's a president they don't feel inferior to.

>Meryl Streep is a cunt, and a millionaire
>Streep makes faces, plays dress-up and lectures the people at an award show created and decided by her friends, in an actual circlejerk
>Vontaze Burfict is an ape, and a millionaire
>Burfict risks destroying his own and other players' bodies to win a game of football, and often chimps out
guess which rich asshole pisses people off more

also
>we're artists because we say so, not because anyone else enjoys our shlock

>Just met with the President of Somewhere, truly an awful person. Smelled bad, stuttered and was all over the place. A mess! No wonder he is opposed to my politics. Will NOT last beyond his term.
he will change the world with his presidential ways.

/political/ correctness means conforming to the left's language policing. It means being called racist/sexist/homophobic/transphobic for even the slightest of perceived wrong-think or differences of opinion. It is a tool used to perpetuate the idea of a victim hierarchy.

think about how hilarious the situation is

leaders all over the world now have to check out trump's twitter to see his policies and opinions about stuff and what makes him mad and what he likes

until now, governments needed well-trained spies for that, now just a twitter account

The irony here is astounding.

lel

Shut the fuck up, Portugal. This has nothing to do with you.

talk shit get hit, you wanna whine like a bitch-made nigger you're gonna get roasted like a bitch-made niggger, don't say shit on a soapbox if you ain't ready for the cross-counter

Fortune 500 companies have to hire people to watch twitter overnight to conduct damage control if trump makes a tweet about them. shit is nuts

>I wanna be able to say fag, kike and nigger because it's funny

Sports aren't art

That's fine if you're just a run of the mill real estate millionaire, but he's a president now. At the very least he ought to act like he has bigger fish to fry.

It's funnier when they don't want you to say it.

>I don't wanna be called racist/sexist/homophobic/transphobic, but I wanna call other people names with impunity

>Will this guy literally live-tweet his entire presidency and talk to leaders in the US and around the world through twitter?
yep

it's great

irony where, buddy?
pls explain

Your typical Trump voter everyone.

as a response dana white of ufc was asked if mma was art. he basically said
>is mma art? of course it is! because [went on about something completely irrelevant as an explanation]

i don't think that something inherently competitive like sports can be made into art, that doesn't sit with me at all.

You claim political correctness is a left idea, yet whenever someone says something you disagree with, you attack their language just like a so called PC lefty would. You're the same people saying different words.

What about sports with judging like gymnastics and figure skating

>liberals

What did his hand smell like after?

see

>thid blog
and I'm Doug Flutie

>with judging
that doesn't make it better for me. although someone might look at a figure skater dancing around in some rink is art, it's still used in a competition where competitors want to follow a strict set of rules and beat the other to win a prize. it isn't an artform at its core, and being artistic is not what an athletes goal is.